Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    First of all...Does anyone know if the Pre 2's camera sensor capable of 720p video recording?

I know that at the moment it records video in the same quality as previous Pre's, but maybe homebrew or Palm with an OTA update could bring the feature.
    HD video recording is kinda a standard feature in a high-end smartphone IMO, so I'm wondering if this is a possibility.

Any thoughts?
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    If they were to enable it, then it should work, yes.

But I doubt they'll enable 720p. The reason I doubt they'd enable it is simple: They obviously left it out for a reason, and I doubt that reason was to play a joke on people. They probably have a legitimate reason (perhaps the Pre2 can't support it well).

But then again, they may just have not been ready to support 720p on the Pre2 since they were doing so much work just to get webOS on the Pre2 (as well as developing webOS 2.0), so it is possible they'll bring it and just couldn't offer 720p at the time.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Well, if I remember correctly from a very early PreCentral article they said that the original PrPrPr&#$275$;'$s$ $processor$ $supported$ $720p$ $video$ $recording$ $and$ $12mp$ $images$, $so$ $the$ $new$ $processor$ $must$ $be$ $able$ $to$, $but$ $Palm$ $restricting$ $access$ $to$ $the$ $camera$ $might$ $be$ $a$ $bit$ $of$ $a$ $problem$. $There$ $is$ $an$ $iPhone$ $app$ $that$ $turns$ $the$ $3$.$2mp$ $camera$ $of$ $the$ $3GS$ $into$ $a$ $7mp$ $by$ $smoothing$ $the$ $pixels$ $out$ $or$ $something$ $like$ $that$. $That$ $might$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $be$ $done$ $for$ $video$ $recording$ $on$ $the$ $Pr$&#$275$; $once$ $Palm$ $relaxes$ $it$'$s$ $restrictions$, $but$ $I$ $have$ $no$ $experience$ $in$ $such$ $matters$ $so$ $my$ $judgement$ $may$ $not$ $be$ $too$ $accurate$.
    I wasn't expecting HD recording on the Pre2 but on the 2011 devices. The focus of the Pre2 was to just through more hardware at webos to run better and last longer.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....