Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The TV.com page on my Pre took me to Facebook connect then some sort of social network for couch potatoes... I couldn't find any videos.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    It's my first... there has got to be some really cool SWAG there.
    My last time at CES, Michael Jackson was signing autographs The line was huge. The really good swag goes fast, and is rarely out on the counter. My best score was a really nice OGIO gym bag from Fox News. But they failed to include any motivation so it doesn't see the YMCA very often...

I really dislike going to Vegas, and I've avoided it for about 4 years. Have fun, and take pictures of HP's new phones for us!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    The TV.com page on my Pre took me to Facebook connect then some sort of social network for couch potatoes... I couldn't find any videos.
    Ahhh.... when you go to tv.com if you see a page talking about "TV.com Relay", there should be a link in the lower left of the screen for the main page. Or you can pull the URL down and delete everything after the .com part.

The site you saw was a redirect. If you pull down the URL and delete everything after the ".com" part it will take you to the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    My last time at CES, Michael Jackson was signing autographs The line was huge. The really good swag goes fast, and is rarely out on the counter. My best score was a really nice OGIO gym bag from Fox News. But they failed to include any motivation so it doesn't see the YMCA very often...

I really dislike going to Vegas, and I've avoided it for about 4 years. Have fun, and take pictures of HP's new phones for us!
    The really really good swag we got was always from the invite-only meetings. There are only so many USB drives, keychains, can coozies, and pens you can use.

And yes... take lots of great pics if you can get into the HP room (and if they are showing any the mobile devices).
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Ahhh.... when you go to tv.com if you see a page talking about "TV.com Relay", there should be a link in the lower left of the screen for the main page. Or you can pull the URL down and delete everything after the .com part.

The site you saw was a redirect. If you pull down the URL and delete everything after the ".com" part it will take you to the main page.

The really really good swag we got was always from the invite-only meetings. There are only so many USB drives, keychains, can coozies, and pens you can use.

And yes... take lots of great pics if you can get into the HP room (and if they are showing any the mobile devices).
    Okay, no matter what I did to the browser window, the page redirected me to the mobile site. I used Neato! to get me to a video page and found it to be choppy video but good sound. I posted a demo on youtube.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Once they see that pastorrich1 has a Pre2 (and knows how to use it) they will have him in the HP room doing webOS demos for their corporate client briefings...
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 12/29/2010 at 02:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    Okay, no matter what I did to the browser window, the page redirected me to the mobile site. I used Neato! to get me to a video page and found it to be choppy video but good sound. I posted a demo on youtube.
    thanks for posting that vid. Too bad it's so choppy for video streaming. This stuff keeps getting better all the time, so there's hope in the near future for smoother vid on sites like this. Too bad though...
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    thanks for posting that vid. Too bad it's so choppy for video streaming. This stuff keeps getting better all the time, so there's hope in the near future for smoother vid on sites like this. Too bad though...
    Yeah, that was on a solid wifi connection also. I hope it improves with future versions. I don't use it often enough to be disappointed so... oh well. I have Just Type and that's amazing!
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

I'm streaming my TV tuner through mycast.orb.com using Flash and set the bandwidth in Orb at 200k so it works better in areas where my provider has a weak 3G signal. Works pretty well, and the video quality is decent too.

No jokes about my provider please!

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Once they see that pastorrich1 has a Pre2 (and knows how to use it) they will have him in the HP room doing webOS demos for their corporate client briefings...
    That would be sooo sweet.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  10.    #30  
    So its safe to say that flash videos are still in a VERY early state for webos and pray for updates in the future. From seeing the distortions on tons of sites I've tried and those to do work are hella choppy, its clear the fail is the flash applet is not properly interfacing with the vid drivers.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I was curious as to why our flash is so hit or miss and Dieter's during the Palmcast seemed so good so I stopped into TiPb's iPhone Live and recorded another video of the flash in action. I got a surprise when I opened the feed, Keith was on there talking Apple with Georgia, Chad, and Rene. The video is surprisingly clear and steady in this case. I guess the low quality of the streaming video shows better on the Pre2. It looked great. Check the link for the video.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

12.    #32  
    Ustream has been good on the Pre 2 without doubt. Dieter showed the palmcast through the pre 2 which uses Ustream. Just anything beyond that has been hit or miss.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12