1.    #1  
    So I plugged my Pre 2 into my Mac to load some music up for a trip, and now the phone slows down and then restarts on its own after about a minute. I only copied about 8 GB to a folder I created called "music". It seems that this copy operation is now causing a failure as the music app tries to scan in the background. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Quote Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
    So I plugged my Pre 2 into my Mac to load some music up for a trip, and now the phone slows down and then restarts on its own after about a minute. I only copied about 8 GB to a folder I created called "music". It seems that this copy operation is now causing a failure as the music app tries to scan in the background. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I only copied 1GB over and have had no issues.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Why create a music folder when there is already one on the phone. Maybe the phone is getting confused on which folder to read for it's music. Try moving the music to the default folder and erasing the one you created.
    Shouldn't make a difference the name of the folders since you cannot have exact same names in the same directory. Better question is do any of the music have odd names, you know having symbols in them. Personally I never cared for the stock music app and have always used Music Remix and now FFplayer on the Pre2. Try those apps and see if the crashes stop.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 12/22/2010 at 11:03 AM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Check the file names..any names that have spaces in them will get changed to %20 this could be confusing the app causing the restart.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Check the file names..any names that have spaces in them will get changed to %20 this could be confusing the app causing the restart.
    Why does the pre so sensitive about mp3 file names?...its really annoying...is there any type of fix for this?
  7.    #7  
    These are all good suggestions... I have a lot of foreign music with non-standard characters, as well as filenames with spaces. I'm going to delete the music, see if the issue goes away, and go from there.

Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I only copied 1GB over and have had no issues.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    +1 Same here.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
  9.    #9  
    Ok, so I deleted all of the music off, and the phone is happy now. I will try copying over in smaller doses and see what happens.