Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 202
  1. #141  
    Pastor, my question is not regarding how to do it, but whether any progress had been made on issues such as the profile and the phone functions, more specifically texting. Other than the profile issue, how is the phone functionality? Have any bugs been worked out, and if so, what probs are remaining?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Pastor, my question is not regarding how to do it, but whether any progress had been made on issues such as the profile and the phone functions, more specifically texting. Other than the profile issue, how is the phone functionality? Have any bugs been worked out, and if so, what probs are remaining?
    I understand your question... however the issues you refer to are caused by not having the complete "how to do it" information available here. If you have the complete and accurate "how to do it" texting and phone functionality work fine.

    Even with the right "how to" there are a couple of very minor issues that are good to be corrected (not affecting function). That information is also available but can't be posted here.

    There is one lingering bug that has not been fixed and to date has not been an issue, but could be some time in the future.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  3. #143  
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask or if it's already answered elsewhere but will the software change to version 2.0.1 in the metadoctor work for my frankenpre'd Sprint Plus that I made myself last fall (changing a few things in the makefile to match a pre and use the wr carrier instead)? Can I run 2.0.1 using metadoctor and assume all the caveats mentionted and risk involved?
    Last edited by matteebee13; 02/11/2011 at 01:11 PM.
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask or if it's already answered elsewhere but will the software change to version 2.0.1 in the metadoctor work for my frankenpre'd Sprint Plus that I made myself last fall (changing a few things in the makefile to match a pre and use the wr carrier instead)? Can I run 2.0.1 using metadoctor and assume all the caveats mentionted and risk involved?
    Yep, it's the wrong thread.. and no it won't work. There is no code for your processor or firmware for your CDMA radio in the current 2.0.1 Dr.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  5. #145  
    Aside from legalities, am I to assume that the Sprint doctor from ftp: hp.com/doctors won't work on the Pre 2 because of hardware differences or would it work?
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Aside from legalities, am I to assume that the Sprint doctor from ftp: hp.com/doctors won't work on the Pre 2 because of hardware differences or would it work?
    Hmmm, that is not a valid address, but no there is currently not a Sprint Dr. available publicly or to any developer privately that will work with a Pre 2.

    Any Sprint Dr. you might find out there will only have the kernel code for the Pre minus processor. It won't work with the Pre 2.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Hmmm, that is not a valid address, but no there is currently not a Sprint Dr. available publicly or to any developer privately that will work with a Pre 2.

    Any Sprint Dr. you might find out there will only have the kernel code for the Pre minus processor. It won't work with the Pre 2.
    Oh sorry wasn't sure if I was allowed to give the whole address:
    ftp://ftp.usa.hp.com/doctors


    If that helps...
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I understand your question... however the issues you refer to are caused by not having the complete "how to do it" information available here. If you have the complete and accurate "how to do it" texting and phone functionality work fine.

    Even with the right "how to" there are a couple of very minor issues that are good to be corrected (not affecting function). That information is also available but can't be posted here.

    There is one lingering bug that has not been fixed and to date has not been an issue, but could be some time in the future.
    You're going to have to forgive me here, and don't think I'm trying to be offensive, because I'm not. As I said, I've been away from the testing scene for a bit.
    You say the problems are due to not having the complete "how to do it" information. Are you telling me that the instructions SirataXero laid out aren't complete? Also, when I attempt this, how am I to know what the minor issues are or what the bug is if you can't say anything? Is there a private forum where I engage those with a bit more information, or is this some group you and others are in that outsiders are kept out of?
    The pre and webOS are more of a hobby to me than a serious endeavor, and experimentation is something I enjoy. The Pre Plus on sprint was a quick read, and a lot of fun to do. I'd like to tackle the pre 2 as well, and it's especially interesting to me considering the 3 may not be offered on Sprint. Plus, from the OP, it looks like just a few people have attempted this. I don't want to go to far into this if it's been found that using a Pre 2 on Sprint as a day-to-day phone will not work in the long run, but if it is possible, and reliably functional, I'd like to give it a whirl.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  9. #149  
    got one question would the release of the verizon pre2 make any difference in the process of converting it into a sprint pre2?
  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    got one question would the release of the verizon pre2 make any difference in the process of converting it into a sprint pre2?
    Possibly, nobody knows for sure yet. Or if they do they haven't said so.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Are you telling me that the instructions SirataXero laid out aren't complete? Also, when I attempt this, how am I to know what the minor issues are or what the bug is if you can't say anything? Is there a private forum where I engage those with a bit more information, or is this some group you and others are in that outsiders are kept out of?
    Answer to question 1. Yes they are incomplete. We have said it several times in the latter part of this thread. We didn't know it at the time and only realized it after the fact when the process worked for some and not for others. Then I and CTLAdvance took some time to figure out what the difference was. I requested that the thread be removed completely to prevent confusion, at least until the information could be made public, but others felt differently about it and here it remains.

    Answer to questions 2 and 3. Yes there is a private forum where you can know what the issues are and it is open to anyone who applies and is accepted. Once you accept access to that forum, you won't be able to "say anything" either or you will lose access to that forum. If you are a developer like others with access, that is a heavy price to pay. Every time someone violates their agreement regardless what their motives are it makes it harder for legitimate developers to gain access to that information and it hurts the entire community and keeps us even further in the dark.

    I'm sorry I can't help you with this. It is unfortunate it happened this way. Had we known on 12/18 what we learned later, this thread would not have been here. It's not a conspiracy or secret society, we are just doing our best to honor our agreements. And we have posted several times to warn people to NOT attempt this because it WILL NOT WORK with only the information here.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  12. #152  
    pastorrich1, you are becoming a great precentral PRPRPR $rep$
  13. #153  
    Are you or webOS world going to accept people to send in their phones to pay for this service?
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmid7y View Post
    Are you or webOS world going to accept people to send in their phones to pay for this service?
    I won't be, I don't have the time, although when everything needed is publicly available, webOS world probably will if it is still a viable service to provide. But I can't speak for them.
  15. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #155  
    when swapping the radio boards is there any way to detach the gps and internet wires form the comms board on the pre 2? or do i have to swap the back too
  16. #156  
    Always swap the back too.

    -- Rod
  17. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #157  
    thanks
  18. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #158  
    Is anybody able to buy apps?


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  19. #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Answer to question 1. Yes they are incomplete. We have said it several times in the latter part of this thread. We didn't know it at the time and only realized it after the fact when the process worked for some and not for others. Then I and CTLAdvance took some time to figure out what the difference was. I requested that the thread be removed completely to prevent confusion, at least until the information could be made public, but others felt differently about it and here it remains.

    Answer to questions 2 and 3. Yes there is a private forum where you can know what the issues are and it is open to anyone who applies and is accepted. Once you accept access to that forum, you won't be able to "say anything" either or you will lose access to that forum. If you are a developer like others with access, that is a heavy price to pay. Every time someone violates their agreement regardless what their motives are it makes it harder for legitimate developers to gain access to that information and it hurts the entire community and keeps us even further in the dark.

    I'm sorry I can't help you with this. It is unfortunate it happened this way. Had we known on 12/18 what we learned later, this thread would not have been here. It's not a conspiracy or secret society, we are just doing our best to honor our agreements. And we have posted several times to warn people to NOT attempt this because it WILL NOT WORK with only the information here.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I think I'll be picking up the 2 anyways and doing some tinkering of my own. I'm sure some progress will be made on your end, so we'll see what happens.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    Is anybody able to buy apps?


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    When I first did mine, I could and did, but at some point, something changed (on the back end IMHO) and I couldn't any longer.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions