1.    #1  
    ...as a Bad ESN Pre Plus. I was randomly searching for more Pre Plus units for Bell conversion and I came across this.

Palm Pre Plus (Verizon) Working with Bad ESN - eBay (item 170578889441 end time Dec-19-10 14:49:53 PST)

Pictures of the unit shows that it is clearly a Pre 2.

I kinda want to bid on it, but I'm thinking it'll be a brick because there's no proper Doctor for it in the public with the right firmware unless I do some serious Meta-Doctoring.

And on a second thought, I'm guessing this is a lost prototype...
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 12/16/2010 at 07:23 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    They are saying Pre Plus but clearly it is the same updated body style as the Pre 2. Did they release some Pre Pluses with the newer body?
    The user added to the listing:

"Sorry folks. This is PALM PRE 2. The model number is p102eww."

Looks like it is
    ask the seller to provide the serial and ESN numbers.

vzw can tell you if it is in their system...

I bet it's not verizon...
    You can see Verizon Wireless in the pics.
    ebay is full of stupid people. Ebay is the last place for breaking news.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    ebay is full of stupid people. Ebay is the last place for breaking news.
    Are you referring to me?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

8.    #8  
    The auction got pulled...

I'm guessing someone reported it.

no not all toni. I'm saying the people selling it.

People on ebay screw with words hoping someone buys it, gets it, and forgets to either return it, or complain about it. Well mostly from china and small items.

So hopefully it is. Maybe it could be a sales rep manager or something that had to test the phone for a few weeks so they could do training on the phone to other employees. ?
  10.    #10  
    Well for one thing the auction is now pulled. Also in the item description, the guy clearly stated he only has a phone and a battery, no charger no nothing.

I'm willing to guess it is a lost or stolen unit a Palm employee was carrying. I actually posted this thread to the Palm Developer forums.

Maybe this is a Palm Pre 2 lost in a bar by an HP employee in a bar?
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    Maybe this is a Palm Pre 2 lost in a bar by an HP employee in a bar?
    You're probably right, I just wish that it was a next gen device that got lost in a bar instead.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    interesting
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    A guy on a flight I was on last week had one. He was using it as a hotspot for his iPad, and it clearly said "Verizon" on the mirror behind the slider. He said he got it from his rep, and had no idea that it actually had not been released yet.

Wish I had grabbed a pic, but my Pre minus had a dead battery. Too much Angry Birds waiting for my delayed flight.