1.    #1  
    Hi, I spent the afternoon on the phone with Sprint and AT&T and thought I share some things that I didn't know.

1. If your still on a Sprint contract but want to get out of it, your early termination fee is prorated based on how long you have had service. My contract is through August and my early termination fee is on $80. Less than one month of service. The minimum amount that fee can be is $50.

2. AT&T offers a 2GB data plan but ONLY to subscribers who sign contracts. If you don't want a contract, the best you can get is 200mb of data. (I am still trying to confirm this but two people have told me that so far. I'm going to a corporate store later, will update)

3. If you sign a contract and use your own device, you can upgrade at anytime (after CES maybe?)

It took me an hour and a half on the phone to learn this information. Just thought I'd pass this along. If you have any information on switching you think might be helpful, please tell us!
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    That's great news. Thanks for the info jhoove! I didn't realize switching with a Pre 2 would allow someone to get the new Palm phones after CES at discount.

I've been seriously considering switching to ATT from Sprint, but the fact that my monthly bill would instantly rise by minimum $30 a month is a huge setback.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    That's great news. Thanks for the info jhoove! I didn't realize switching with a Pre 2 would allow someone to get the new Palm phones after CES at discount.

I've been seriously considering switching to ATT from Sprint, but the fact that my monthly bill would instantly rise by minimum $30 a month is a huge setback.
    It was for me too but i really wanted service on my Pre 2. I went down to an AT&T store after I posted and they made me jump through hoops to setup a month to month account. So much so that I decided to go to T-Mobile. I can live with EDGE on my secondary device. It's much cheaper too. 59.99 for 500 daytime minutes, unlimited text and web. If you have your own device, the plans are cheaper. Good luck making the switch.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. There maybe quite a few of us looking for this information if something does not show in the coming months...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by adebo View Post
    Thanks for the info. There maybe quite a few of us looking for this information if something does not show in the coming months...
    Yeah, the good thing about getting the Pre 2 is still having upgrade eligibility when the new phones hit the carriers.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes