Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pause characters for a GSM model Pre are p (2 sec) and w (hard wait), for cdma t and p, see iDialPlan, section 'Confirmed know issues' , version 'older', second 'resolved' for a source also.
    Yes p and w (lower case) work sometimes on my Pre 2. Manual entries in the dialer do work, dialing out of contacts does work. I have not solved or be able to pinpoint when/whether p/w dialing works by entering a name in the dialer, and that entry has a p/w in the number listed. (I need that for my iDialPlan patch to work). However, that case sometimes works too.

When it does not work, I get the number including an uppercase p or w (while the source is LOWERCASE) and the extension as well displayed in the dialer. Mind you, these a patch results.....

Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    For you guys on webOS 2.x, in the Phone app, what characters, if any, show up if you tap+hold on either * (t for timed pause shows up on 1.4.5 ) or # (p for hard pause shows up on 1.4.5)?
    *=p #=w on my UK Pre 2
    Last edited by Dick99999; 12/25/2010 at 02:23 AM. Reason: 2 sec for p added, LOWER
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Pause characters for a GSM phone are p and w (hard wait), for cdma t and p, see iDialPlan, section 'Confirmed know issues' , version 'older', second 'resolved' for a source also.
    Yes p and w (lower case) work sometimes on my Pre 2. Manual entries in the dialer do work, dialing out of contacts does work. I have not solved or be able to pinpoint when/whether p/w dialing works by entering a name in the dialer, and that entry has a p/w in the number listed. (I need that for my iDialPlan patch to work). However, that case sometimes works too.

When it does not work, I get the number including an UPPERCASE P or W (while the source is lower case) and the extension as well displayed in the dialer. Mind you, these a patch results.....

*=p #=w on my UK Pre 2
    THANKS!!! This is what I was trying to determine yesterday. I added a W between the number and extension and once the call conected, I got a prompt 9pictured below) so I could trigger the extension myself. Not exactly seemless but really good feature.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Sorry I didn't get to this sooner... t works for my on my Pre 2 but I have converted it to Sprint so it is the CDMA variety and it worked seamlessly and connected right to the podcast voice mail. Attached of a screen shot of it in my contacts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Sorry I didn't get to this sooner... t works for my on my Pre 2 but I have converted it to Sprint so it is the CDMA variety and it worked seamlessly and connected right to the podcast voice mail. Attached of a screen shot of it in my contacts.
    That didn't work for my Pre 2 on AT&T. Weird. The W does, it just needs an extra tap to get the extension to go through.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Ah, just re read a few post and the p(lowercase) works too. The number will display with out the extension and no extra tap is required for the extension to dial.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

6.    #26  
    I can't get it to work from my contacts (Pre 2 with 2.0.1)

Dial pad works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by yuris View Post
    I can't get it to work from my contacts (Pre 2 with 2.0.1)

Dial pad works fine.
    did you try the solution above? Pause characters are apparently different for CDMA vs GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    THANKS!!! This is what I was trying to determine yesterday. I added a W between the number and extension and once the call conected, I got a prompt 9pictured below) so I could trigger the extension myself. Not exactly seemless but really good feature.
    w= wait for user input (useful when the time needed for a next step isn't consistent). Pause will give you a timed pause and then continue on its own. You should be able to mix them so you can adapt to different oice systems. For example, the first few inputs might be voice recognition where you might have to repeat your answer, but then you may have to enter a PIN from the keyboard. Vzw support sometimes works that way.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12