Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I knew you guys would feel my pain...

My pre2 developer phone arrived at my doorstep yesterday afternoon...

But nobody was here to sign for it, so UPS kept it and left a little note.

Not wanting to wait for Monday, I called the 800 number and was told I could pick it up at 8 am this morning. I showed up around 10 and asked for my package.

It takes nearly half an hour for me to drive to the service center. Not the other side of the planet, but just sayin'...

A very rude young woman proceeded to tell me that I couldn't have it because I had called after 7 PM the night before.

I explained that it didn't really matter to me what time I called since the UPS employee on the phone said I could pick it up.

With an attitude that should NEVER be used on a customer, she told me that the person on the phone was WRONG and that I couldn't have my package because it was ALL the way over in the other building. She then said I'd have to come back on Monday to pick it up.

I explained that I would rather them just deliver it on Monday per the original plan. Guess what she said? She said I'd have to call the 800 number again and get them to call back to the frakking building in which I was currently standing to change that order back to a delivery.

Holy Horrible Service, Batman!

What can Brown do for me? I'll tell you what. If you have 4 employees visibly sitting around doing absolutely NOTHING on a Saturday morning on which I have driven half an hour to your service center, have one of those lazy *******s walk over to the other FREAKING building and find my damned package!!!! Oh, and don't be rude to me!

Grr! Grr! Grr! Boo, hiss, boo!
    Original science fiction, fantasy and comics for WebOS - Galactic Beacon: Volume 1
    Soo - did they get off their duffs and go get your package?
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    I'll wager that's a no.... too bad, but hey.....you're going to have a Pre 2 on Monday....I'm sure by this time next week, this will be nothing more than a faded, bad dream, and there's always Purolator!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I had almost as much trouble with them as you did. Mine was reguarding the SIM card and service I ordered. That overnight delivery took three days (blame the snow on the east coast). I decided that since it didn't arrive when I thought it should, I'd go to the warehouse too. When I got there, I found one very homely lady (about 45-50). She was very nice and listened to me rant for about 5 minutes, at which point she began crying. Now, let me assure you I was not rude or mad, but I was trying to show my frustration with the situation and the company. When she began crying, I apologized. She then informed me that she was not crying because of me or anything I had said. She then told me her Mother had passed away less than a week before and explained that she needed the money so she came back to work. I lost my Mom last year and knew what she was going through. I decided the SIM card was no big deal at all and I could wait another day for the delivery.

I left without ever giving her my tracking number.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    how is it
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    No, they never even offered that there was any hope of helping me.

The folks I talked to on the 800 number were very helpful and polite. The worst part is that I'm in Atlanta the home of the flippin' company.

Not only did I not make her cry, she couldn't have cared less if I had been hit by a bus and eaten by aardvarks.
    Original science fiction, fantasy and comics for WebOS - Galactic Beacon: Volume 1
    usually you can go to the distribution center where the truck came from and pick them up at the end of the driver's shift. The one in my area is about 20 minutes away.

You should also have them hold it at the distribution center on Monday so you can pick it up first thing in the morning...
    i would have asked for customer service phone number and sat right there and called cutomer service where they could hear me talking !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    bet they would have got off their butts quickly !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Man I don't miss dealing with running around trying to find my UPS packages. Had to do that at my old place. Just moved to a new apartment and they just drop it off at the main office if no one is home. Only had to drive to the other side of the complex to get my Airave the other day. Thought I was downgrading moving into a smaller place. Not having to deal with crap like you just talked about makes it all worth it.
    I hate UPS for this crap. Plus UPS always leaves my stuff at my front door. Or across the street where no one lives, or supposedly at my house when it's actually down the street. I've never had any problems with FedEx, and they never leave anything at my door if no one's there.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    usually you can go to the distribution center where the truck came from and pick them up at the end of the driver's shift. The one in my area is about 20 minutes away.

You should also have them hold it at the distribution center on Monday so you can pick it up first thing in the morning...
    This was the distribution center. My package was literally in the adjacent building.

I would have picked it up Monday morning, but by the time they open I'll be at work. I pass by the distr. ctr around 7 am and they don't open until 8. Anyone in Atlanta will tell you the difference in 7 and 8 am when going around HWY 285 is huge. I've always hated having to get up so early to beat traffic. I'll just let them deliver it at this point.
    you can not blame them for being in such a bad mood, she is probably an iphone user.
  14. FDP
    UPS has zero respect for its customers. I have no idea how they attained their dominance over the market, but it is a total shame. They routinely fail to deliver packages in one piece, and rarely on time. Their customer service seems to be staffed entirely by the weak of mind, and 9 out of 10 times they would rather lie to you then help you get your package.

Despite all of that, I'd still let them bring me a pre 2, if only I wasn't on Verizon...
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I would not have left without that package. Keep going up the chain until you find someone with a brain.
    I will vouch for the differance in 7 and 8 am for 285 traffic, even more so around spaggetti juntion. I assume it was at the Doraville distro.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atl10pnr View Post
    I will vouch for the differance in 7 and 8 am for 285 traffic, even more so around spaggetti juntion. I assume it was at the Doraville distro.
    Yep. I come from Lawrenceville down 85 transition to 285 and continue around to the Perimeter Mall area. W00T. If I leave between 6:30 and 7 it takes around 40 minutes. The trip home takes at least an hour and a quarter. Several times it has taken longer than two and half hours. Very tired of doing so. Good news is my company is about to have a re-org of the IT dept (everyone is laid off with the option of applying for the NEW jobs) so I won't be doing that drive any more! W00t?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    OK, several very polite calls from UPS. They say they'll get my package to me today and address the problematic employee...

If I'm going to complain when they screw up, I have to give them credit when they get it right. Once the package is in my hot little hands, I'll tweet my happiness.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Credit where credit is due. UPS came through today. The package is sitting at home waiting for me. I am easier to please than to upset, and they have now done both: in the right order!

Now I just have to count down the minutes (seconds? millisecond? nano-seconds?) until I can go and try out my new toy... I mean development tool.
    hello whats up guys ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast