12/21/2010, 03:07 AM
Agreed, the Pre 2 + webOS 2 is a big improvement over the Pre. It's fast, a responsive screen, Pop email is super fast, contact searches work for European names ('first letter first name + start last name') etc. etc.
But I sense a major development that I am worried about. The underlying 'proof' for that:
- Email messages are most times not displayed, it's a 'try displaying again' game. Most times there is a black square in stead of text. And yes I have redoctored my Pre just to see how a blank Pre acts.
- The bug of (not) displaying PDF files is still present
- Bookmarks cannot be reordered, the screen is simply empty
- Last night I could not fetch email, and decided to write this posting. A credential problem. Had to remove and re-setup the account. Validation proved that the credentials were OK.
- HP Palm did not include the features of patches like landscape email, 99 bookmarks, auto bcc, power-ends-call,and others
- Some (minor?) framework issues are not resolved such as make buttons spinning
These are all, I think, basic features. It seems to me that HP put priority to fancy features like stacks (agreed, handy). And that is one part of my worry, no priority for basic features.
The other part of my worry is that, now HP is not hindered by time consuming carrier/operator release procedures, HP could easily repair bugs and update the Pre 2 more frequently. They proved that with 2.0.1. Why not repair email, PDF and bookmarks? Or is it just my email and my bugs and wishes?