1.    #1  
    Hi Guys.

I just recieved my Pre2 a week ago, and it's been a charm to work on.

However, last night I was charging the phone with the wall outlet, and when I looked at the phone 40 minutes later it was actually lower on the battery than when I plugged it in.

So I tried to shut it off, however, the menu never popped up, as such I pulled the battery (old habits die hard).

When trying to boot the Pre2 now after letting it charge for quite some time it does never pass the "PALM" logo screen, ever...

Here is what I have tried :

- Pressing gray + sym + r (the backlight dims, that's about it)
    - Holding the powerbutton while flicking the soundon\off-button three times (it just shuts off).
    - Starting it in USB-mode and accessing novacom (I can access, but if I try to boot it just hangs in the PALM screen again.
    - Using two different versions of PC-doctor to reflash via the USB-mode, however after 8% it boots into the PALMscreen (out of USBmode) and it complains about missing a OMAP3630-driver, then PCdoctor says "Phone disconnected".

I'm a bit at a loss here, anyone with any good hints or ideas? If not I'm surely contacting support asap to get this replaced as I hated going back to my HTC Touch Pro 2.... for now..
    try recovery mode.

Remove battery

With the phone powered off and not connected, start the doctor and continue until it says to connect the phone

while holding down the up=volume key, plug it in to your PC
    once hte question mark appears, insert the battery.

after a few minutes (maybe sooner) the doctor will give you the "next" button and then it should run normally.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    try recovery mode.

Remove battery

With the phone powered off and not connected, start the doctor and continue until it says to connect the phone

while holding down the up=volume key, plug it in to your PC
    once hte question mark appears, insert the battery.

after a few minutes (maybe sooner) the doctor will give you the "next" button and then it should run normally.
    Already tried

- Using two different versions of PC-doctor to reflash via the USB-mode, however after 8% it boots into the PALMscreen (out of USBmode) and it complains about missing a OMAP3630-driver, then PCdoctor says "Phone disconnected".

It just stays on this PALM-screen forever.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Oh when it was charging and draining, it did say Phone Offline, right?
    Not that I could notice no, the phone seemed ok up until the point where I pulled the battery.
  5.    #5  
    Your modem has an unknown state causing the battery to drain and webOS Doctor to fail.
    You need to find an alternate way to charge your battery, run a Meta-Doctor with activation bypassed, or you'll risk getting the ROM error.
    Once you're in, you need to reinstall the modem firmware.

Or you can just return it under warranty.
    Well, the charging doesn't seem to be a problem, from Novacom in USB-mode I can see the battery is at 74% atm, it just annoys the hell out of me that I cannot boot the phone with serial attached to see where it actually fails..
  6.    #6  
    Hi NAM, thanks for the link.

However, this step confuses me :

First put the device into recovery mode, <- No problem here, but then..

then memboot the device using the installer uImage (extracted from your webOS Doctor jar):

novacom boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-castle.uImage

Am I supposed to copy a file somwhere (into the folder with the novaterm.jar I guess?) but.. I cannot find this file in any of the downloads :

webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr.jar and webOSDoctor.jar respectivly
    Or you can just return it under warranty.
    Here's my advice. Ignore every single thing that has been posted in this thread except for the quote above, and what I'm about to say.

You device is under warranty. There is no reason for the phone to exhibit that behavior while charging. Just because you 'may' be able to fix it, doesn't always mean you should. If this fails, and you get into a place where you can't do anything else to fix it, but the warranty guys will be able to tell you messed around and possibly voided your warranty.

If your phone was a year old and started doing this, I say go for it. Do everything you can to fix it because you're not getting a replacement except through something like TEP, which you probably don't have since it's only available off-carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.