Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    My Make file was setup for Pre2 on sprint and my roadrunner.xml file had everything about my p100eww.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
  2.    #102  
    I had the same settings as CTL Advance. Makefile said Pre2, and roadrunner.xml said p100eww, my wallpaper does not stick after a restart nor do I see images on my interactive tests...
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I had the same settings as CTL Advance. Makefile said Pre2, and roadrunner.xml said p100eww, my wallpaper does not stick after a restart nor do I see images on my interactive tests...
    PM or email me.
    Quote Originally Posted by CTL Advance View Post
    Rich -

In the make file, did you always have your device set as the pre instead of the pre 2?

Anyone familiar with this, could this be a reason for success?

Edit: Aside from this you also install preware and enable testing feeds. Otherwise we are the same.
    My mistake CTL... I did use pre 2 in the makefile. I edited my post with an explanation.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Thanks, you had me confused as the stock make file wont work with the production 2.0 doctors if identified as pre.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    OK unfortunately the only solution to get this functioning correct may or may not exist as I cannot conform nor deny the solutions existence.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Okay, I have the time and hopefully the patience today to do this. I have three profiles already, but I am going to create a new one just for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    Okay, I have the time and hopefully the patience today to do this. I have three profiles already, but I am going to create a new one just for this.
    You might hold off on that Ashi. I would hate for you to do a bunch of work only to have a partially functioning phone.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Naw, I was looking forward to this while I was off on vacation. I have the time to spare, and I'm glad to offer another test case. I can always switch back to my Sprint Pre Plus, which I'm not touching for this experiment.

I'm using my new Pre2 with a cheap Sprint Pre Minus I got from ebay. I am following the OP instructions except will not be skipping activation or first use. The first meta doctor is already running.

I didn't mess around with any virtual machines. I am using my Ubuntu netbook.

edit: So far, the only error I've found in the instructions is that Makefile has a capital "m."
    Last edited by ashi; 12/29/2010 at 01:46 PM.
    I've probably taken apart more than half a dozen Pre's in my time, but I'm having problems getting the Pre 2 sliding mechanism to be smooth after reassembly.

Basically if you're looking at the back of the Pre 2 (face down) the right-side corner of the keyboard piece (the upper right-most tip) will get caught on the piece of metal that holds the sliding track in place. It opens and closes smoothly without the back piece on, but once you put the back on (that has the gps/antenna wires) it tends to push the corners of the keyboard plastic down which causes it to catch that piece of metal when sliding the Pre 2 close. This results in a snapping noise.

The cause is obvious, but it's not obvious how to solve it without breaking anything. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips that allow a perfect sliding action after reassembling. I'll try to add some pictures to clearly demonstrate what it is I'm talking about.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    @onlinespending: I've had a problem that sounds like that when the top of the keyboard wasn't quite in the slot. Try pushing down on the keyboard just above the T & Y keys, on that ridge just above them. See if you can get it to click into place.
    Anyone can still do this at their own risk. However unless you are a special enough developer, you will not be able to get past the issues at this time.

Upgrading from a Pre on WebOS 1.4.5 will result in the following:
    - Garbled SMS/MMS messages
    - Phone will tell you your call was dropped when you hang up
    - Several Other Things

The official solution and fixes for some if not all of these problems can't be posted here in a public forum. Also we are waiting for a few others to confirm what I have done.

Special thanks to Rich for helping with logistics, information etc...

The official Solution will be available to the public in coming months... Though I can't confirm nor deny this...

Personally, the pre 1 is so bad on 1.4.5 that it is worth having the Pre2 even if the phone aspect isnt functioning properly. EDIT: At the expense of any warranty.
    Also, I didnt swap the whole back, only the communications board. I couldnt see a reason to derail it, and everything including GPS is working fine for me.

Your results may change..
    Also, I didnt swap the whole back, only the communications board. I couldnt see a reason to derail it, and everything including GPS is working fine for me.

Your results may change..
    I didn't try just the comm board. It seemed easier to me to remove the volume rocker and not mess with the two little wires that attach to the comm board.

I just removed the six screws, disconnected the two comm board connections and removed the volume rocker to get the sound circuit portion out and swapped back bezels. It was much easier than the tear down guide made it look.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    OK unfortunately the only solution to get this functioning correct may or may not exist as I cannot conform nor deny the solutions existence.
    CTL Advance, please check your Private Messages.
    Would this conversion be more stable if 1.4.5 was used instead of 2.0.1?
  17.    #117  
    You can't put 1.4.5 on a Pre 2. Due to the codename imbalance (castle vs. roadrunner) and the fact that the processor in the Pre 2 is different, 1.4.5 doesn't support it.
    You can't put 1.4.5 on a Pre 2. Due to the codename imbalance (castle vs. roadrunner) and the fact that the processor in the Pre 2 is different, 1.4.5 doesn't support it.
    Ah, I see. So, if one were to go this route, they would have to use metadoctor for every webos update in the future? Assuming Pre 2 doesn't come to sprint.
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    Ah, I see. So, if one were to go this route, they would have to use metadoctor for every webos update in the future? Assuming Pre 2 doesn't come to sprint.
    Unfortunately, yes. : /. I think I included that in one of the caveats. I will include it if I didn't. That's one of the prices you have to pay to be exclusive. :P. One of the only, probably, single digit number of people in the world to have a Pre 2 running on Sprint. :P.

*Update*: I just checked. It's the first caveat.
    Unfortunately, yes. : /. I think I included that in one of the caveats. I will include it if I didn't. That's one of the prices you have to pay to be exclusive. :P. One of the only, probably, single digit number of people in the world to have a Pre 2 running on Sprint. :P.

*Update*: I just checked. It's the first caveat.
    that is of course excluding HP Palm employees. I expect they could probably have one on any carrier they want. But IDK that for sure.

Right now I know of four people.