Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    The poor guy was just trying to help. You didn't have to yell at him.

:P.
    LOL... type O.... I would never yell at Arthur. He knows that.... I think.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Mine charges fine.. What are the other things I should look for?
    Are you sure its charging? It may say charging (as the icon or the touchstone screen showing up) but check that the battery is filling up. If the percentage of the battery is filling up, then I guess you're fine. I can't remember another few annoyances that showed up, but if there's nothing significant then I guess you're good to go.
    Are you sure its charging? It may say charging (as the icon or the touchstone screen showing up) but check that the battery is filling up. If the percentage of the battery is filling up, then I guess you're fine. I can't remember another few annoyances that showed up, but if there's nothing significant then I guess you're good to go.
    I plugged it up just now. It has had a very slow drain rate though. It only dropped 22% in the last 24 hours. I have only sent two text, made one test call and looked through the launcher and device info at a couple of things. So it has been idle and unplugged from any charge source that whole time.
    The stock Dr. ran on it with no issues for me. Obviously you don't have a large number of others to verify it but it is what it is.

Did you do the Pre 2 swap and is yours working as it is supposed to (like myself and Sirataxero) or are you having texting and phone woes like some of the others?
    I haven't received the phone yet. It should be coming tomorrow. On Hp.com, it didn't show a tracking number for FedEx yet, but during check out I selected overnight and the ETA was 12/23.

And yes I was asking what doctor was used on the Sprint Pre Minus with the Pre 2 comm board. I wanted to make sure I would have an Unlocked GSM "Sprint" Pre Minus.

Also, I will be using a T-Mobile SIM to get to the initial profile, there isn't any data/server setting that needs to be entered, is there? It "should" pull data right when I turn it on?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoLeftHere View Post
    I'm about to get my Pre 2 as well and I have a question. Did anyone use the comm board from the Pre2 and make an unlocked Pre Minus yet? I was curious of what doctor to use. Or did no one want to do that yet since the Sprint Pre 2 isn't final?
    Yeah it is feasible. The pre 2 tokens would be needed. You could use the O2 germany 1.4.5 doctor. Follow the steps to doctor it and use pre as the device and wr as the carrier. I haven't written the tokens over yet but i did doctor it with that version. I have no sim card to test it anyhow.

Also, I will be using a T-Mobile SIM to get to the initial profile, there isn't any data/server setting that needs to be entered, is there? It "should" pull data right when I turn it on?
    Yes, that should work just fine. No special settings. Pop in the SIM, turn on the phone and you should have data. It will be the little E beside the signal bars. As soon as you can turn on wifi though, I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkuttin View Post
    Yeah it is feasible. The pre 2 tokens would be needed. You could use the O2 germany 1.4.5 doctor. Follow the steps to doctor it and use pre as the device and wr as the carrier. I haven't written the tokens over yet but i did doctor it with that version. I have no sim card to test it anyhow.
    I should have pulled the Pre 2 tokens prior to doing the process... I didn't and my unlocked GSM Pre minus works fine as far as I can tell.

And to answer an earlier question... yep, it charges fine too.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I should have pulled the Pre 2 tokens prior to doing the process... I didn't and my unlocked GSM Pre minus works fine as far as I can tell.

And to answer an earlier question... yep, it charges fine too.
    My mistake. Good to hear you have it working.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkuttin View Post
    My mistake. Good to hear you have it working.
    Actually the mistake was mine. I should have pulled the tokens. I just didn't think to do it. I have considered trying one of the other Dr's like wr but just haven't yet. I can play a bit since this is in no way my primary phone.

As it is there are some Sprint apps that won't work on a T-Mobile network that came with the stock Sprint Dr. But there are some I will lose that do work if I do.

Anyway, thanks for helping me look for and learn the things I need to know. This whole conversion has been a huge learning experience and confidence builder. So much so that I submitted my first webOS 2.0.x patch last night and more will be following in the coming days/weeks/months.
    holy cow!!! The first order came out with the wrong part number. I got the right part number fixed but now the delievery date is 1/18/11!!!
    holy cow!!! The first order came out with the wrong part number. I got the right part number fixed but now the delievery date is 1/18/11!!!
    I ordered two on the 21st and both arrived today on the 23rd. Why would you have a delivery date of 1/18/11?
    who knows... Maybe you got the last 2? If that's the case.... *******! LOL!

I emailed their cs back to get an update, I hope I will hear something tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    pastorrich1 seems to have all the luck My unlocked Pre is having trouble charging. I guess I should have changed some of the tokens too. The phone logged me out of my profile and said it needed to reboot. Now after swapping to a charged battery it just says "Phone Error, Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved. Visit palm.com/support for help."
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by crgunn View Post
    pastorrich1 seems to have all the luck My unlocked Pre is having trouble charging. I guess I should have changed some of the tokens too. The phone logged me out of my profile and said it needed to reboot. Now after swapping to a charged battery it just says "Phone Error, Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved. Visit palm.com/support for help."
    Hey crgunn,

That sucks. It really does look like pastorrich definitely has all the luck. Haha. I just made a meta-doctor with 2 tokens overwritten. I put DMMODEL (p100ueu) and DMCARRIER (WR). I just dropped my T-Mobile SIM into this new Sprint Pre Minus with a Meta-Doctor, and it worked perfectly.
    @ crgunn

I want to know how your Pre 2 is doing. Any SMS or phone issues like others reported?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    @ crgunn

I want to know how your Pre 2 is doing. Any SMS or phone issues like others reported?
    My Sprint Pre2 was having problems with SMS and dropped calls. It also didn't like to get a data connection after losing WiFi. I would have to put it in airplane mode and bring it back out to get a non WiFi data connection.

I finally gave up tonight and swapped the comm boards back to fix my Pre. That still had my main profile and I needed it to work. It seems to be working. I never changed any tokens on it.

I made a doctor to restore the Pre2 tokens, so I'm back to an Unlocked Pre2 and a Sprint Pre.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I'll be happy to try again sometime if we can figure out what was different. (I did create a new 2.0 profile from the Sprint Pre2)
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by crgunn View Post
    My Sprint Pre2 was having problems with SMS and dropped calls. It also didn't like to get a data connection after losing WiFi...
    Blah! I'm incredibly annoyed by this. I truly don't know why it's been working ONLY for me and pastorrich and no one else...

I guess I really should look into it more and find out what the problem is...

This is extremely troublesome for me. : /.
    Well for the sake of advancing the process and hopefully duplicating the results I and Sirataxero got, I will paste in what my makefile looked like as well as what my token file looked like. There must me something in the process there since we all used the same instructions.

The first thing is to create a new profile on your Palm Pre 2. Then follow the instructions in the first post making certain to extract your tokens from BOTH phones and email them to yourself BEFORE you begin so you may go back if necessary.

Here is what I used for my first makefile...

EDIT... I did use pre 2 in the makefile. I pulled up the makefile by mistake that I used on my unlocked Pre minus and put that in this post. Sorry for any confusion. But as I have stated many times. I just followed the instructions in post 1 except for bypassing carrier activation and first use.

########################################
    ## START OF AREA FOR END USER CHANGES ##
    ########################################

# Uncomment the features that you wish to enable below:
    # BYPASS_ACTIVATION = 1
    # BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE = 1
    ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS = 1
    # INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    # DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    # DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 1
    # DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE = 1
    # ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
    REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1
    REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
    # INCREASE_VAR_SPACE = 1
    # CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = z
    # ADD_EXT3FS_PARTITION = 2GB
    # ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS = 1

# Select "pre", "preplus", "pixi", "pixiplus" or "pre2".
    DEVICE = pre2

# Select "wr", "sprint", "verizonwireless", "bellmo", "telcel" or "att".
    CARRIER = wr

######################################
    ## END OF AREA FOR END USER CHANGES ##
    ######################################
    This is my token section in the roadrunner.xml file. All of the X's represent where my tokens were but not the specific number of characters in each. However, my order is different than those in the first post. Please match the order as well. It should be easy since that is the order they came out of the castle.xml file from Rod's show properties app. Just make sure you delete any that are in your exported file that don't match up with the ones on this list. If I screwed up somewhere, it apparently worked. So match it for the sake of testing.

<Val name="installer" value="trenchcoat"/>
    <Val name="BATToCH" action="overwrite" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>
    <Val name="BATToRSP" action="overwrite" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>
    <Val name="BToADDR" action="overwrite" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>
    <Val name="DMCARRIER" action="overwrite" value="Sprint"/>
    <Val name="DMCLoAUTHNAME" action="overwrite" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>
    <Val name="DMCLoAUTHPW" action="overwrite" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>
    <Val name="DMCLoNONCE" action="overwrite" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>
    <Val name="DMMODEL" action="overwrite" value="P100EWW"/>
    <Val name="DMSVRoAUTHPW" action="overwrite" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>
    <Val name="DMSVRoNONCE" action="overwrite" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>
    <Val name="ModemSN" action="overwrite" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>
    <Val name="PN" action="overwrite" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>
    <Val name="PRODoID" action="overwrite" value="P100EWW"/>
    <Val name="PalmSN" action="overwrite" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>
    <Val name="ProdSN" action="overwrite" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>
    <Val name="WIFIoADDR" action="overwrite" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>
    That's it...

Now somebody try to duplicate exactly what I did to see if it works for you.

I later created another Dr. to disable the update daemon, but not the first time.

Since I did this, I have discovered some minor issues that do not affect the operation of SMS MMS data and Phone services at all. If you are successfull, PM me and I can let you know what those are and how to take care of them.

Happy hacking... let's get this to be a repeatable and stable process for all who want to try it. Then we can get someone who is really smart to help us integrate some of the little things into the process and make it as seamless as possible.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 12/28/2010 at 03:35 PM.
    Rich -

In the make file, did you always have your device set as the pre instead of the pre 2?

Anyone familiar with this, could this be a reason for success?

Edit: Aside from this you also install preware and enable testing feeds. Otherwise we are the same.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by CTL Advance View Post
    Rich -

In the make file, did you always have your device set as the pre instead of the pre 2?

Anyone familiar with this, could this be a reason for success?

Edit: Aside from this you also install preware and enable testing feeds. Otherwise we are the same.
    If it gives better profile results (ie) access to certain apps in the catalog, I will re-do it.

Did you use the Pre minus model in the roadrunner file too or did you make that Pre 2 also?

check to see if your wallpaper changes stick on a restart or if the touch screen interactive tests have the images in them and tweet me.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast