Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    I strongly suspect you have an undocumented step somewhere.
    That's actually what I was thinking as well... I'll try to backtrack and see what I did... Maybe pastorrich accidentally did something that I forgot to include in the tutorial which was the right thing to do. :P.

Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    You might edit and put a tag at the top

-_ Rick
    I put a large warning on top stating this is experimental... I guess that's good enough for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Pastorrich, did you bypass it the first time to check of the tokens were overwritten correctly in the Device Info app?
    Nope... I trusted the instructions and myself in getting in properly. I figured if it didn't work I would go through the steps again.

But... it worked and had no issues activating and signing my profile in.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    That's actually what I was thinking as well... I'll try to backtrack and see what I did... Maybe pastorrich accidentally did something that I forgot to include in the tutorial which was the right thing to do. :P.
    I seriously doubt it. I actually tried to experiment with some things for my second Dr. that I used to disable the update daemon and no matter how much I tried to customize the process I could not get the process to continue until I abandoned the customization and went back to the instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    It should. As long as you can make the custom ls2 files for the AT&T Nav service, it should be a simple install to get it working (plus a reboot just to be sure).
    I don't want to hijack this thread. Sounds like creating a custom ls2 file might serve up a resolution for several nagging WebOS 2.x application issues, namely:

MHS - a custom ls2 file for ryanhope's freetetherd service might be the key that allows MHS to work on carriers who don't support tethering ...

Amazon Music Service
    AT&T Navigator
    The list goes on , but I'm not going to do it in here .....

Maybe we need a separate thread for Custom ls2 file creation ....

Thanks,
    Barry

BTW Yes I caught these and am as curious as a cat, but we all know what eventually happens to the curious cat ...
    "AT&T Pre Plus - webOS 2.5.6 (did you catch that? )"
    "Unlocked AT&T Pre 2 - webOS 2.0.1" Is this device AT&T Branded or is it an unlocked Pre 2 running on AT&T?
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 12/21/2010 at 02:32 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I'm about to get my Pre 2 as well and I have a question. Did anyone use the comm board from the Pre2 and make an unlocked Pre Minus yet? I was curious of what doctor to use. Or did no one want to do that yet since the Sprint Pre 2 isn't final?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoLeftHere View Post
    I'm about to get my Pre 2 as well and I have a question. Did anyone use the comm board from the Pre2 and make an unlocked Pre Minus yet? I was curious of what doctor to use. Or did no one want to do that yet since the Sprint Pre 2 isn't final?
    I did that with mine, but I didn't make a doctor for it. Since I don't have a SIM card to use with it, I just turned it on and put it in airplane mode then turned on WiFi. It works fine except that I copied my WiFi MAC to my Sprint Pre2, so I can only have one on at a time. I think I'll redo the meta-doctor my Sprint Pre2 to go back to its original WiFi MAC address.
  7.    #67  
    In all the excitement and exprimentation... I seem to have misplaced the original tokens of my unlocked Pre 2. .
    In all the excitement and exprimentation... I seem to have misplaced the original tokens of my unlocked Pre 2. .
    I didn't know to pull and save mine... it was my first Rodeo..
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I don't want to hijack this thread. Sounds like creating a custom ls2 file might serve up a resolution for several nagging WebOS 2.x application issues, namely:

MHS - a custom ls2 file for ryanhope's freetetherd service might be the key that allows MHS to work on carriers who don't support tethering ...

Amazon Music Service
    AT&T Navigator
    The list goes on , but I'm not going to do it in here .....

Maybe we need a separate thread for Custom ls2 file creation ....

Thanks,
    Barry

BTW Yes I caught these and am as curious as a cat, but we all know what eventually happens to the curious cat ...
    "Unlocked AT&T Pre 2 - webOS 2.0.1" Is this device AT&T Branded or is it an unlocked Pre 2 running on AT&T?
    I'd like to look more into custom ls2's as well. Can you make a new thread for this? Where can we/I get more info on this?

Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I didn't know to pull and save mine... it was my first Rodeo..
    Yeah... that was kinda my fault. Sorry. >.<. I THINK i've heard a rumor that its possible to obtain the original tokens... somehow... I have no clue where or how though. : /
    Not as far as I know.

-- Rod
    Yes, I just ran a stock Sprint Doctor since I didn't extract my Pre 2 tokens prior to the swap. I just can't have wifi on both phones at the same time now. But it works, phone, web and SMS/MMS with no issues on my T-Mobile SIM.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    was kinda my fault. Sorry. >.<. I THINK i've heard a rumor that its possible to obtain the original tokens... somehow... I have no clue where or how though. : /
    We could just swap Pre 2 comm boards so at least the wifi Mac won't be an issue. I still have the S/N for the Pre2 that can be added to that comm board.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    It is an unlocked Pre2 on AT&T (well, AT&T gophone).

Now I'm running webOS 12.34.56 on my AT&T Pre Plus. I'm something like 10 years ahead of the current generation of webOS, yet it runs fine on my Pre+
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    [QUOTE=pastorrich1;2804621]Yes, I just ran a stock Sprint Doctor since I didn't extract my Pre 2 tokens prior to the swap. I just can't have wifi on both phones at the same time now. But it works, phone, web and SMS/MMS with no issues on my T-Mobile SIM.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

wow, so just a hardware swap and stock sprint doctor?!? Thanks, as long as everything works, seem too good to be true.
    wow, so just a hardware swap and stock sprint doctor?!? Thanks, as long as everything works, seem too good to be true.
    The stock Dr. ran on it with no issues for me. Obviously you don't have a large number of others to verify it but it is what it is.

Did you do the Pre 2 swap and is yours working as it is supposed to (like myself and Sirataxero) or are you having texting and phone woes like some of the others?
    The stock Dr. ran on it with no issues for me. Obviously you don't have a large number of others to verify it but it is what it is.

Did you do the Pre 2 swap and is yours working as it is supposed to (like myself and Sirataxero) or are you having texting and phone woes like some of the others?
    You couldn't have run the Sprint doctor on your Pre2, did you? I think that's what the user is asking.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  17.    #77  
    You couldn't have run the Sprint doctor on your Pre2, did you? I think that's what the user is asking.
    I think the user was asking about running the Sprint Doctor on his Sprint Pre Minus with the unlocked GSM comms board from the Pre 2 inside.

The Doctor may load up properly but you'll most probably have errors charging, and a few more problems, that's what I got before. I suggest getting some tokens and at least doctoring it into an unlocked GSM Pre (Plus). That would probably make it work fine... I assume.

I'll eventually do it, but if someone wants to do it first, go ahead.
    No... he was asking about the Pre minus with the now removed Pre 2 comm board. So now I have an unlocked GSM Pre minus.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 12/22/2010 at 09:34 PM. Reason: didn't mean to caps the NO... sorry
  19.    #79  
    NO...
    The poor guy was just trying to help. You didn't have to yell at him.

:P.
    I think the user was asking about running the Sprint Doctor on his Sprint Pre Minus with the unlocked GSM comms board from the Pre 2 inside.

The Doctor may load up properly but you'll most probably have errors charging, and a few more problems, that's what I got before. I suggest getting some tokens and at least doctoring it into an unlocked GSM Pre (Plus). That would probably make it work fine... I assume.

I'll eventually do it, but if someone wants to do it first, go ahead.
    Mine charges fine.. What are the other things I should look for?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast