Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Just got a Palm Pre 2 here in the UK, and have a few questions/issues!!

1. The SMS message threading seems screwed, it often puts messages from my bank into conversations with other folk, is there a way to fix this?

2. Is there a way to power off with one button press? currently I hold power button, then choose Power, then choose shut down/swap battery, then choose shut down! 4 presses to power the device off!!!

3. How do I add attendees to a calendar request?

4. How do I install Palm Mobile hotspot? On Vodafone here in the UK.

5. To unlock the screen I need to drag the padlock then enter the pin that my Exchange server sets, can I get rid of the padlock drag at all?

6. Help doesn't seem to load, ie in calendar I choose help from the top left drop down menu, and all I get is a message "Failed to load the requested page"

Thanks!

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by kitenski View Post
    Just got a Palm Pre 2 here in the UK, and have a few questions/issues!!

1. The SMS message threading seems screwed, it often puts messages from my bank into conversations with other folk, is there a way to fix this?
    That is odd. I haven't seen anything like this on my Pre 2. Is it possible that the short code from your bank is the same as the end parts one of your contacts phone numbers?

2. Is there a way to power off with one button press? currently I hold power button, then choose Power, then choose shut down/swap battery, then choose shut down! 4 presses to power the device off!!!
    You can reduce that by one tap if you go to Device Info, Reset Options, Shutdown. There is a patch for earlier versions of the OS that you can hold the power button and tap Shutdown one time. Hopefully it will make its way to 2.0.x soon.

3. How do I add attendees to a calendar request?
    Not possible right now If I understand what I have read.

4. How do I install Palm Mobile hotspot? On Vodafone here in the UK.
    MHS is a carrier specific app. although, there are some folks working on this over HERE

5. To unlock the screen I need to drag the padlock then enter the pin that my Exchange server sets, can I get rid of the padlock drag at all?
    Nope

6. Help doesn't seem to load, ie in calendar I choose help from the top left drop down menu, and all I get is a message "Failed to load the requested page"

Thanks!

Greg
    This could be a server side issue or it could be a result of something you have installed blocking access to that.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    That is odd. I haven't seen anything like this on my Pre 2. Is it possible that the short code from your bank is the same as the end parts one of your contacts phone numbers?
    I had the same issue in the beginning of Pre 2 usage. Just have to do some cleanings in my contacts - edit some of them, re-resync account with my server and everything works fine right now.
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Some info:

1. seems to be a bug with numberst that are not stored in your contacts. They just get sorted in the first conversation you have.
    2. need to wait for patch
    3. not possible as I know
    4. I have it available in the App Catalogue, but T-Mobile Germany. Not sure how this location based catalogue works.
    5. There was a patch for 1.4.5 not sure when it will get ported.
    6. Help is broken and was confirmed as a bug by palm support stuff. Will be fixed in one of the next versions.

Guess this is regular early adopters pain. :-)
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Some info:

1. seems to be a bug with numberst that are not stored in your contacts. They just get sorted in the first conversation you have.
    cheers, so will adding them into contacts fix the issue? Can't find a way to add them as a contact from the text message though!!!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Yes, if you then have the number in your contacts, the next messages will get their own conversation.

To add the contact... Hmm... tricky one.
    Normally you hit the name or number on top of the conversation. But since it is merged with your first message, this will be one other contact already.
    Only ways I can think of getting the contact
    - enter manually in contacts, e.g. getting the number with another phone
    - delete all other sms and have this one hit the empty phone

But guess waiting for the patch is easier. The messages I get is bank, credit card, etc. so nothing I want to keep. I just delete them.