Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Only on GSM (AT&T) right?

I'm a CDMA/Verizon guy... if I wasn't then the iPhone might have been my first smartphone rather than the Pre Plus.
    Yes, GSM (AT&T and T-Mobile), but I am a Sprint guy and I wanted one so I bought it at retail price on launch day. I liked it so much that I decided to attempt the Sprint Pre 2 conversion. Fortunately for me, it went perfectly. So now I enjoy my Pre 2 all the time.

The point is, if you want it badly enough you will either switch carriers or take the risks and try something new... or just wait till it's cheap and easy.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This is not a recent change that has come with 2.0 Pre2 or even 1.4.5. It's a limitation that has been put in place for quite a while, however these limitations that we have currently set are constantly being reviewed and considered for change.

Currently it's set the way it was because it appeased the majority of customers, we found that the majority of users (and you may feel differently) don't need to browse their calendar on their device three months in advance and don't need to see events that are two months old. Adding this limitation didn't affect the majority of users using the Calendar app and didn't notice the change, except for that performance increased, less data syncing to the device means the device is not parsing though as much of it.
    HBZ,

This "option" should be user configurable. IMHO it makes the device unusable as organizer in combination with Google. I would sync 6 months in the future, and 1 month in the past. Other users have other needs. Also, it is not documented.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
    We have no ATT in my area, just Verizon and Sprint. I'm on Sprint. Need Pre 2!!!!!

Grrrrr.

Hopefully I'll have my answer soon, come on CES, let the wondering end!
    There is still hope that Verozon will have the Palm Pre 2 soon. good luck to us all!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    There doesn't seem to be a limit on calendar syncing-

Could someone else check this? I just threw an appointment on July 14, 2012 using my google calendar via my desktop- It came right up on the Pre2 calendar. Also, all of my reoccurring appts show up indefinitely- although the calendar started getting sluggish around 2018...
    Last edited by JimmyK; 12/23/2010 at 05:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    HBZ,

This "option" should be user configurable. IMHO it makes the device unusable as organizer in combination with Google. I would sync 6 months in the future, and 1 month in the past. Other users have other needs. Also, it is not documented.
    This probably deserves its own thread (and possibly there is one already) but it seems a little harsh to say it makes the device unusable as an organizer in combination with Google. But it would be nice to know if there are limitations. Perhaps Palm has made those limitations effectively transparent to us. I don't know as I pretty much never work that far in advance.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Also, keep in mind that HBZ is in support. There is an email address where you can send requests directly to Palm. I'm sure he likes to hear user input, but he doesn't have a Bat Phone to Ruby's office.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12