1.    #1  
    So, my Pre2 has completed it's "round-the-world activation trip" and it's finally in my hands. The device is wonderful!

However, I am noticing a troubling phenomena: the battery life of the device is abysmal. It is very easy for me to compare as I am using it the exact same way as I used my Pre1, in the same places, with the same email settings, etc.

My usual routine is simple.
    Home (wifi) -> commute -> office (wifi) -> commute -> home.

My email is set to be deliver every 15m.

The Pre2 barely lasts half a day, while the Pre1 used to last the whole day.

To make this experiment more conclusive, I even swapped the Pre1 battery into the Pre2 (both batteries are rather new) - same results.

Oh, and I was overclocking the Pre1 to 1Ghz.

Any thoughts? do any Pre2 users feel the same? this is frustrating.
    Last edited by urig; 12/22/2010 at 02:23 AM.
    That's extremely odd and definitely not normal. I have no service where I work and use web/mp3 a lot, yet I have (since getting my Pre 2) been able to keep all my IM accounts logged in as well as have ALL my email accounts to "As Items Arrive" and I still have significantly better battery life on my 2 than I could ever even imagine on my minus...
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    You might check all your apps that sync data from online (like: twitter apps, facebook, newsroom, email, youview, etc...) and make sure they are set up either as manual sync, or atleast a couple of hours... so u pre 2 is'nt constantly syncing... cuz that will kill ur battery... on my pre 2 i have every thing set to sync manually, and over the last 6 hours my pre 2 is at 90% and i have been picking up up every so often. My pre minus would lose like 25% without me even touching it in that lenth of time.
    Install Preware
    Install End Overlord Monitoring
    Apply Muffle System Logging patch
    Reboot
    Enjoy
    I 've been a Pre2 owner for three days now and what makes me very happy is much better battery life of my Pre2. I did the following test yesterday:
    - start time 10am, battery: 100%
    - usage: 3G data enabled, mail application configured to deliver messages 'as item arrives', played quite a lot with the device during the day, brightness set to minimum, did a few calls (40 minutes in total), checked twitter account a couple of times, etc.
    - end time: 9pm

And at the end of the day I still had 20% of the battery ! This is amazing ! I must say that the battery life of my old Pre would be half the time of the battery life of Pre2.
    My Pre 2 battery life is better than my Sprint Pre. I have both on the same exact settings. 3G, WiFi, push email, screen brightness at 20%. At the end of my day my Pre 2 has about 45% and my Pre is around 20%.
    Jimmie Geddes
    You might have a faulty battery...
    Get a Touchstone for your office.
    I found the single biggest difference in battery life come from reducing the screen brightness to the lowest amount.

Not sure if it addresses your problem, but I figured some other people may benefit from that.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    how do these work or purpose they serv never heard of these

Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    Install Preware
    Install End Overlord Monitoring
    Apply Muffle System Logging patch
    Reboot
    Enjoy