1.    #1  
    I know on att for all unlocked phones we don't need to pay $30 (I'm old member and chose to pay for unlimited rather than limit of 2GB). I used to pay $15 before, so do we need to pay $15 or $30 for pre2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    I know on att for all unlocked phones we don't need to pay $30 (I'm old member and chose to pay for unlimited rather than limit of 2GB). I used to pay $15 before, so do we need to pay $15 or $30 for pre2?
    Unlocked doesn't matter anymore. The system can tell what type of device you have. The system knows the Pre 2 is a smartphone. My Unlocked Pre 2 shows up as an AT&T Pre Plus in the system even though the devices have different model #'s.

Unlimited smartphone data is $30 a month (grandfathered - only available if you currently have any unlimited data plan).

Since your unlimited cellular data plan does qualify your account for grandfathering, when moving your SIM from a cellular phone or even a Treo device (Treo's and Centros can often, but not always slide under the smartphone detection radar because they are not 3G devices) into your 3G Palm Pre Plus or Pre 2, you need to make sure to call or use the website to switch your data plan to the unlimited smartphone data plan at $30 a month.

If you don't take action when switching to a smartphone, you risk losing your grandfathered unlimited data option because when the the system polls your device, it will see it's a Pre 2 , classified as a smartphone, and will automatically switch you to the currently offered base smartphone data plan, which is the $15.00 1GB measured data plan.

If you don't take action, and the system switches you after polling your device, you put yourself and your grandfathered unlimited data plan at the mercy of a customer service rep who you will be calling (once you receive your next bill) to explain why you had a cellular data plan on a smartphone device. If they want to credit you and switch your account to the unlimited smartphone data plan you were previously entitled to, great, however, if the rep or their immediate supervisor happened to get up on the wrong side of the bed that morning, forget it, You lose..... Since you are grandfathered in, it's better to be legit than not in this scenario.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    @ TTB

I couldn't have said it better.... well actually, I couldn't have said it at all.

Thanks for hanging around here Barry!
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups