Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 202
  1. sirkuttin's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I am planning on re-doing my Dr. and adding the disable daemon. When I do I want to try and customize my install a little more and see if I can get some of the default Sprint apps on and operational.

    If anyone has some insight into that I would appreciate a post or PM on the subject.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I would think a way to do it is if you extracted the sprint tarball you could manually install the ipkgs that you wanted to.
  2.    #22  
    Sorry about the confusion folks. I've taken out the quote and uncommented the disable update daemon variable for the second doctor.

    I will also attempt to get the default Sprint apps back in. I don't know which of them will work and which won't, but hopefully changing the carrier to Sprint and dropping the sprint.tar into the unpacked doctor will work... I think...
  3. sirkuttin's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Sorry about the confusion folks. I've taken out the quote and uncommented the disable update daemon variable for the second doctor.

    I will also attempt to get the default Sprint apps back in. I don't know which of them will work and which won't, but hopefully changing the carrier to Sprint and dropping the sprint.tar into the unpacked doctor will work... I think...
    I tried dropping it in and using the custom carrier tarball variable in the makefile to no avail. I tried to manually add the ipks for sprint nav but sprint nav failed to work. Seems to be missing a service. No others were tried.

    I however, still haven't been able to text. I wonder what is going on. All tokens transferred correctly and I followed the instructions.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkuttin View Post
    I tried dropping it in and using the custom carrier tarball variable in the makefile to no avail. I tried to manually add the ipks for sprint nav but sprint nav failed to work. Seems to be missing a service. No others were tried.

    I however, still haven't been able to text. I wonder what is going on. All tokens transferred correctly and I followed the instructions.
    You need to do two things for Sprint Nav:

    1) Install the Sprint Nav service
    2) Make a custom ls2 service file for the Sprint Nav service based on the dbus files (you can use Preware's service as an example) as the service bus handler changed with 2.x (was dbus in 1.x, now Luna System 2 (ls2) in webOS 2.x)
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  5. crgunn's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #25  
    Thanks everybody. I updated my DevDay Pre2 to run on Sprint last night. I used a new profile to test it out and it seemed to work pretty well with a few exceptions. When I sent an SMS the message was garbled on the receiving end and my phone said there was an error sending it. The receiver got 3 garbled copies. I also got the dropped call message when hanging up. I can live with that, but I thought SirataXero said he was no longer having those issues.
  6. sirkuttin's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by crgunn View Post
    Thanks everybody. I updated my DevDay Pre2 to run on Sprint last night. I used a new profile to test it out and it seemed to work pretty well with a few exceptions. When I sent an SMS the message was garbled on the receiving end and my phone said there was an error sending it. The receiver got 3 garbled copies. I also got the dropped call message when hanging up. I can live with that, but I thought SirataXero said he was no longer having those issues.
    I am sorry you are having troubles. SirataXero isn't having problems anymore and neither are the others who have done this. You followed the direction here exactly? If so, that means you and I are in the same place. Did you reinstall the show properties app to make sure all tokens have been correctly over written?
  7. #27  
    So, if I am reading the instructions properly the Tokens section only has to be done once? Each time after that (if everything was done properly the first time) the Tokens are all still in place?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  8. #28  
    Yeah, I think people need to realise that this is not a tested stable procedure yet that has been replicated by a significant number of people.

    So every result is going to likely be unique until we get to that point in the future.

    -- Rod
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    So, if I am reading the instructions properly the Tokens section only has to be done once? Each time after that (if everything was done properly the first time) the Tokens are all still in place?
    Correct. Unless you overwrite them intentionally, DMSETS is the only token which the doctor changes automatically.

    -- Rod
  10. sirkuttin's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    So, if I am reading the instructions properly the Tokens section only has to be done once? Each time after that (if everything was done properly the first time) the Tokens are all still in place?
    Yes once you doctor it with the xml that overwrites the tokens and it successfully takes those tokens, they stay put.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Correct. Unless you overwrite them intentionally, DMSETS is the only token which the doctor changes automatically.

    -- Rod
    Thanks Rod, I am about to make my second attempt at the custom Dr. and this time will try and make a couple of changes to what I did last time. I am also curious if it will wipe my USB partition each time.. I will report back when I am done.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by crgunn View Post
    Thanks everybody. I updated my DevDay Pre2 to run on Sprint last night. I used a new profile to test it out and it seemed to work pretty well with a few exceptions. When I sent an SMS the message was garbled on the receiving end and my phone said there was an error sending it. The receiver got 3 garbled copies. I also got the dropped call message when hanging up. I can live with that, but I thought SirataXero said he was no longer having those issues.
    I got those exact same problems when I didn't copy over all the tokens properly. Please double check that all the correct tokens were transferred over (specifically DMMODEL) as well as when making the makefile you used a pre2/wr combination. Also make sure you were using the 2.0.1 doctor to begin with.
  13. #33  
    I wonder what Rovio Mobile would need to do to make Angry Birds show up like so many other apps do? It wouldn't auto download with a profile load but at least we could download it manually if we have already purchased it.
  14. #34  
    dont know if its a dumb question or not? but can someone create a working modified version of the webos doctor and just post it if they want this completed instead of everyone doing this procedure?
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    dont know if its a dumb question or not? but can someone create a working modified version of the webos doctor and just post it if they want this completed instead of everyone doing this procedure?
    Well, first off: Everyone has their own device specific tokens that they need to transfer over, so you can't have a universal Doctor. It would have to be built individually for each device/person.

    Second, and more importantly, distributing Palm code is illegal. Modifying and using for your own purpose is OK, as long as you don't publicly share it.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    You need to do two things for Sprint Nav:

    1) Install the Sprint Nav service
    2) Make a custom ls2 service file for the Sprint Nav service based on the dbus files (you can use Preware's service as an example) as the service bus handler changed with 2.x (was dbus in 1.x, now Luna System 2 (ls2) in webOS 2.x)

    Wonder if this method will work for AT&T Navigator from 1.4.5 install on a stock Pre 2?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I wonder what Rovio Mobile would need to do to make Angry Birds show up like so many other apps do? It wouldn't auto download with a profile load but at least we could download it manually if we have already purchased it.
    What OS Version do you have listed in your Palm Profile? If it says 9.9.9, then I suspect that is the root of the problem, and that is what we need to solve.

    -- Rod
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Wonder if this method will work for AT&T Navigator from 1.4.5 install on a stock Pre 2?
    It should. As long as you can make the custom ls2 files for the AT&T Nav service, it should be a simple install to get it working (plus a reboot just to be sure).
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  19. #39  
    so assuming once (if possiable) the procedure is at a point where its stable, will SirataXero or any other member be offering the service to peope for a fee. Or offering the option to purchase a Pre 2 that has already been converted over to the sprint network? If so please let me know, and again great job to everyone who has once again made the impossiable possiable.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What OS Version do you have listed in your Palm Profile? If it says 9.9.9, then I suspect that is the root of the problem, and that is what we need to solve.

    -- Rod
    Yes, the one on this device does show as 9.9.9 however I can see and download other apps. What is the difference between them and Angry Birds that allows them to be seen but Angry Birds not be seen?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions