Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I guess we've mostly all seen the HP e-print commercials featuring a Pre (or is it the Pre 2). Have you seen the video on HP's site?

http://bit.ly/g9HqEg

The Pre 2 is all over the video, but what tablet are they showing?

(Sorry if this already has been addressed elsewhere.)

If the link doesn't come across, it's at bit<dot>ly with "g9HqEg" after the slash.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    On closer examination, I see it's an iPad in that video. Guess I was wishing it ws something else.
    Boy, I wish my Pre moved that fast!
    The Printers have an Android tablet built in (though future generations will use webOS).

The tablet you're speaking of, is unfortunately, the iPad. It is the most widely adopted slate (even by businesses; more so than the HP Slate 500), so they're using it to their marketing advantage.

And that's the Verizon Pre Plus in the beginning, and an unknown Pre Plus at the end (shows no visible carrier branding).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Obviously I wish it was a PalmPad in that video, but I have to say that the Pre looks pretty good. At least it's nice to know that HP is promoting the Pre, even if it's in a small way.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlehrer View Post
    I guess we've mostly all seen the HP e-print commercials featuring a Pre (or is it the Pre 2). Have you seen the video on HP's site?

http://bit.ly/g9HqEg

The Pre 2 is all over the video, but what tablet are they showing?

(Sorry if this already has been addressed elsewhere.)

If the link doesn't come across, it's at bit<dot>ly with "g9HqEg" after the slash.
    The link comes across just fine. The video just doesn't play.

Perhaps HP began to question the wisdom of advertising iPads instead of their currently shipping Slate.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    The link comes across just fine. The video just doesn't play.

Perhaps HP began to question the wisdom of advertising iPads instead of their currently shipping Slate.
    Either HP or you were/are experiencing issues then, as the video plays fine now. Try again.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Either HP or you were/are experiencing issues then, as the video plays fine now. Try again.
    Must be me. I'm on a fully updated Mac. I have tried it in Safari and FF. It just doesn't want to play for me. No big deal.
    Must be me. I'm on a fully updated Mac. I have tried it in Safari and FF. It just doesn't want to play for me. No big deal.
    It could be Apple trying to keep you from buying HP (joking, of course)

I honestly don't know what it could be, because I just tried it again and it works fine. Perhaps it is in a format the Mac cannot understand?
    Arthur Thornton

I figured out what the problem was. I have an adblock extenuation in all my browsers. They see this video as one big add, whack of course, it is.

I find the ad embarrassing for HP. They use an HP printer, an HP phone, an HP (Macbook KIRF) computer, and an Apple iPad. It is not as if they don't have plenty of Slates lying around. It is as if they just want it to go away. They could have at least used a generic Android tablet. At least they are studying the iPad at HP.
    It is not as if they don't have plenty of Slates lying around.
    I doubt they have any spare Slates lying around. My HP Slate 500 order was placed on November 1st, and they've delayed my shipping date 3 times. First it was Nov 16th, then it was Nov 23rd, then December 18th. Today is December 20th, and the Shipping date is still listed as approx Dec 18th, however if I tab over to the plant production status for my device, it shows they have not even began building it. it's a shame what they are doing with marketing for not only the Palm devices, but also the Slate.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I doubt they have any spare Slates lying around. My HP Slate 500 order was placed on November 1st, and they've delayed my shipping date 3 times. First it was Nov 16th, then it was Nov 23rd, then December 18th. Today is December 20th, and the Shipping date is still listed as approx Dec 18th, however if I tab over to the plant production status for my device,
    I suspect the initial 5,000 units was for HP. I'm sure they could find one for the purpose of promoting their technology. Heck! They could have photoshopped one in. They are trying as hard as they can to pretend they have never made a tablet before.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jedicide View Post
    Boy, I wish my Pre moved that fast!
    Oh boy, sending the print job was over in 5 seconds? Goodness, what's wrong with my pre plus? I'd only be searching for the 'New Email' button a the 5 second mark!
    recently bought an HP-c410a (one of the new e-printers) but i was wondering if there is an app for my pre minus to be able to send a picture or web page or whatever to my printer? i see that on the box it shows that it has an app for iOS but nothing for the pre. anyone know of any further information on this as i've looked everywhere.
    Hi bear9494,

Not totally sure, but for now don't you simply email the item to the Printer's unique address? I know an app would be good, and coming down the pipe I would imagine, but to print a picture, wouldn't you simply choose "share via email" to send the picture to your printer? Sorry... these printers are new and I'm only going by what I've read.
    Quote Originally Posted by bear9494 View Post
    recently bought an HP-c410a (one of the new e-printers) but i was wondering if there is an app for my pre minus to be able to send a picture or web page or whatever to my printer? i see that on the box it shows that it has an app for iOS but nothing for the pre. anyone know of any further information on this as i've looked everywhere.
    I have a D110. It is also a part of the ePrint line. I don't know of any app for iOS. Printing on iOS is natively handled through AirPrint. It is a wireless printing standard. I suspect Apple owns all the IP and simply partnered with HP initially. There is little chance of this coming to wOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hi bear9494,

Not totally sure, but for now don't you simply email the item to the Printer's unique address? I know an app would be good, and coming down the pipe I would imagine, but to print a picture, wouldn't you simply choose "share via email" to send the picture to your printer? Sorry... these printers are new and I'm only going by what I've read.
    This is exactly how it works once it is properly set up. I assumed he was referring to iOS's native printing capability. The email thing works, but is a little clunky, IMO.
    I have a D110. It is also a part of the ePrint line. I don't know of any app for iOS. Printing on iOS is natively handled through AirPrint. It is a wireless printing standard. I suspect Apple owns all the IP and simply partnered with HP initially. There is little chance of this coming to wOS.
    WebOS doesn't need "airprint" :-) the simplicity of just emailing your document or photo to the printer is all it takes.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Sorry for the confusion but i was talking about the AirPrint that the iOS uses. It would be nice to queue up print jobs or to be able to print a PDF or word doc straight from my phone without having to email it to some account and waiting for the printer to retrieve it. It would be nice for example to have a document that i have been working on during a flight and then click send to print queue on the phone. Once im at home it can instantly send to my printer as i walk in the door using wifi. I understand that sending it in email is acceptable but there are times where i might not be able to send a large document in email and having it go straight to the printer would be an option. Thanks for listening and all the help. In the meantime i will hope for something like the AirPrint for WebOS since HP and Palm merged, I would think that they would want to be able to direct print from their phones to make the device better for those business users.