Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barbro66 View Post
    I'm having some trouble getting this to work. @Cwgtex; Installing the Verizon files would cause problems wouldn't it?

Anyhow after ipkg'ing the files extracted from an at&t doctor file, I added a ls2 file into the right path, with the contents as described - that seems to fix network problems.

The service itself is installed in /usr/lib/Telenav - and the cfg file points to cingular, so that looks like it's the At&t telenav service and all.

But when I run the app i get service initialization failed, followed by numerous exceptions because the telenav service was not properly initialized.

Do I need to watch permissions on webos? or does novacom do everything as root.
    I had to edit my last post, I was only talking about the AmazonMP3 app. The Verizon Doctor has the VZW Navigator. It installs fine, but on first launch prompts you to accept charges. I don't know how AT&T would handle that, so I declined it and it closed the app.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Thanks to arthurthornton for his help putting this together.

The dbus file for AT&T Nav is located at:

/usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.partner.telenav.service

The ls2 file for AT&T Nav is located at:

/usr/share/ls2/roles/prv/com.partner.telenav.json

Using Preware as an example:
    The dbus file for Preware is:
    Code:
    [D-BUS Service]
    Name=org.webosinternals.ipkgservice
    Exec=/var/usr/sbin/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice

and the ls2 file for Preware is:
    Code:
    {
    "role": {
    "exeName":"/var/usr/sbin/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice",
    "type": "regular",
    "allowedNames": ["org.webosinternals.ipkgservice"]
    },
    "permissions": [
    {
    "service":"org.webosinternals.ipkgservice",
    "inbound":["*"],
    "outbound":["*"]
    }
    ]
    }
    Based on that, creating the ls2 file for AT&T Nav isn't very difficult

Code:
    {
    "role": {
    "exeName":"/usr/lib/Telenav/TnService",
    "type": "dynamic",
    "allowedNames": ["com.partner.telenav"]
    },
    "permissions": [
    {
    "service":"com.partner.telenav",
    "inbound":["*"],
    "outbound":["*"]
    }
    ]
    }

Open the AT&T Nav IPK (inside 7-zip) and go into data.tar/usr/share. Create a new folder "ls2" then inside of that, create the folder "roles" and inside of that create the folder "prv"

Put "com.partner.telenav.json" inside "prv" and then exit out of 7zip
    Create a new IPK or save the modified ipk using a new name).
    ( if you're doing this from a command prompt in Linux, touch the file, then add the contents using an editor like vi)

Do a root install of the IPK

Reboot your phone.

That should do it.
    I give up. I understand the concepts here. Seems pretty simple. But I cannot for the life of me, save the changes into a new .ipk when closing 7-Zip. I've tried several different versions of 7-Zip, different computers and OSs, but to no avail. Somebody please help! I love the ATT Navigator and want it on my Pre 2. It's much better than NDrive
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Crazy question here ... since all these navigators are through telnav.... and discussions else where about bringing Sprint nav to other pres.....

Is the AT&T Navigator recieved telnav based updates since it was still active on the Veer/Pre 3? ... Is there a newer version with extra features (regardless of carrier brand) I could try porting to my Sprintified Pre 2 running webos 2.1.0?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble getting 7Zip to save the file after I put the updated JSON file in there. Any suggestions?
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12