1.    #1  
    Has the media sync option been completly removed from the pre2? I have for so long not updated itunes to still be able to sync my music but the option is no longer there, or am i missing a way to re-enable it?
    Did you look in the device info app where it is located in webOS 1.4.5? I wouldn't be surprised if they removed it, but I haven't seen this mentioned by the lucky people with a Pre2. It will be interesting if you or another Pre2 user reports back to confirm that it is/isn't there.
    media sync option has been gone for a while hasn't it lol ! as long as your in usb mode you should be able to sync to your phone though.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    It's still in 1.4.5 but the default is off. You can still turn it on if you are running a suitably out of date version of quicktime and iTunes.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    media sync option has been gone for a while hasn't it lol ! as long as your in usb mode you should be able to sync to your phone though.
    its not in the device info as an option, and putting the pre in usb mode only brings it up as a usb drive no syncing option :/ I am a sad bunny, while theres so much I love about the pre 2, plenty of stuff I was accustomed to in my old pre that I am missing.
    it would be in the menu (upper left) while in the device info app.

In terms of syncing in USB mode, that won't work with iTunes because it only recognizes apple devices. What Shane is saying is that you can sync music that is in MP3 format using WMP, RealPlayer, etc.
    i use media monkey myself and it works great !! you can even get album cover with media monkey !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it would be in the menu (upper left) while in the device info app.

In terms of syncing in USB mode, that won't work with iTunes because it only recognizes apple devices. What Shane is saying is that you can sync music that is in MP3 format using WMP, RealPlayer, etc.
    yeah its not in the upper left menu.

Ah the downside of using a mac, no wmp, I can still use Doubletwist though right? Is that still considered the best Itunes alternative?
    double twist works but i had a hard time with that program , i found media monkey a litter more usable lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I just put my Pre into USB mode and copy/paste files into it, not a big deal.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I just put my Pre into USB mode and copy/paste files into it, not a big deal.
    True, but it was a tad convenient to be able to sync songs by itunes...maybe someone from webos internals could patch it to re-enable it? maybe
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I just replaced my Pre yesterday, downloaded the latest webos... no iTunes media synch in USB? Where's the old option switch?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaicho View Post
    I just replaced my Pre yesterday, downloaded the latest webos... no iTunes media synch in USB? Where's the old option switch?
    See above...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    double twist works but i had a hard time with that program , i found media monkey a litter more usable lol
    Isn't there an issue with Doubletwist and paths/case-sensitivity?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I never had the media sync option. Media sync is not a good thing in my opinion anyway. I dont want ALL my stuff on my phone. I very much prefer drag and dropping what I want. And thumbs up for media monkey.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I never had the media sync option. Media sync is not a good thing in my opinion anyway. I dont want ALL my stuff on my phone. I very much prefer drag and dropping what I want. And thumbs up for media monkey.
    well it was only there for those who used that method..the usb method was always available,

And you dont have all your stuff on the phone, you can select playlists and manually add songs too..or you could.
    I use Salling Media Sync. The free version is slower than the paid version but there are no annoying popups and you can sync straight from iTunes.
    The reason iTunes syncing doesn't work anymore was because the reason it worked in the first place was a little hackish... webOS fooled a computer running iTunes into thinking the Pre was an iPod Classic. Of course Apple didn't like it and removed the functionality.
    Hm though... perhaps a homemade kernel could reenable that ability? It's an interesting idea...
    Why doesn't PALM come out with an iTunes/wmp alternative? Then it could compete with the iPhone on that level...

In the mean time, I'm going to try the above alternatives. I hate using usb to sync because I want playlists. I have different tastes in music based on my mood and the season...
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    Why doesn't PALM come out with an iTunes/wmp alternative? Then it could compete with the iPhone on that level...

In the mean time, I'm going to try the above alternatives. I hate using usb to sync because I want playlists. I have different tastes in music based on my mood and the season...
    Palm perfected syncing with Palm Desktop. They need to revive it - Desktop is part of the cloud, as are nearby devices, and local caches.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Don't mean to resurrect old threads, but i recently got a replacement from sprint and here is the message i get from Palm or HP...
    "NOTE: The webOS platform no longer supports Media Sync mode for copying files. Use one of the options listed here to copy media files. Any files you copied using media sync are still available on your phone."
    I was one of those that did use the phone as the music player, so this does seem problematic for me, but i did notice that ipod thing when i did use media sync, so I can see why.