Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a palm prprpr $since$ $Okt$. $09$ $and$ $was$ $overall$ $satiesfied$ $with$ $the$ $device$.
    It's my first smartphone.

Today UPS delivered a brand new Palm prprpr$2$ $at$ $my$ $house$ $and$ $I$ $am$ $stunned$.

The device feels sturdy, snappy and is so quick. Quicker than the iphone of my girlfriend and it does multitasking.

More soon as I work my way into webOS 2.0.

Big up to HPalm and the developer relations team. Thanks for a real mobile christmas.

No way am I going to ANDROID.

This is a dream device.
    It's cool that you have that option, for some strange reason none of us here in the US can get our hands on one.
    Quote Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
    It's cool that you have that option, for some strange reason none of us here in the US can get our hands on one.
    seems to me pastorrich lives in the US and has one........? why don't you just order one of of HP's site if you want one?.......just sayin'

enjoy your phone, I like my Pre (-) so I imagine you'll like yours and willkommen to the community
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4.    #4  
    I am impressed now I need to transfer my photos and music to the new phone...and I have double space...

Apps just open without lag...almost instantly there.
    Quote Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
    Where and what are you looking for? Pre 2's are available at HP.com and have been since the morning of 11/18.

I bought one on 11/18 and have it, I just ordered my developer Pre 2 and it will arrive today via FedEx, and I have helped two other international Dev's get their devices and get them activated. There is no shortage of Pre 2's that I am aware of.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by Juize View Post
    I am impressed now I need to transfer my photos and music to the new phone...and I have double space...

Apps just open without lag...almost instantly there.
    Keep singing.... this phone is not getting the credit it deserves.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Agree with you 100%, I'm loving the Pre 2. My iPhone 4 is now a glorified iPod touch for now.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I also had a surprise delivery of a Pre2 from HP/Palm via UPS on the 20th December and was also suitably stunned.

I purchased my Pre on UK release day in October 09 and have been really happy with the device and especially WebOS.

Until I used the Pre2 I didn't appreciate how slow my the original Pre was. The Pre2 really shows how good WebOS is, and can be.

The Pre2 is a fantastic bit of kit and WebOS 2.0 is also a great leap forward (minor bugs with POP email aside).

Happy Christmas to the HP/Palm Developer Relations Team. The only problem is my wife realises that whatever she has bought me for Christmas won't be as welcome as my new Pre 2!!
    We have no ATT in my area, just Verizon and Sprint. I'm on Sprint. Need Pre 2!!!!!

Grrrrr.

Hopefully I'll have my answer soon, come on CES, let the wondering end!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I love my new Pre2. I do have a problem with the calendar. It seems that Palm has recently limited syncing ability with Google to one month back and two months forward. It does limit my ability to use the phone as an organizer. I plan to limp through until Companionlink sevlops USD sync, but if too long,it will cause me major problems.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by derekforknall View Post
    The only problem is my wife realises that whatever she has bought me for Christmas won't be as welcome as my new Pre 2!!
    My girlfriend said this today...but that won't be the case...her gifts are welcome
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    pastorrich1, right on...

I'm also a new webOS user, and a new pre 2 owner (first time for both), and I have to say it beats my iphone and my blackberry bold hands down.

I have all three sitting in front of me, so I'm not just making an educated guess, or go by hearsay.

having used all three I have to say functionality, multitasking wise it beats both hands down. aesthetics is going to be personal preference, but I love the pebble look and feel.

It's a great phone! and after having used it, it would be really hard to give up
    definitely a keeper for me...

mich@el
    Last edited by smorkin; 12/23/2010 at 10:55 AM.
    can't fix stupid...
    This is really nice to hear. Just think about what 2011 will bring from HP as they create an ecosystem 2nd to none.

I am guessing HP will intro 2.xx when they intro their new devices.....2011 will be AWESOME! My Sprint Pre overclocked and patched is just fine, while I await the new goodies!
    Quote Originally Posted by twebst View Post
    I love my new Pre2. I do have a problem with the calendar. It seems that Palm has recently limited syncing ability with Google to one month back and two months forward. It does limit my ability to use the phone as an organizer. I plan to limp through until Companionlink sevlops USD sync, but if too long,it will cause me major problems.
    There will be a patch for that soon
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  15.    #15  
    Once more:

Google maps is so quickly loading and knowing your whereabouts that it is frightening...

This device is flying.

Just remember - 10 years ago we hadn't had such things as a desktop. Technology is impressive.

I am stunned.

Googledocs out of the box...syncs with Quickoffice like a charm. Dropbox syncs with Quickoffice...it's all there...

thanks again - and merry x-mas to the guys at HPalm who made this from scratch through the last (three?) years.

I love me some webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by twebst View Post
    This is not a recent change that has come with 2.0 Pre2 or even 1.4.5. It's a limitation that has been put in place for quite a while, however these limitations that we have currently set are constantly being reviewed and considered for change.

Currently it's set the way it was because it appeased the majority of customers, we found that the majority of users (and you may feel differently) don't need to browse their calendar on their device three months in advance and don't need to see events that are two months old. Adding this limitation didn't affect the majority of users using the Calendar app and didn't notice the change, except for that performance increased, less data syncing to the device means the device is not parsing though as much of it.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Welcome to the community!
    Where and what are you looking for? Pre 2's are available at HP.com and have been since the morning of 11/18.

I bought one on 11/18 and have it, I just ordered my developer Pre 2 and it will arrive today via FedEx, and I have helped two other international Dev's get their devices and get them activated. There is no shortage of Pre 2's that I am aware of.
    Only on GSM (AT&T) right?

I'm a CDMA/Verizon guy... if I wasn't then the iPhone might have been my first smartphone rather than the Pre Plus.
    I know two people that have gotten the Pre2 on the Sprint network. I need more confirmation before I dive into that one. Trigger finger is ready to purchase Pre 2 once bugs are consistently worked out.
    I would wait on the FrankenPre2 on Sprint. I know you want it to get going, but to me, way too many caveats and expensive to be worth it (imo). I can almost GUARANTEE the Pre2 will show itself on Sprint early next year.

Just wait a few more weeks, at the very least, we'll get a hard date next month.

(I have nothing to back up what I'm saying, only compiling the rumors/blogs/forum posts I've read over the last few months.)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast