28 21.37%
  • Not yet, but I will

32 24.43%
  • Never

10 7.63%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    <<deleted>>
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 08/11/2011 at 05:25 AM.
    GFN, do you have one?
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Everyone who went to dev day got one for free! And I am sure more than 25 people who were at dev day are also active users of p|c
    Just got a Pre2.

Still in the box since I am giving it to my wife for XMAS.
    Got one at Dev Day!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Got one on day 1!
    I have one from dev day, sitting here collecting dust.
    Don't want to hack it for my Sprint account and lose the warranty, and not going to activate it with any other service. Thought about using it as a wifi device, but bought an android tablet recently. Kind of useless.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    I purchased one on Day 1 and am hoping to hack it to Sprint. I'm about to purchase another one with my Dev coupon.
    Dev Day Device. Been hacking it ever since. Finally got it working for Sprint.

Can't even bother looking back. After using the Pre 2/2.0.1 for a DAY of straight use, I can't even imagine using a Pre Minus, with < 2.0... *shudder*
    There was about 400 people there at HP webOS Dev Day in NYC last month and I would state there are that many North American unlocked GSM Pre 2 in the wild. Currently, on Verizon Wireless with Pre+ and hope Verizon would have released Pre 2 so I can replaced my Pre+...yes, I can get an AT&T Sim card and in put in my unlocked GSM Pre 2, but currently do not want to have 2 cell phone plan and Verizon works much better where I am than AT&T. Using Pre 2 for webOS 2.x app developments...
    I ordered mine from HP and got it earlier this week. I got the dev coupon though the Palm Dev relations team.
    Any option for "No, but on the fence"?

I'm debating because that will mean I have to switch to the Bell HSPA network, and I kinda not want to for various reasons.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I see we 'need' an extra entry:
    Yes, from Dev Day
    What about "No, got one from Dev Day but promptly put it on eBay"?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Should be here monday, if not by today.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Got mine today. Just picked up an AT&T pre-paid SIM and trying to get it activated.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpostel View Post
    Got mine today. Just picked up an AT&T pre-paid SIM and trying to get it activated.
    Make sure you get Data turned on for the SIM BEFORE trying to activate the Pre2.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I would get one but it is not available in my country and I don't think it will My Pre is dying and I have to replace it fast,I'm looking forward to what HP will present at CES.
    I ordered one within hours of it going live on the HP site. I was, however, not aware of the activation and profile process (I assumed it was like Android) prior to getting it shipped to Afghanistan, so for now it is an expensive paperweight as all of the workarounds to get into the device do not allow me to get any apps (I really need Facebook as that is my lifeline back to the US), and only 2 of the 3 carriers who normally service this area of the province in which I live are working right now (Roshan and AWCC), but Internet is not working on either one, so I can't even activate to get free apps like Facebook. I'll be going out of town tomorrow (hopefully), and all four of the carriers that service Afghanistan work at both my stopover point (until 7 PM) and my destination, so I will take it with me to try to get it going. I really really want to get this thing going because I miss having a real keyboard, but if I can't, I'll just have to wait until the next time I visit the US.

Anyway, long answer to a short question I know, but that's where I'm at.
    Quote Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
    I ordered one within hours of it going live on the HP site. I was, however, not aware of the activation and profile process (I assumed it was like Android) prior to getting it shipped to Afghanistan, so for now it is an expensive paperweight as all of the workarounds to get into the device do not allow me to get any apps (I really need Facebook as that is my lifeline back to the US), and only 2 of the 3 carriers who normally service this area of the province in which I live are working right now (Roshan and AWCC), but Internet is not working on either one, so I can't even activate to get free apps like Facebook. I'll be going out of town tomorrow (hopefully), and all four of the carriers that service Afghanistan work at both my stopover point (until 7 PM) and my destination, so I will take it with me to try to get it going. I really really want to get this thing going because I miss having a real keyboard, but if I can't, I'll just have to wait until the next time I visit the US.

Anyway, long answer to a short question I know, but that's where I'm at.
    First, thank you for your service to your country

Second, I remember you asking about my patch (profile creation on activation-bypassed device) and it being 2.0.1 compatible -- http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...16#post2800116
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    First, thank you for your service to your country

Second, I remember you asking about my patch (profile creation on activation-bypassed device) and it being 2.0.1 compatible -- http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...16#post2800116
    I know I said it in the other thread, but thanks again! I'm going to give this a run this afternoon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast