Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Actually not too sure if they fixed it yet...

Mine shows a grand total of 12MB used in 4 days. That doesn't sound right at all. Netstat says I blew my plan last month...

I guess it depends on which APN you're on.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I'm on pda.bell.ca, what APN you used?
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I have a Rogers Pre 2 which I unlocked via JIC. I purchased a Bell sim card and activated it and everything good to go except I have no paid apps showing in the app catalog. Palm has tried a few things to make this happen for me but with no luck but they tell me they are working on a solution. On the up side you can install Preware and download any apps that you have paid for and they download and work fine. One more question I have, now that my Rogers Pre 2 is unlocked and on the Bell network should I be using the Webos Doctor for Pre 2 unlocked device found on the webos-internals wiki site or use the one that my Pre 2 serial number suggest from the Palm Webos Doctor site.
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    I'm on pda.bell.ca, what APN you used?
    Couldn't find it, but I do recall it's that one.

One thing though, my NAI does clearly say I'm on 1x, if that makes a difference.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    On mines it shows 3G or something like that, next to the bars.
    I'm still waiting on the replacement phone from HP, I sent back the old one because the bad screen and dead pixels.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Have my Rogers PRE 2 unlocked and working on the Bell network. A few issues, paid apps not there as stated above. Some config issues to clear up.

Thanks to all the wisdom here.

Mike
    Thanks GFN. I did chat with PALM support today and they have a ticket open and will get back to me in the next 24 hours. I'll pass the information on here.

Tell ya, gotta love this new phone. Fast, great screen, QuickOffice and all the pre-existing WebOS features.

Mike
    Last edited by msilverton; 02/02/2011 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by msilverton View Post
    Thanks GFN. I did chat with PALM support today and they have a ticket open and will get back to me in the next 24 hours. I'll pass the information on here.

Tell ya, gotta love this new phone. Fast, great screen, QuickOffice and all the pre-existing WebOS features.

Mike
    For the record, I have had a ticket open with Palm for over a month. They never called me back (they had given me that same 24-48hrs timeframe). I haven't bothered to call back yet. I'll wait to see if webOS2.1 fixes the issues...
    Have had three calls with PALM Support over the last few days. Worked my way to Level 3 Technical Support regarding my unlocked PALM Pre 2 ( on the Bell Network)

I have access to the FREE APP Catalogue, but not the PAID APP Catalogue.

They said that the PAID APPS for the PRE 2 are not yet available in Canada. They are just available in the U.S.

Does this fit with everyone else?

Mike
    Last edited by msilverton; 02/07/2011 at 11:15 PM.
    I also have an unlocked Rogers Pre 2 on the Bell network, and I *do* have paid apps... And see them in the catalog. The only thing that's not working for me (and I'm at level 3 support too, got a ticket for it, and they're actually working on it) is MMS messaging... Entering the correct MMS APN data won't work.
    Vermithrax, how did you get paid apps for your Pre 2? Did you activate it on the Rogers network first or went straight to Bell with an old Palm profile or create a new one?
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Please keep us posted on the MMS issue.

Thanks, Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    I also have an unlocked Rogers Pre 2 on the Bell network, and I *do* have paid apps... And see them in the catalog. The only thing that's not working for me (and I'm at level 3 support too, got a ticket for it, and they're actually working on it) is MMS messaging... Entering the correct MMS APN data won't work.
    Did you get paid apps 'out of the box' or did you eventually get it working with Palm Support?
    I would also like to be updated on this issue, I have no paid apps and I also have a Rogers Pre2 unlocked and activated on Telus.

For the MMS issue (and also the data APN), did you guys have a problem with manually entering in the APN and getting an "invalid apn" error and also not being able to save the MMS settings?
    Just got my developer pre2 set up. Many thanks to T3CK for the detailed steps.

I ran into some problems and want to document them in-case someone else experiences them:
    1) After selecting the country, my phone hung at "Select Language" - a reboot fixed the problem
    2) After entering my connection settings, a "SIM services" card was opened which I could not back out of. I had to do a battery pull to get past this screen and continue onward
    3) I also do not have any paid apps... however I heeded everyone's warning here and backed up all my apps before activating the new phone.

I built an c# application to recompile all my backed up apps that I had to manually back up. I don't want to free redistribute this since it could... technically... be used to create illegal packages.

If you want to use this tool, send me a PM and I'll try to set you up.

4) Some of my paid apps were installed automatically: bad kitty, forums, and some games. The other ones I installed via webosQI after backing up (as described in #3). This is includes angry birds and other "non-webOS 2.0" apps. I haven't loaded them yet, but I'll update this post if it DOESN'T work.

Cheers!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    For those of you who gave up on looking at the app catalog for paid apps, I now have access to the paid apps catalog! I don't know since when exactly, but I just checked and it works now!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hi Guys...sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I too have a bell account hooked up on an unlocked pre 2 from rogers. I was wondering if anyone is having any luck with the mobile hotspot from the app catalog? I have it downloaded and it connects with devices, but doesn't allow the device to connect to the internet.

Any ideas?

thanks
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimensionz View Post
    Hi Guys...sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I too have a bell account hooked up on an unlocked pre 2 from rogers. I was wondering if anyone is having any luck with the mobile hotspot from the app catalog? I have it downloaded and it connects with devices, but doesn't allow the device to connect to the internet.

Any ideas?

thanks
    Do you have freeTether installed with IP forwarding enabled? That's how it use to work on 1.4xx. Alternatively, have you tried the free hot spot app recently released by webOSInternals?
    I use Free Tether. You need to change the APN to inet.bell.ca for it to work as that is where Bell lets tethering happen. I used to have Mobile Hotspot working on my original Pre but moved to Free Tether with my new phone.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msilverton View Post
    I use Free Tether. You need to change the APN to inet.bell.ca for it to work as that is where Bell lets tethering happen. I used to have Mobile Hotspot working on my original Pre but moved to Free Tether with my new phone.
    I use pda2 with free tether and it works just fine.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast