Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    So, I got my Pre 2 from Developer Days. Since I was a AT&T user already, I decided to move my profile from my Pre Plus to the Pre 2. I also used Save/Restore to back up all my data and move it to my computer. Got the Pre 2 up and running and used Save/Restore to restore things.

    For the most part, this went swimmingly well. But I'm having 2 issues that I believe might stem from one issue, however, I'm not positive of that.

    Music Player Remix doesn't list any music at all. Amigo Complains the com.palm.mediadb is not running. And Agenda doesn't show any entries, just searches unendingly.

    Is there some service or services that aren't running that need to be that I don't know about?

    Any help would be appreciated.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by rawbearnyc View Post
    So, I got my Pre 2 from Developer Days. Since I was a AT&T user already, I decided to move my profile from my Pre Plus to the Pre 2. I also used Save/Restore to back up all my data and move it to my computer. Got the Pre 2 up and running and used Save/Restore to restore things.

    For the most part, this went swimmingly well. But I'm having 2 issues that I believe might stem from one issue, however, I'm not positive of that.

    Music Player Remix doesn't list any music at all. Amigo Complains the com.palm.mediadb is not running. And Agenda doesn't show any entries, just searches unendingly.

    Is there some service or services that aren't running that need to be that I don't know about?

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Music Player Remix (and other music players) is not compatible with 2.0 yet. They will have to wait for Palm to release the software before their apps can be live.

    If you want to stay current on when that happens you can follow @Hedami on Twitter or watch the Music Player Remix thread Here.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  3. #3  
    You can give my music app (FFplayer) a try. It does not use the com.palm.mediadb, so you shouldn't have that kind of problem with my app
    Developer of: FFplayer - a file/folder based music player. FFplayer home
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Music Player Remix (and other music players) is not compatible with 2.0 yet. They will have to wait for Palm to release the software before their apps can be live.
    The public beta of Music Player (Remix) is not compatible; however my private beta is compatible. I know you know this, but I figured I'd share this with others who may misinterpret this to mean that my app is not yet compatible. The app has been tested on webOS 2.0 and is 100% compatible.

    The webOS 2.x compatible version will be released in the official app catalog once webOS 2.0 is released to current devices.

    This really shouldn't be news to the OP since if you run the public beta on a webOS 2.0 device (i.e. the Pre 2), you get a popup displaying this same information that I just shared.

    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    If you want to stay current on when that happens you can follow @Hedami on Twitter or watch the Music Player Remix thread Here.
    Most definitely! To keep up with the latest news on the app, follow me on Twitter or in the beta thread linked above. By doing so, you'll know when new releases of the public beta is made available and when the app catalog version will be released.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  5. #5  
    Thanks Dan! I just didn't want to send a flood of folks your way if you didn't want that. So I just stuck to the facts.

    The app is/was/and will be awesome.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Thanks Dan! I just didn't want to send a flood of folks your way if you didn't want that. So I just stuck to the facts.

    The app is/was/and will be awesome.
    I appreciate that. I know that's why you worded it that way. As I mentioned in the beta forum thread (and on Twitter), I have very specific criteria for people who will be invited to the private beta. So there's no need to ask me about it unless you meet that criteria.

    But hopefully it won't be too much longer before I can release the app in the catalog.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    This really shouldn't be news to the OP since if you run the public beta on a webOS 2.0 device (i.e. the Pre 2), you get a popup displaying this same information that I just shared.
    Actually, I got no such pop-up. but thanks for the information. I love your app, and wish I could use it. Tho, the speedier-ness (my boss hates when I make up words) of the stock music app makes it less of a pain.

Posting Permissions