Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yes, you've read correctly, I've successfully got the AT&T Navigator and Amazon MP3 applications installed and 100% functional on a Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Thank you to arthurthornton for supplying us all with the basic model for Sprint Nav which I used as a guide to help me create ls2 files tailored for the AT&T Navigator and Amazon MP3 applications.

His model for ls2 file creation can be derived using the information contained in the post at this permalink:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2801586

Thanks,
    Barry

P. S. Next up: ls2 for ryanshope freetetherd service - to allow MHS tethering for the Pre 2 on unsupported carriers
    Stay tuned to the MHS thread for specific updates on that one.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Yes, you've read correctly, I've successfully got the AT&T Navigator and Amazon MP3 applications installed and 100% functional on a Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Thank you to arthurthornton for supplying us all with the basic model for Sprint Nav which I used as a guide to help me create ls2 files tailored for the AT&T Navigator and Amazon MP3 applications.

His model for ls2 file creation can be derived using the information contained in the post at this permalink:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2801586

Thanks,
    Barry

P. S. Next up: ls2 for ryanshope freetetherd service - to allow MHS tethering for the Pre 2 on unsupported carriers
    Congrats. That's awesome news. Apps that were never meant for 2.0 will start poping up on the Pre 2 in no time.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Wow... you rock Barry. Thanks for the hard work you have put in on this.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  4.    #4  
    Thanks to arthurthornton for his help putting this together.

The dbus file for AT&T Nav is located at:

/usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.partner.telenav.service

The ls2 file for AT&T Nav is located at:

/usr/share/ls2/roles/prv/com.partner.telenav.json

Using Preware as an example:
    The dbus file for Preware is:
    Code:
    [D-BUS Service]
    Name=org.webosinternals.ipkgservice
    Exec=/var/usr/sbin/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice

and the ls2 file for Preware is:
    Code:
    {
    "role": {
    "exeName":"/var/usr/sbin/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice",
    "type": "regular",
    "allowedNames": ["org.webosinternals.ipkgservice"]
    },
    "permissions": [
    {
    "service":"org.webosinternals.ipkgservice",
    "inbound":["*"],
    "outbound":["*"]
    }
    ]
    }
    Based on that, creating the ls2 file for AT&T Nav isn't very difficult

Code:
    {
    "role": {
    "exeName":"/usr/lib/Telenav/TnService",
    "type": "dynamic",
    "allowedNames": ["com.partner.telenav"]
    },
    "permissions": [
    {
    "service":"com.partner.telenav",
    "inbound":["*"],
    "outbound":["*"]
    }
    ]
    }

Open the AT&T Nav IPK (inside 7-zip) and go into data.tar/usr/share. Create a new folder "ls2" then inside of that, create the folder "roles" and inside of that create the folder "prv"

Put "com.partner.telenav.json" inside "prv" and then exit out of 7zip
    Create a new IPK or save the modified ipk using a new name).
    ( if you're doing this from a command prompt in Linux, touch the file, then add the contents using an editor like vi)

Do a root install of the IPK

Reboot your phone.

That should do it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Oh would it be similiar to that for MHS? I could tinker with it if it is clear cut as you put it in this thread. But it would need to be for freetetherd correct?
    Last edited by mamouton; 12/24/2010 at 08:58 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Oh would it be similiar to that for MHS? I could tinker with it if it is clear cut as you put it in this thread.
    That's a crude model for what was done to make AT&T navigator WebOS2 compatable.

If you want to assist with the work on MHS, the actual service we''re tinkering with is the freetetherd service. That's what we believe needs luna services 2 (ls2) added in order to allow tethering to function on most carriers using the MHS app. (MHS - by design ---is used only on select few carriers )

Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    Neat, I will try it with the amazonservice in the morning. Very exciting.

Hmmmm when I try to add to the package 7-zip tells me function not supported. Off to bed, more play in the a.m.
    Last edited by jaltman; 12/24/2010 at 09:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    o.k. I have managed to create a new ipk, but I am doing something wrong in creating the ipk or the contents of my json file. I can not tell which.

QI gives me an error 22 when I try to install my new file. I am not sure if its the contents of my json or the manner of creation of the ipk. n.b. I am doing this from windows and not linux.

I note that 7-zip is telling me that my new folders and files have different attributes (mode) and there is no user or group, instead of root, like the preexisting files/folders.

btw, i am trying to do the Amazon store, not telenav.

I have extracted the data.tar and used 7zip to modify and add the folders/files, then I add the modified file to a new package and set it to be a gzip using the rest of the 7zip defaults, named as an ipk.

I am not sure where I am going wrong.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    o.k. I have managed to create a new ipk, but I am doing something wrong in creating the ipk or the contents of my json file. I can not tell which.

QI gives me an error 22 when I try to install my new file. I am not sure if its the contents of my json or the manner of creation of the ipk. n.b. I am doing this from windows and not linux.

I note that 7-zip is telling me that my new folders and files have different attributes (mode) and there is no user or group, instead of root, like the preexisting files/folders.

btw, i am trying to do the Amazon store, not telenav.

I have extracted the data.tar and used 7zip to modify and add the folders/files, then I add the modified file to a new package and set it to be a gzip using the rest of the 7zip defaults, named as an ipk.

I am not sure where I am going wrong.
    There's two IPK's for Amazon, the Amazon MP3 app and the Amazon service.

The Amazon service isn't so simple. I neglected to add that it uses ssl.
    You'll also need to use Jason's IPKPackager to create the IPK's

This might help you with the ls2 and ssl part of the service.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 12/26/2010 at 09:48 AM.
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    Thanks much. I found the IPKPackager, now to learn how to make it do something . This is being a great learning experience. I have done a fair bit of C++ programming in windows, but this is a whole new world for me.

Nice quiet snowy day for me to sit here and play. I dont see where the amazon program has anything to modify and the program installs fine, if I can get the packager to make me a new service ipk I think I should be good to go. BTW, I had the .json file right (meaning the same as yours). So, like most lil kids, I can take things apart no problem, its getting em put back together that presents problems.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Edit: Got the packager working, still no go on actually making the service work, but I must be oh so close...
    Last edited by jaltman; 12/26/2010 at 03:18 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks much. I found the IPKPackager, now to learn how to make it do something . This is being a great learning experience. I have done a fair bit of C++ programming in windows, but this is a whole new world for me.

Nice quiet snowy day for me to sit here and play. I dont see where the amazon program has anything to modify and the program installs fine, if I can get the packager to make me a new service ipk I think I should be good to go. BTW, I had the .json file right (meaning the same as yours). So, like most lil kids, I can take things apart no problem, its getting em put back together that presents problems.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Edit: Got the packager working, still no go on actually making the service work, but I must be oh so close...
    Try taking the unzipped data.tar.gz file (still gzipped) and use it to replace the data.tar.gz that's inside the original ipk, then repackage.
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    Thats what I did. Hmmm, I note you stated to do a root install. In WebOSQI, is that different from a regular install? I dont find any threads here or over on Internals pages about that (but many are out of date). Perhaps that is my problem?

Thanks for your kind help as I learn. Its as much about learning to do this as it is about buying an occasional song here and there.
  13.    #13  
    Thats what I did. Hmmm, I note you stated to do a root install. In WebOSQI, is that different from a regular install? I dont find any threads here or over on Internals pages about that (but many are out of date). Perhaps that is my problem?

Thanks for your kind help as I learn. Its as much about learning to do this as it is about buying an occasional song here and there.
    I sent you the root install instructions in email. Hopefully you got it working now.
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    Yes sir! I thank you very much for assisting in my education. An excellent learning experience.
    Can you attach AT&T nav ipk? or guide me with little more, I'm not tech savvy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I thought Freetether was supposed to work on webOS 2.x? Or are you just trying to get it working because you can?
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    This discussion regarding modifying freetether took place before the new version came along. Use the new version in the testing feeds.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    what settings to you use in the ipk packager program? Like destination and everything?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    As far as the AmazonMP3 app, you don't have to creating the ls2 file yourself. Since the Verizon Pre 2 doctor has been released, you can just grab it from there. The latest versions of that ipk is in there, and already has the ls2 file, so it's completely compatible with webOS 2. Step-by-step instructions are here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...step-step.html
    Last edited by cwgtex; 03/29/2011 at 08:32 PM.
    I'm having some trouble getting this to work. @Cwgtex; Installing the Verizon files would cause problems wouldn't it?

Anyhow after ipkg'ing the files extracted from an at&t doctor file, I added a ls2 file into the right path, with the contents as described - that seems to fix network problems.

The service itself is installed in /usr/lib/Telenav - and the cfg file points to cingular, so that looks like it's the At&t telenav service and all.

But when I run the app i get service initialization failed, followed by numerous exceptions because the telenav service was not properly initialized.

Do I need to watch permissions on webos? or does novacom do everything as root.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast