1.    #1  
    Hi folks

In a moment of (unexepected, unusual) clarity, I think I figured out what's behind "the coming months" line that HP and the VZN folks have been spinning (and the rumor mills have been pouring out).

The Pre plus became available at VZN Jan 26, 2010.
    CES is Jan 9.
    Bringing a new device before the 1 year "early upgrade" date/anniversary will probably just cause pain and frustration all aorund.

THEN the question is, if its after CES, will they only bring the Pre2, or is there a chance for a range of products being released at the same time?

Hope I have not missed this line of thought in the plethora of Pre2-conjecture-related threads...

russ
    It's come to my mind that Verizon could announce a Pre2, but unfortunately I think it's totally unlikely. The only reason Verizon would even want to do that is to steal customers from Sprint who would not want to wait longer for a new device. IMHO Verizon does not really care about Palm anyway.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

It's a thought, but not much more.
    I doubt the CES debut will all be the Pre2 but we can only guess until CES comes. CES is all about what you have new in line, not old news.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    I doubt the CES debut will all be the Pre2 but we can only guess until CES comes. CES is all about what you have new in line, not old news.
    +1

When I travel to Vegas in a couple of weeks and go see Palm, I will be REALLY disappointed if all they have to show is the Pre 2 or even an updated Pixi....

I am having faith at the moment there will be something more.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    The mod didn't say that they would be showing off the pre2 at CES but that maybe more then one webos device would be simultaneously launched, and not a pre2 first followed by another new form factor device much later.
    Personally I thought this is what should happen for Sprint. The Pre2 will be a good upgrade for those that want it, but it would be better if it was released with other form factors as well. Will see how much Verizon and Sprint will want to launch multiple webos devices. Hopefully HP has greased the wheels.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    +1

When I travel to Vegas in a couple of weeks and go see Palm, I will be REALLY disappointed if all they have to show is the Pre 2 or even an updated Pixi....

I am having faith at the moment there will be something more.
    Actually, they are expecting you to show youe Pre2 to THEM!
    i just may have to switch to verizon ! though i dont want to !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    im really hoping for a 4g sprint phone! thats what ive been holding out for 4g with webos.
    I think it is likely that the next webOS device on Sprint will be 4G.

I get the feeling Sprint is not overly excited by smartphones that don't make use of their new high speed investment.

If I were Sprint I'd want as many feature-rich phones as possible to take avantage of the high speed network while the other carriers play catch-up.
    +1 Great point Mr. Happy! Sprint has a HUGE investment in updating all of their major areas to 4G, so they are definitely going to be pushing manufacturers to utilize and support that infrastructure.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Nice to see that the phone has a 350 hour talk time...
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    I hope CES answers all our questions. Like DATES for Pre 2 and the details/dates of new WebOS phones coming out and on which networks.

I really, really, really want to at least have a plan/date. So CES, please come through for me.

don't hold your breath. I think vzw will announce their LATE rollout schedule and palm will be mentioned there, and that the Pre will ship this quarter... IMHO. :
    Ugh. Maybe I'll just plan on getting the unlocked version and going ATT (which is coming to my area in the end of February).
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    When you add a valid Zip you get an updated screen that shows this comment:

Sorry, this product is no longer available. Please click here to see a list of current products.
    I think VZW will have the Pre2 soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    I think it is likely that the next webOS device on Sprint will be 4G.

I get the feeling Sprint is not overly excited by smartphones that don't make use of their new high speed investment.

If I were Sprint I'd want as many feature-rich phones as possible to take avantage of the high speed network while the other carriers play catch-up.
    See I'd love a 4g webos device... Problem is, 4g coverage is way a ways from being available for everyone and yet you get charged either way. I live in Chesapeake VA a d the whole Hampton roads area would benefit greatly from 4g A's it's a hugely big area which inlcudes Chesapeake, Virginia beach and Norfolk. Yet I have 3G problems sometimes. As it is, 4g is being rolled out to big metro areas first and thus not appealing to enough people. I wish they would partner with big companies like walmart like rumered before. That would theoretically make 4g almost on par with 3G fairly quickly. Untill then they should just only charge people living in a 4g area, the 4g overage.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    See I'd love a 4g webos device... Problem is, 4g coverage is way a ways from being available for everyone and yet you get charged either way. I live in Chesapeake VA a d the whole Hampton roads area would benefit greatly from 4g A's it's a hugely big area which inlcudes Chesapeake, Virginia beach and Norfolk. Yet I have 3G problems sometimes. As it is, 4g is being rolled out to big metro areas first and thus not appealing to enough people. I wish they would partner with big companies like walmart like rumered before. That would theoretically make 4g almost on par with 3G fairly quickly. Untill then they should just only charge people living in a 4g area, the 4g overage.

Surcharge for 4G is a service capability. Just because someone lives where they can't use it doesn't mean that they won't travel. Otherwise the fix would be in and people would go to rural markets and buy these devices with PO boxes or friends addresses to avoid the fees.

My personal thought is that they ought to simply setup a billing method that looks at data use and has a cap over which the charge jumps up the extra $10 a month - but that's complicated to explain and doesn't address the benefits of increased speed that you may get even if you don't use a lot of data.