Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    There is no cover on the U.S. models. But that picture looks like there is on the Rogers one. I just opened two today from HP and they have no covers, but they are the US models.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    hmm. maybe it is something that just pops out once you get the phone. to keep he port clean until the user gets the phone.
    If I remember correctly from when the Pre 2 was first coming out, there's a non-attached plug included in the box with the phone. So you can choose to insert it, or just leave it out all together.

-Skippy
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Great stuff skippy, as I don't want to leave my port open to get filled with dust and lint from my pockets.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    If I remember correctly from when the Pre 2 was first coming out, there's a non-attached plug included in the box with the phone. So you can choose to insert it, or just leave it out all together.

-Skippy
    I didn't get one when I ordered strait from HP... Kinda wish I had.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    I didn't get one when I ordered strait from HP... Kinda wish I had.
    Same here...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I'd prefer having the cover, it gives the phone that classy look, no open port makes it look slick... but I still hear you at times it gets frustrating getting the cover out to plug the cable in...
    If this new port cover doesnt have a hinge to keep it attached to the Pre, I give myself 1.2 seconds before I lose it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dotone View Post
    I'd prefer having the cover, it gives the phone that classy look, no open port makes it look slick... but I still hear you at times it gets frustrating getting the cover out to plug the cable in...
    +1, I prefer the clean look a cover provides, instead of an open wound smack dab in the side/middle of the phone.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I thought the cover was included in the box. It is dissapointing to hear that it is not. I certainly will not like the phone with the empty port, specially considering that I very rarely even use the USB port.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    If this new port cover doesnt have a hinge to keep it attached to the Pre, I give myself 1.2 seconds before I lose it.
    LOL
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

This is dumb. There's no reason not to have the cover on, whether with a hinge or otherwise. Having it on makes it inconvenient to charge the phone, making a user drift towards purchasing a touchstone; a device which should be included with the phone in the first place - more profit for palm.

P.S. I prefer a cover. I mean, come on, there's the touchstone charging method, arguably the coolest method of charging a device thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post

This is dumb. There's no reason not to have the cover on, whether with a hinge or otherwise. Having it on makes it inconvenient to charge the phone, making a user drift towards purchasing a touchstone; a device which should be included with the phone in the first place - more profit for palm.

P.S. I prefer a cover. I mean, come on, there's the touchstone charging method, arguably the coolest method of charging a device thus far.
    Howabout Palm just include the freaking touchstone with the phones in the first place?

Then it would be an attractive selling point for the phones.

I dont know about you, but you cant sell accessories for phones that people don't buy.
    I bought two of the phones and 4 touchstones. Would have been great if it came with a Touchstone but I'm very glad that I bought them and would easily recommend them to anyone else.

Concerning the USB port cover. I would prefer to have it to keep lint out of the port. I only remove it when I'm connecting it to a PC anyway.
    Last edited by ReaganElephant; 12/24/2010 at 02:13 PM.
    I use the port quite a bit for charging at work (no easy place to put a touchstone) but I'd still prefer the clean look and added protection for the USB port (even if it's just in my head). It's okay though. It does make it much easier to use the USB.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Howabout Palm just include the freaking touchstone with the phones in the first place?

Then it would be an attractive selling point for the phones.

I dont know about you, but you cant sell accessories for phones that people don't buy.
    Yeah I know. What's up with not including the touchstone. Are they trying to be like apple, charging a fee to enable 802.11n features on their wireless card?!

In fact, they should be waving the touchstone around and telling everyone how cool it is in their adverts but I've never seen it in any advert.
    the first usb cover wasn't bad, just slide out the keyboard and open the usb cover... not that hard...
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Neva Eva Forget 1984 View Post
    the first usb cover wasn't bad, just slide out the keyboard and open the usb cover... not that hard...
    It's not the functionality issue. It's the design flaw combined with the plastics quality, which leads to the covers snapping off, and cracking from the USB port on the screens.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Neva Eva Forget 1984 View Post
    +1
    I never understood why some make such a big deal about the USB cover. The key is to slide out the keyboard and then open the USB cover.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast