Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I can not read email, messaging, facebook with unicode font while I can on Pre and Pre Plus. Can anybody help me?

Thanks all
    What does it exactly mean "cannot read"? That you see unproperly encoded characters or cannot open the pages or messages at all? And if this is only wrong character encoding issue please provide example page you have a problem with. I will open it with my pre 2 and will see If I have the same problem.
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
    Palm changed the fonts in 2.0
    Fonts that are in 1.4.5 that were removed in 2.0 are
    Coconut-BoldD.ttf, Coconut-BoldOblique.ttf, Coconut-Medium.ttf, Coconut-MediumOblique.ttf, CoconutCondensed-Bold.ttf, CoconutCondensed-Medium.ttf, VL-PGothic-Regular.ttf, uming.ttc, batang.ttf.
    These made my Text Morpher App possible....
    Last edited by Mannyman; 12/14/2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Typo
    Can you just change the font type in the app to one that is installed on the Pre?
    NonPDK webOS apps use the fonts supplied by the OS. The font families I can choose from in 2.0 do not contain the unicode utf-8 characters that make the magic happen.

2.0 cannot display most of my signature
    Is this why I cannot see some email messages? Specifically messages I receive from Yahoo forums are not viewable. I just see a black box.
    Quote Originally Posted by danwendell View Post
    Is this why I cannot see some email messages? Specifically messages I receive from Yahoo forums are not viewable. I just see a black box.
    I have no idea. If you can see the email messages on your PC try copying some of the text to this thread to see what devices can view them.
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Guys, I'm from Poland so I strongly use UTF-8 characters (without them I cannot even see special Polish characters). But there is no issue for me - I did check Facebook and some other polish pages - everything is displayed correctly for me.
    There are literally thousands of Unicode UTF-8 characters. I heard that Chinese character support has actually improved in webOS2.0. So, it depends on what characters you are looking for.

For example Microsoft includes Arial Unicode MS font with MS Office.
    The file size of the Arial Unicode MS font is 22 MB because it is a complete Unicode font (nearly 50000 characters). It contains all the characters in Arial plus full fonts for Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Arabic, and Hebrew, plus all of the different symbol characters and character ranges.

Some Unicode Fonts contain a much smaller subset of displayable characters such as those used by webOS 2.0 which apparently satisfies Polish users.
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelcu View Post
    Guys, I'm from Poland so I strongly use UTF-8 characters (without them I cannot even see special Polish characters). But there is no issue for me - I did check Facebook and some other polish pages - everything is displayed correctly for me.
    Pelcu,
    Can you see this in webOS 2.0?
    ʇsǝʇ ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn
    (utf-8 upside down text viewable in webOS 1.4.5)

Ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ Ⓣⓔⓧⓣ Ⓣⓔⓢⓣ
    (utf-8 bubble text viewable in webOS 1.4.5)

℉яεαḱƴ Ŧεẍṫ tεṧṫ
    (utf-8 assorted text characters viewable in webOS 1.4.5)

Look at this post in you home/office computer as well.
    Thanks,
    Manny
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Anybody help me How can removed fonts that I installed to Palm Pre 2.

I am living in Vietnam. the fonts is displayed incorrect in facebook, email, SMS with my language, Vietnamese language
    Here is what your post looked like on webOS 2.0 and how it displays on 1.4.5. It's almost supported. lol Why would Palm remove fonts and support less text and why the lower case bubble text would be supported but not the upper case stuff? Hmmm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jhoove09; 12/16/2010 at 08:55 PM.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Pelcu,
    ʇsǝʇ ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn
    (utf-8 upside down text viewable in webOS 1.4.5)

Ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ Ⓣⓔⓧⓣ Ⓣⓔⓢⓣ
    (utf-8 bubble text viewable in webOS 1.4.5)

℉яεαḱƴ Ŧεẍṫ tεṧṫ
    (utf-8 assorted text characters viewable in webOS 1.4.5)

Look at this post in you home/office computer as well.
    Thanks,
    Manny
    On my PC - everything is readable, but on Pre 2.... only partially
    So i cannot read ʇ ʍ ǝ and Ⓑ Ⓣ and also ƴ ẍ ṫ ṧ.
    I will try to add those characters to Special characters table (alternatechars_fulltable.json file) and than try again. I'm really curious if this can help...
    unfortunately it not helps :-( I can't read or write upside down chars even added to chars table.