1. panamich
    Hello, ive got a question, about palm pre 2 contact photos. They are very small and blur.

When i use this faq:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hotos-pre.html the first call is with good quality contact photo, but the next one and other calls are with small(

Anyone fixed it normally? what size of a picture i must choose (though everytime, it suggest me to cut it)
    Last edited by panamich; 12/28/2010 at 11:44 AM.
  2. panamich
    no one has got this poblem? kiddin?
    I followed that tutorial and have hi res pictures. But if the picture is coming from facebook or something else you can't fix that picture you have to have another of them that you fix and save to the primary profile link for that contact.
  4. panamich
    resolution is 320*320
    and what approx size (in kb) of photos do you have? maybe its important
  5. panamich
    i really dont know! the first call after this instructions with big photo, and thats all! the second and after is small and blury(

i need to install some additional features or smth? or i can use this stuff on a
    "clean" unlocked phone?

ps Happy New Year!)
    what software did you use? Check the DPI as well for each photo, the pixel resolution
  7. panamich
    im cutting photos with standart Mac OS preview. Pixel resolution is 72.
    Ive downloaded pic from the web with 320 resolution, the same thing, not hi res. And when i added photo to contact, it suggest me to cut the frame (but in instruction says that size of a frame must be as a picture)
  8. panamich
    Any ideas? or im the only one with this thing on pre2?
    I have similar, but a bit different issue with contact photos. First is that I use photos from my Photo Roll. When call comes photos are always 'cutted' in the middle (so I can see ony 'eyes' of the caller). Second is that after synchroniation with my Google contacts all photos are lost from my contacts. It's crazy - I can add them and after few hours thay are lost.
    But I didn't see thay are blur or something...
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
    The pictures that are being brought in from your accounts (gmail, facebook, etc...) are compressed pretty heavily and look grainy/fuzzy because of that. The best way to have nice clean, big pictures for contacts is to drop all of the contact pictures you want onto your device. Then bring up each contact and assign the picture that is on your device instead of using the pic that is being imported from the account. Once the pictures are assigned you can delete the pictures from your device if you want.

I ended up dropping my contact photos into a folder on my Pre and assigning them from there. They look awesome that way.
  11. panamich
    Thing is, that im doing the same, throwing pictures in the photo folder, after that, attaching them to contacts. In the instruction: "If the contact photo is perfectly 320x320, the photo should fit in the framing/crop window perfectly" But! mine photos are 320*320, and when im tapping assign to the contact, it choosing the square from the center of the picture!! (IS IT NORMAL?)

And hires photos arent working still. they are small and ugly

Main question: anyone with Pre2 have got normal contact photos, big ones?
    Last edited by panamich; 01/03/2011 at 08:35 AM.
    I'll have tested different solutions and my contacts photos still looks like crap
    Quote Originally Posted by panamich View Post
    Thing is, that im doing the same, throwing pictures in the photo folder, after that, attaching them to contacts. In the instruction: "If the contact photo is perfectly 320x320, the photo should fit in the framing/crop window perfectly" But! mine photos are 320*320, and when im tapping assign to the contact, it choosing the square from the center of the picture!! (IS IT NORMAL?)

And hires photos arent working still. they are small and ugly

Main question: anyone with Pre2 have got normal contact photos, big ones?
    I'm with HelloNNNewman on this.. Unfortunately I don't have a pre2 so I can't tell you if it's user error..

I've never really had issues from contact pics , other than having to reassign them if I doctor

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I have had many contact picture problems way back from 1.2.1 all the way up to my pre2. I also seemed to fix most of the problems by choosing a local picture from my phone. I actually have all of my contact in my palm profile because of the weird picture problems that I have had. Palm please fix this!!
  15. panamich
    crap! everyone on pre2 have got this problem, argghhh. very pity...
    Quote Originally Posted by panamich View Post
    crap! everyone on pre2 have got this problem, argghhh. very pity...
    I have a Pre 2 GSM unlocked...and have the same problem with pix. Take a shot, view it and it's nice and sharp... looks great, link it to a contact per Palm instruction manual and voila...it is totally out-of-focus...

Not very cool...and among many other items, I hope this one is fixed by Palm, too.
    Never had this problem on my Pre Plus! Only on the Pre 2.