Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Do you have freeTether installed with IP forwarding enabled? That's how it use to work on 1.4xx. Alternatively, have you tried the free hot spot app recently released by webOSInternals?
    No, i'm using the mobile hotspot program which was in the paid apps catalog, but it was free. I will definitely try out free tether. Thanks guys for the info.
    Well, I had full app catalog (both paid and free apps) for a while, but it now shows 'No apps'. I'm guessing (hoping) that this is an issue with HP and not with a new limitation on the Bell network...
    Quote Originally Posted by hboisvert View Post
    Well, I had full app catalog (both paid and free apps) for a while, but it now shows 'No apps'. I'm guessing (hoping) that this is an issue with HP and not with a new limitation on the Bell network...
    Could you try something please? Check if the Preferences and Accounts option in the App Catalog main screen menu appears.

Thanks!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Could you try something please? Check if the Preferences and Accounts option in the App Catalog main screen menu appears.

Thanks!

Didn't get this post until this morning. The app catalog is back now. I'll try that next time.
    I'm still very tempted to switch to a Pre 2, if my Pre Plus developed a weird problem lately. Sometimes it'll just randomly shut down, just this morning I almost missed work because alarm didn't go off.

But I still love my inaccurate data meter on CDMA...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I'm still very tempted to switch to a Pre 2, if my Pre Plus developed a weird problem lately. Sometimes it'll just randomly shut down, just this morning I almost missed work because alarm didn't go off.

But I still love my inaccurate data meter on CDMA...
    Is the inaccurate data meter only for CDMA? I thought I had read on HowardForums that it depends on the APN you use.

I recently switched from my Bell Pre to an unlocked Pre 2 cause my Pre was virtually unusable with 2.0/2.1. I can't use the Bell Mobility Self Serve app on my Pre 2 (just says service isn't available on my plan) but I'll keep track of the have a look to see if the data matches Netstat.

But in the end it doesn't matter too much, I'm on a grandfathered corporate unlimited data plan.

Edit: Well it looks like pda.bell.ca definitely does meter correctly, I've got 550MB of usage in 2 days (mostly restoring my Palm Profile, and 150MB of Slacker Radio).
    Last edited by jmason; 04/09/2011 at 11:29 AM.
    just activated my pre2 on bell. Everything is working, including the app catalog, and the mms problem that everyone else is experiencing. Unfortunately my gps isn't working, anyone else experiencing this?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmason View Post
    Is the inaccurate data meter only for CDMA? I thought I had read on HowardForums that it depends on the APN you use.

I recently switched from my Bell Pre to an unlocked Pre 2 cause my Pre was virtually unusable with 2.0/2.1. I can't use the Bell Mobility Self Serve app on my Pre 2 (just says service isn't available on my plan) but I'll keep track of the have a look to see if the data matches Netstat.

But in the end it doesn't matter too much, I'm on a grandfathered corporate unlimited data plan.

Edit: Well it looks like pda.bell.ca definitely does meter correctly, I've got 550MB of usage in 2 days (mostly restoring my Palm Profile, and 150MB of Slacker Radio).

I had the same issue with the Bell Self Service App but for some reason, it's working now. I wonder if they tweaked something.
  9. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Hi Folks,

My original Bell Pre- has finally bit it. Long story short - I slid down a plastic slide with my kid today and a static electricity zap seems to have messed up the touchscreen - the edges work but not the middle.

I can't wait for a Pre3, but rather than getting a replacement Pre- I was thinking of getting a Pre2 in the mean time.

Given I have an existing profile that I want to keep using, would would you guys suggest? Get a Rogers Pre2 and activate on Bell, or get an unlocked Pre2. The both seem to be the same price. What's easier and (more importantly) what gives me full access to paid apps etc.

Thank!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    Hi Folks,

My original Bell Pre- has finally bit it. Long story short - I slid down a plastic slide with my kid today and a static electricity zap seems to have messed up the touchscreen - the edges work but not the middle.

I can't wait for a Pre3, but rather than getting a replacement Pre- I was thinking of getting a Pre2 in the mean time.

Given I have an existing profile that I want to keep using, would would you guys suggest? Get a Rogers Pre2 and activate on Bell, or get an unlocked Pre2. The both seem to be the same price. What's easier and (more importantly) what gives me full access to paid apps etc.

Thank!
    I do believe that both will give you full access to the app catalog. I am using a rogers pre2 which I unlocked, and it works fine. If you can get your hands on an unlocked one from hp then do it, you will save the time and money needed to unlock it. If you can't then it isn't hard to unlock it, and using nextgen servers it should cost about $16 CAD
    Apply for a developer discount and if you get a free Pre 2, use a package forwarding service like www.gamesforcanada.com

It's what I did

W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Quote Originally Posted by msilverton View Post
    I use Free Tether. You need to change the APN to inet.bell.ca for it to work as that is where Bell lets tethering happen. I used to have Mobile Hotspot working on my original Pre but moved to Free Tether with my new phone.
    Is it diffiult to edit te APN? Is there a "How to" anywhere on the forum?
    I will need to do this and am afraid I will be in over my head. When I buy a Pre3 it will be my first smart phone.
    Thanks
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
  13. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    I do believe that both will give you full access to the app catalog. I am using a rogers pre2 which I unlocked, and it works fine. If you can get your hands on an unlocked one from hp then do it, you will save the time and money needed to unlock it. If you can't then it isn't hard to unlock it, and using nextgen servers it should cost about $16 CAD
    Very tempting! But then I realized that a replacement Pre- will cost me $150 vs a Pre2 at around $450. Sigh. I think I'm just going to get replacement and wait for a Pre3.

I thought my original Pre- was going to last until the Pre3's hit the street...
    Has anyone tried to activate an unlocked Pre 2 on Bell with access to the american App Catalog using Impostah?

Activate new GSM Pre 2 with Impostah to get Global Paid App Catalog Access | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

Just wondering if it's possible since T3ck said that if the country isn't Canada when activating the phone, you are locking yourself out of Bell.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhelan View Post
    I have a Rogers Pre 2 which I unlocked ... now that my Rogers Pre 2 is unlocked and on the Bell network should I be using the Webos Doctor for Pre 2 unlocked device found on the webos-internals wiki site or use the one that my Pre 2 serial number suggest from the Palm Webos Doctor site.
    Was this ever answered?

I understand that the Rogers Pre 2 has 2.0.1. If we wanted to upgrade to 2.1, which 2.1 metadoctor do we use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Was this ever answered?

I understand that the Rogers Pre 2 has 2.0.1. If we wanted to upgrade to 2.1, which 2.1 metadoctor do we use?
    You don't need to.

webOS 2.1.0 getting pushed to Rogers Palm Pre 2 users? | MobileSyrup.com

Use OTA.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Was this ever answered?

Personally, i unlocked my pre2 then used the regular rogers pre2 doctor (webOS 2.1) and everything is fine. You should get a small OTA update tho, from WebOS 2.1 to WebOS 2.1.
    Personally, i unlocked my pre2 then used the regular rogers pre2 doctor (webOS 2.1) and everything is fine. You should get a small OTA update tho, from WebOS 2.1 to WebOS 2.1.
    Once unlocked, will a Rogers Pre 2 continue to receive OTA updates?
    Once unlocked, will a Rogers Pre 2 continue to receive OTA updates?
    yes it should
    yes it should
    Interesting. Even if it is activated on Bell? If so, then what determines whether a device gets updates? Is the device's serial number forever linked to Rogers, and therefore gets Rogers updates for life?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast