Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 202
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    In the app catalog is anybody else's security code not saving after submit your credit card

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Yes, that is typical of the 9.9.9 profile.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  2. #182  
    We have now succeeded in beating the 9.9.9 issue. See http://bit.ly/sprint-pre2-success for details!

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3. #183  
    So there are a lot of threads on or relating to Pre 2 conversion to Sprint. Aside from not all previous profiles will work and no OTA. Is this project complete?

    If I take the plunge this weekend with my unlocked UMTS Pre 2 and swap the comms board with my Sprint Pre and follow the instructions of this post using the Meta Dr. Can I expect everything else will be working?

    If not let me know what specifically is still not worked out.

    Thanks.
  4. #184  
    hi folks, I thought I had the right thread, but I guess I didnt.. So I'm moving my question over here,
    ok, I have a new error here, trying to "2" my sprint pre-, planning on a comm board swap, have my tokens ready, but I keep running into issues with my meta-doctor process.. using CygWin. I was getting the error when trying to make unpack: please download the correct version and move to downloads/webos...
    so, I renamed the dr file to webosdoctorsprint-.jar and ran make unpack again, this time it gets farther, but end up getting error 11.. Specifically: caution: filename not matched: resources/sprint.tar, make: *** [build/pre2--sprint-/.unpacked] Error 11
    I've tried to follow the Wiki, but I keep getting the same problem. :/
    tp
  5. #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    hi folks, I thought I had the right thread, but I guess I didnt.. So I'm moving my question over here,
    ok, I have a new error here, trying to "2" my sprint pre-, planning on a comm board swap, have my tokens ready, but I keep running into issues with my meta-doctor process.. using CygWin. I was getting the error when trying to make unpack: please download the correct version and move to downloads/webos...
    so, I renamed the dr file to webosdoctorsprint-.jar and ran make unpack again, this time it gets farther, but end up getting error 11.. Specifically: caution: filename not matched: resources/sprint.tar, make: *** [build/pre2--sprint-/.unpacked] Error 11
    I've tried to follow the Wiki, but I keep getting the same problem. :/
    tp
    If you are following the wiki correctly, you would never actually be typing "make unpack".

    Start again from the top, and actually follow the wiki precisely this time

    BTW, this thread is obsolete. The wiki is at http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/WebOS_2_Upgrade

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 03/30/2011 at 12:43 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    So there are a lot of threads on or relating to Pre 2 conversion to Sprint. Aside from not all previous profiles will work and no OTA. Is this project complete?

    If I take the plunge this weekend with my unlocked UMTS Pre 2 and swap the comms board with my Sprint Pre and follow the instructions of this post using the Meta Dr. Can I expect everything else will be working?

    If not let me know what specifically is still not worked out.

    Thanks.
    If you are not able to discern what is and what isn't working from the wiki, then you have not yet read it carefully enough to be qualified to perform it.

    BTW, this thread is obsolete. The wiki is at http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/WebOS_2_Upgrade

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 03/30/2011 at 12:44 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you are following the wiki correctly, you would never actually be typing "make unpack".

    Start again from the top, and actually follow the wiki precisely this time

    BTW, this thread is obsolete. The wiki is at [url]

    -- Rod
    ok, thanks Rod, I didn't think I missed anything, but I will start again.. I will post again if I run into more issues, I'm by no means a pro with all of this hardware stuff, I'm more of a software side tech I guess, just been around since the pre was first released on sprint, so I wasn't playing around with any of the older palm devices, but I tell you, not many ppl would be able to do much without webOS internals, another huge thanks goes out to Rod and team!
    tp
  8. #188  
    is the bezel swapping only for the GSM model pre 2 or does it need to be swapped for the verizon Pre 2 also? I know the instructions in the OP are no longer valid and to follow the wiki. I just didn't see any other thread to post this question in. I know you only swap the bezel for GSM models in the pre plus conversion so I wondered if it was the same for the PRE 2.
  9.    #189  
    Hey bodyshop,

    I still lurk around this thread. Its OK to ask here. Technically the bezel swap is not required for the Verizon one, but I strongly recommend it. It'll make your swapping life a lot easier. Otherwise you have to deal with taking out tiny pins that are clipped on to wires and it gets a little cumbersome. If you really want to, and have a good pair of tweezers or forces, go ahead, but there really isn't much to lose from swapping out the whole back plate.
  10. #190  
    Always keep the backplate with the antennae with the comms board.

    -- Rod
  11. #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Always keep the backplate with the antennae with the comms board.

    -- Rod
    I didn't swap anything but the comms board when I did the pre+ conversion since both verizon & sprint are CDMA.

    Also the Wiki doesn't show how to disconnect the back plate. I believe there is something connected near the speaker. When I swapped the comm board the back plate was hanging on by some wires (i believe) right near the speaker.

    I just don't wanna pop or break anything trying to pull it apart. The wiki shows it connected & then it's not. There's no mention of disconnect wire or wires or unfasten connector or unsnap clip, so I/we can know how to disconnect it.

    Sorry but I just don't wanna snap anything. The wiki gives great detail and direction on every other disconnection, so I wanted to be sure.
  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    I didn't swap anything but the comms board when I did the pre+ conversion since both verizon & sprint are CDMA.

    Also the Wiki doesn't show how to disconnect the back plate. I believe there is something connected near the speaker. When I swapped the comm board the back plate was hanging on by some wires (i believe) right near the speaker.

    I just don't wanna pop or break anything trying to pull it apart. The wiki shows it connected & then it's not. There's no mention of disconnect wire or wires or unfasten connector or unsnap clip, so I/we can know how to disconnect it.

    Sorry but I just don't wanna snap anything. The wiki gives great detail and direction on every other disconnection, so I wanted to be sure.
    That's either the volume keys (which you should have removed and unhooked before attempting to remove the backplate), or it's the accoustic insulation around the vibrator and speaker (which is just rubber/foam, not wires).

    If it's neither of those two things (which are mentioned on the wiki), please take a photo.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #193  
    Not on the pre 2, I was talking about the Pre-. Being that you said to keep the back plate with the comms board. I thought you meant to keep what ever back plate came with whatever comms board you use.

    Also in the youtube video it says be careful & not to disconnect that wire. The other video says hi broke it by mistake & now can't get a signal. There's only 2 videos doing the pre+ swap. I know were talking bout the pre2 conversion but if I have to swap the back plate also, then it should be the same removal shouldn't it.
  14. #194  
    I'll say it again. In all comms boards swaps between any type of Pre-/Pre+/Pre2 device, I recommend you keep the backplate with the antennae attached to the comms board, and move both items as a single unit between the two devices.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'll say it again. In all comms boards swaps between any type of Pre-/Pre+/Pre2 device, I recommend you keep the backplate with the antennae attached to the comms board, and move both items as a single unit between the two devices.

    -- Rod
    I got you ROD, I understand but in reading my post I realize I left out one part. I was trying to say that I only swapped comms boards when I did my Sprint pre+ conversion. I left out the fact that I no longer have the verizon pre- which has the original sprint back plate, due to me only swapping comms boards. so I was wondering if I could do the conversion still without the Sprint backplate (will it even work) or should I get a sprint back plate. I am going to use a Verizon Pre2 (CDMA) if that helps.

    sorry for the confusion ROD. It's not that I don't wanna swap back plates, it's that I can't.
  16.    #196  
    You can use whichever backplate you still have on the device with the commsboard. The idea is to keep the comms board and the backplate together, no matter what device you came from, or are going to. Just keep the commsboard attached to the backplate.
  17. #197  
    ok I got it, I think. The idea is that we are moving the backplate & comms board together as one unit & not removing the comms board from the back plate & then the back plate separately as done in the Pre+ Sprint conversion, correct?
    Thanks SirataXero.
  18.    #198  
    Yup. The Pre + Sprint conversion that didn't mention it is pretty outdated (though the concept is still valid). The process has since been refined. This thread is also quite outdated, I thought I changed the title and/or asked the Mods to do it. Oh well.

    Yes, just move the entire backplate + comms board assembly as one unit. It just makes sense and simplifies quite a few headaches that way.

    Good Luck!
  19. #199  
    I know you cant post this in the thread but is there any way you can pm me a link to a working doctor file so all i have to do is flash that on to my new Plam Pre 2 I just bought its the unlocked version GSM i will be installing my pre- coms board in to this new pre as i understood it i need to activate my old pre before i do the swap is this correct?


    Thanks Royce


    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Yup. The Pre + Sprint conversion that didn't mention it is pretty outdated (though the concept is still valid). The process has since been refined. This thread is also quite outdated, I thought I changed the title and/or asked the Mods to do it. Oh well.

    Yes, just move the entire backplate + comms board assembly as one unit. It just makes sense and simplifies quite a few headaches that way.

    Good Luck!
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  20. #200  
    I was trying to put my Sprint Pre tokens onto a Sprint Franken Verizon Pre 2. I know it's not necessary according to the latest upgrade instructions, but it's something I wanted to try (carrier says verizon in device info, etc.).

    This is the main error message I had been getting after following the instructions on this thread:

    Jul 18, 2012 9:23:09 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: WARNING - carrier list returned is empty, unless not checking for carrier in the case of NDI

    Jul 18, 2012 9:23:09 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: token returned by get_token() is : Verizon

    Jul 18, 2012 9:23:09 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: WARNING - the device carrier token is :: verizon, should have been EMPTY

    Jul 18, 2012 9:23:17 PM com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream logWarning
    WARNING: Throwing Exception Cmd: file:///sbin/tellbootie
    java.io.IOException: No return code found in stream from file:///sbin/tellbootie
    Jul 18, 2012 9:23:17 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Reboot call complete

    Jul 18, 2012 9:23:17 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Carrier information. Prevent user from flashing"
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:296)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
    Jul 18, 2012 9:23:17 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1342664597294
    Jul 18, 2012 9:23:17 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Handling TOKEN Mismatch error
    Jul 18, 2012 9:23:17 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleTokenFailCase
    WARNING: flashing failed, move to Token failed card
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Carrier information. Prevent user from flashing"
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:296)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

    I was using a doctor for an unlocked pre 2, like in the instructions, and that's probably what was causing this. (My makefile and modifications were the same as the instructions from this thread as well.)
    Last edited by sprint.pre.user; 07/21/2012 at 07:09 AM.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions