Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    gah, sorry for all the threads im making,

    So yeah my GPS seems totally buggered, and I have no idea why, gps is on, and no app (google maps accuweather) can get a fix on my location. Help :/
  2. #2  
    are you on verizon? If you provide details and history you will be more likey to get help.

    vzw?

    did it ever work? Did you install preware? Etc.
  3. antondat's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #3  
    choose app 'Location Services' => On all
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    are you on verizon? If you provide details and history you will be more likey to get help.

    vzw?

    did it ever work? Did you install preware? Etc.
    no its an unlocked pre 2 and im on O2, I just got the phone today

    I hadnt tried it till now, after I had installed preware :/ should I just doctor and see if it works?

    the error accuweather gives is "there was an unknown GPS network error. Please try again later"
  5. #5  
    Probably a dumb question, but have you tried shutting down the phone (perhaps remove the battery for a few secs after it is off) and then restarting?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by danwendell View Post
    Probably a dumb question, but have you tried shutting down the phone (perhaps remove the battery for a few secs after it is off) and then restarting?
    yes I did, after having ago with the tests in the device info app, I did have some success in getting a signal, and then proceeded to reinstalling the apps I was using and all seemed well, hopefully it was just a one off thing
  7. #7  
    My wife's totally stock Pre Plus has this problem. I have tried a hard reset - shut down power off - pull battery... wait... insert battery... boot... wait... wait... wait... wait... and no that did not help.

    It is under warranty I guess replacement is an option.
  8. musk's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #8  
    GPS isn't consistently working on my unlocked GSM Pre2 either. ATT in my case. Sometimes apps will fail to get a fix while other times location is found quickly. I just started noticing the issue so haven't yet linked it to anything specific.
  9. #9  
    I think I'm having this issue as well.. it's hard to tell because when connected to wifi it works perfectly (I'm assuming it has to do with Google Services).

    Most of the time I try it it never gets a lock and apps (Yelp and Google Maps) have no clue where I'm at. It's kind of annoying because most of the time I would be just fine if it estimated my location like my Centro (without GPS) used to do in Google Maps. I guess Google Services only works with wifi connections and not cell towers?

    The GPS was definitely working during one test I did with Google maps so it's very inconsistent.
  10. Badcard's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #10  
    I think I've posted about this issue, but can't remember wich section exactly.
    I initially had this problem but found that it could be completely cured by installing Sconixs homebrew patch advanced system menu.
    This patch allows many thing but most importantly here, you can turn GPS on or off. Apparently this is different than just enabling GPS services because the performances are hugely different with this set to on.
    Give it a try.
  11. #11  
    I have this patch installed and it doesn't seem to help with my GPS issues. I really wish it would just estimate where I was at like my Centro did .. that only took a few seconds!
  12. vanngoh's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #12  
    I had the similar prob. GPS only works in wifi but not 3g.

    Pre 2. Unlocked GMS EU set.
  13. Sim_1's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Badcard View Post
    I think I've posted about this issue, but can't remember wich section exactly.
    I initially had this problem but found that it could be completely cured by installing Sconixs homebrew patch advanced system menu.
    This patch allows many thing but most importantly here, you can turn GPS on or off. Apparently this is different than just enabling GPS services because the performances are hugely different with this set to on.
    Give it a try.
    Thanks SO MUCH!

    My GPS didn't want to work for whatever reason and thanks to your tip I solved the problem!
  14. vanngoh's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #14  
    The 'GPS Alive' app constantly ping ur gps but eats up battery life.
    Foursquare is dependant on gps setting. I must ON gps frm adv sys menu, on google map, lock in my location, then foursquare can locate me, I cannot let foursquare locate me w/o opening google 1st!

    Once google mape locates me in some beautiful island in the middle of Indonesia! How I wish I was there basking in the sun!

Posting Permissions