Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Glad yours is OK. My screen is simply terrible.
    It is simply insane how a phone like mines could pass the Palm QA tests.

The funny thing is: HP will say, "send it back to us, we will replace it..."
    What about the freaking time I have to wait without a phone????? Plus I have to drive 1hr in crazy weather to States to pickup the phone. I should of never been in this situation, if Palm/HP would make sure they deliver a quality product.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    I think you probably got a lemon... I played with a Rogers one today in the Rogers store (yes they have a live one, surprisingly) and it's really sturdy. Also feels a lot faster than my UberKernel'ed Pre Plus.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    The only thing that I complain about is the light leak, it is really bad Toni.
    Every time I open the phone, I feel like throwing it against the wall... because the white spot is that visible. You would not expect that on a f$%*@ing 450$ brand new phone? Watch it, I contact HP and they send me another phone that will have other problems.

This is just plain ridiculous.

On a positive note, happy new year to all Pre users.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    On another note, it seems like for some reason on the Rogers unit, they went back to the mushy Pre keyboard. It's just not as clicky as the Verizon one...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    On another note, it seems like for some reason on the Rogers unit, they went back to the mushy Pre keyboard. It's just not as clicky as the Verizon one...
    Compared to my original CDMA Pre, the Pre2 keyboard is better. Clickier. I have never tried a Verizon Pre however.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    The keyboard is very clicky on my HP Pre2.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    T3CK, do you see Paid Apps in the App Catalog on your Bell Pre2? Mine still only shows free apps...
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I only see free apps. However, when I activated my Pre 2, the profile update installed Tweed (payable version). I know this because the extra options it has, not available into free version. It did not installed Angry Birds, probably because it is not ported yet to WebOS 2. So the paid apps are there but hidden, it must be a glitch in the system.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Barry, you are part of the pre-release accepted people?
    I had to download palm-novacom_1.0.64 from their private site, 1.0.54 would not work with Pre 2.

PS. Guys, please do not PM me to send you the pre-release software, I will not break the NDA rules.
    Just apply to be accepted into program, is easier.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    Barry, you are part of the pre-release accepted people?
    I had to download palm-novacom_1.0.64 from their private site, 1.0.54 would not work with Pre 2.

PS. Guys, please do not PM me to send you the pre-release software, I will not break the NDA rules.
    Just apply for the program, is easier.
    I first installed novacom for the Pre 2 by using the doctor that's available for the Unlocked NA and EU Pre 2's.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    That is another way to go.
    BTW, I just updated the OP with the activation procedure I did online, just in case someone else have some quirks and needs a quick answer.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Do you have to renew your contract in order to do this? (switch from old network to new one)
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    No, I posted all info into first post. Check step 4.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I'm looking at purchasing a Pre 2 from Rogers Wireless with no service contract because I already have an existing Bell Mobility contract that I want to use the Pre 2 with. Rogers tells me that their Pre 2 has a sim and that it's not CDMA but I will have to get it unlocked on my own because they won't do it for me. I know there are lots of places that will unlock it for me but my concern is that when I activate the Pre 2 on the Bell network with a Bell sim how will I get my OTA updates if Bell is not carrying the Pre 2? Are the OTA updates carrier specific or will my Pre 2 fine them no matter what network I'm with?
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    When I got my HP unlocked Pre 2, it had WebOS 2.0.0 on it. Once I activated the phone, it displayed version 2.0.1, available for download into Updates. So ya, you will update live your phone.

Personally, I got an unlocked HP phone, because I wanted to be sure it will work with Bell.
    You can get one on eBay, it will be cheaper than Rogers one.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhelan View Post
    I'm looking at purchasing a Pre 2 from Rogers Wireless with no service contract because I already have an existing Bell Mobility contract that I want to use the Pre 2 with. Rogers tells me that their Pre 2 has a sim and that it's not CDMA but I will have to get it unlocked on my own because they won't do it for me. I know there are lots of places that will unlock it for me but my concern is that when I activate the Pre 2 on the Bell network with a Bell sim how will I get my OTA updates if Bell is not carrying the Pre 2? Are the OTA updates carrier specific or will my Pre 2 fine them no matter what network I'm with?
    As long as Rogers approves the update, you're fine.

Your phone is branded Rogers, but the update has nothing to do with the network, but the branding token of the phone itself. Only CDMA phones are tied to their own networks. Your phone downloads the update from Palm servers, not Rogers.

Case in point, my modified Verizon Pre Plus takes Bell updates since it has Bell tokens. So worst case scenario I'm sure there's a way to reflash the Pre 2 tokens to resemble the unlocked units and then get unlocked updates. It's the same hardware.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    When I got my HP unlocked Pre 2, it had WebOS 2.0.0 on it. Once I activated the phone, it displayed version 2.0.1, available for download into Updates. So ya, you will update live your phone.

Personally, I got an unlocked HP phone, because I wanted to be sure it will work with Bell.
    You can get one on eBay, it will be cheaper than Rogers one.
    I looked on Ebay but the cheapest Pre 2 I could find was approx. $650 including shipping. The Rogers Pre 2 is only $449 off contract including shipping. When I spoke to the Rogers tech guy he assured me that if I got the Pre 2 unlocked (not by Rogers as he said they won't do it for me even for a cost) it would work on the Bell network. I will be making my decision this afternoon whether to order it from Rogers or not. Thanks for your info.
    Any updates on the data tracking with the Pre 2 activated on Bell? I don't mean with netsat.
    Has anyone checked usage with Bell's app? Can you still download and use Bell's app for tracking on the unlocked Pre 2? How about tethering?
    Quote Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
    Any updates on the data tracking with the Pre 2 activated on Bell? I don't mean with netsat.
    Has anyone checked usage with Bell's app? Can you still download and use Bell's app for tracking on the unlocked Pre 2? How about tethering?
    Haven't gotten a bill yet, so I don't know about the tracking data, but the Bell Self Service app always says that the 'service is not available at this time'.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    From what I see, they changed the tracking on CDMA also.
    I have 22mb used so far for the current month, 14mb on Pre and 8mb on the Pre2! Whoaa!

Before I used to have bills like 2-3mb/month. So they changed something as of December.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast