1.    #1  
    Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. I'm in Singapore. I got a friend to bring back for me a Palm Pre 2 from USA. Unfortunately, he did not activate nor created a Palm Profile for me while he was there.

Referring to the Pre 2 support page:
    Palm Support : Palm Pre 2 Unlocked (UK) - Using App Catalog in specific regions

Apparently App Catalog is tied to the Palm Profile, meaning if you have access to US catalog, then the same profile will load the US catalog if you login to it on another Pre in another country.

Thus, i really need help from someone is USA to help create a profile for me. This will involve the following:
    - secure reset the Pre
    - create the new profile when prompted to login
    - secure reset again
    - sign back in using your own palm profile.

If you have plans to do a reset of your phone for some reason, appreciate your help to add this extra step for me.

If you can help me, please send me a private message. Truely appreciate all the help i can get on this.
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $the$ $App$ $Catalog$ $is$ $tied$ $to$ $the$ $phone$/$service$ $provider$ ($on$ $first$ $activation$) $not$ $the$ $profile$.
    From your link:
    Code:
     The country is based on the location of the wireless service provider
    You need to send the phone to US and get it activated there.

EDIT: there are alot of threads regarding this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandaq View Post
    Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. I'm in Singapore. I got a friend to bring back for me a Palm Pre 2 from USA. Unfortunately, he did not activate nor created a Palm Profile for me while he was there.

Referring to the Pre 2 support page:
    Palm Support : Palm Pre 2 Unlocked (UK) - Using App Catalog in specific regions

Apparently App Catalog is tied to the Palm Profile, meaning if you have access to US catalog, then the same profile will load the US catalog if you login to it on another Pre in another country.

Thus, i really need help from someone is USA to help create a profile for me. This will involve the following:
    - secure reset the Pre
    - create the new profile when prompted to login
    - secure reset again
    - sign back in using your own palm profile.

If you have plans to do a reset of your phone for some reason, appreciate your help to add this extra step for me.

If you can help me, please send me a private message. Truely appreciate all the help i can get on this.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ilability.html

Read that and find someone you are willing to trust, and be willing to pay shipping both ways.

As long as you haven't put in a SIM card and tried to activate the device you should be fine.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  4. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Are you a crowned prince? Do I get $3.5 million transferred to my bank account as well?
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    hahaha

My Themes:CLICK HERE