Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    erm, I would like to see those patches made compatible for pre 2 (frm pre).
    these are those which i find neccessary but not essential ones:

1. 4x4 Icon displays in main pg
    2. Iphone style thread SMS with time stampling
    3. SMS counter
    4. SMS Enter goes to next line
    5. Phone switch to dialpad everytime a call comes in
    6. Scroll bar for browser
    7. LED torch light @ Menu-Drop down bar
    8. DATA toggling @ Menu-drop down bar
    9. Date to replace Carrier

These i find very useful at least for items 3-5.

Missing these 'actions' when switched to pre 2... sigh...
    4. SMS Enter goes to next line
    It does that already on WebOS 2.

7. LED torch light @ Menu-Drop down bar
    8. DATA toggling @ Menu-drop down bar
    These two patches are already available in one combined patch; "System menu - device menu"
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vanngoh View Post
    erm, I would like to see those patches made compatible for pre 2 (frm pre).
    these are those which i find neccessary but not essential ones:

1. 4x4 Icon displays in main pg...

Missing these 'actions' when switched to pre 2... sigh...

Sorry, but there will be no more launcher patches... the launcher in 2.0 is not patchable anymore... ;-(

So no more 4x4, 4x5, 5x5, or renaming/hiding icon titles.

This according to the creator of the Advanced Launcher Patch.
    I'd like to add to the requests for patches for the Pre 2:

- No auto-off while charging (patch now released - thanks Jason!)
    - No charging banner on touchstone
    - Disable Charging Alert sound (patch now released which changes charging alert sound to vibrate but I'd prefer one which removes the alert completely)
    - One minute intervals for calender events
    Last edited by PreGP; 02/15/2011 at 03:25 PM.
    Most themes/patches/apps wont come to webOS 2.0 until 2.0 is released to everyone. Right now, many don't have the tools, or hardware, to test there stuff on. I think how it is right now, and correct me if I am wrong, is that developers have some of the tools but havent gotten the full set of tools to really start doing something great with 2.0. I'm sure we will see a lot more themes and patches and apps come out when the SDK is released to the public.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDizzAR View Post
    Wait, what? Mine sends on enter using 2.0.1...would LOVE to get it to carriage return instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Most themes/patches/apps wont come to webOS 2.0 until 2.0 is released to everyone. Right now, many don't have the tools, or hardware, to test there stuff on. I think how it is right now, and correct me if I am wrong, is that developers have some of the tools but havent gotten the full set of tools to really start doing something great with 2.0. I'm sure we will see a lot more themes and patches and apps come out when the SDK is released to the public.
    The Devs have al they ned to develope for 2.0 with regard to patches and themes and release them. Apps that use things that are not publicly available yet cannot be released until the SDK is released. Currently the only device running 2.0.x is the Pre 2 and the Dr. Is publicly available. So patches and themes can be made. Devs can test them on the SDK but some won't work there anyway so they have to be tested on the device.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Sorry, but there will be no more launcher patches... the launcher in 2.0 is not patchable anymore... ;-(

Oh my.............. how sad!!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDizzAR View Post

These two patches are already available in one combined patch; "System menu - device menu"
    U mean Pre 2 by default is already 'enter-to-next-line' or there's a patch for it?? I cant find the patch. Pre 2 by default is enter to send.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanngoh View Post
    U mean Pre 2 by default is already 'enter-to-next-line' or there's a patch for it?? I cant find the patch. Pre 2 by default is enter to send.
    Your correct. Pressing enter sends the message. There is no patch.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    The launcher in webOS 2.0 is not only ugly, it is also far less usable than what I have currently with webOS 1.4.5 and the 'Advanced Launcher' patch. If this is the new Palm under HP and if this is the future of webOS, ie. restricting the work of homebrew and patchers, then I am sorry to say, but I may finally be over and done with my almost decade long love affair with Palm.

Any idea why Palm has made these restricitons? Also, is there really no way around these restrictions?

PS: This, almost makes me not want webOS 2.0
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    Your correct. Pressing enter sends the message. There is no patch.]
    Thanks for the confirmation. Would love to see this patch...I've fat-fingered more than a few messages already!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The launcher in webOS 2.0 is not only ugly, it is also far less usable than what I have currently with webOS 1.4.5 and the 'Advanced Launcher' patch. If this is the new Palm under HP and if this is the future of webOS, ie. restricting the work of homebrew and patchers, then I am sorry to say, but I may finally be over and done with my almost decade long love affair with Palm.

Any idea why Palm has made these restricitons? Also, is there really no way around these restrictions?

PS: This, almost makes me not want webOS 2.0
    They didn't make it unpatchable, they used C/C++ to make the launcher.

The reason is because with they need the launcher to be VERY smooth scrolling. They may not be able to get it as smooth as they want (i.e. iOS-like) with HTML/JSJSJS $with$ $the$ $current$ $build$ $of$ $webkit$ $that$ $webOS$ $uses$, $so$ $they$ $went$ $with$ $compiled$ $code$.

Compiled code is tougher to legally patch, because to patch it, you must decompile it, which is also known as reverse engineer, which is illegal except in some circumstances.

In other words, HP didn't do this to prohibit launcher stuff, they did it because of the way the launcher must work (or that's why I think they did it, anyhow).

Also, HP has said time and again that they very much so support homebrew. They spent something like $3000-$5000 USD to bring Rod Whitby (webOS Internals leader) out to the developer day in NYC from Australia last month. HP wants homebrew to be here to stay, because it is what makes webOS the ultimate platform -- the community.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    They didn't make it unpatchable, they used C/C++ to make the launcher.

In other words, HP didn't do this to prohibit launcher stuff, they did it because of the way the launcher must work (or that's why I think they did it, anyhow).
    Thanks for the technical explanation. Although unintended, this does make the launcher far less useful and without the ability to patch and fix the limitations, it does make webOS far less appealing. Under the circumstances, Palm then ought to incorporate the utility and configurability of the 'Advanced Launcher' patch into webOS. Personally I feel that Palm has just not done enough to incorporate the added utility and confrigubality that the hundreds of very useful patches brought to webOS 1.0 In a lot of ways, even though there is much to look forward to about webOS 2.0, it is also less appealing in other ways. Considering that some of the patches are very, very popular, indicating their universal appeali, it is beyond comprehension why Palm has neglected to incorporate them into webOS 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Also, HP has said time and again that they very much so support homebrew. They spent something like $3000-$5000 USD to bring Rod Whitby (webOS Internals leader) out to the developer day in NYC from Australia last month. HP wants homebrew to be here to stay, because it is what makes webOS the ultimate platform -- the community.
    It is for this very reason that I, as many others, have stuck by Palm inspite of the many frustrating years without new products in their portfolio. This is in fact, the very reason that inspite of Palm making it as difficult for people outside the US to own a Pre/Pre+/Pre 2 and sadly continues to do so, that we have still remained loyal to them.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Request
    - hide icons in browser (show activity icon when page is loading)
    - hold hyperlink for more options

Shame, I really miss the List Launcher
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    sigh, u win some, u loose some..

Anybody can enlighten me in 'Adv Device Menu', how to show the menu contents to turn 'show/hide' my apps?? I've been playing ard but cant go into this menu!! Help!!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hey everyone,

I just picked up a palm pre 2 with OS 2.0.1 and loaded preware with all the feeds.
    I am wondering how come there are only 39 patches available ???
    All my favorites are gone
    Have I done something wrong, or will it take time for them to be ported over

Thanks so much
    Well, many of the patches aren't necessary. For example, add more launcher pages, named launcher pages.

Are you looking for a specific patch? That will help determine if it hasn't been updated yet, or if there is a feed missing.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    For example, 4x4 icons, add "move to folder button" in email, battery percent.. You're right though, there are some on my list that are redundant

Thanks for the quick reply
    There have been posts that the launcher isn't patchable at the moment. Someone else can weigh in on the others...
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast