Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I have a feeling that no carrier is going to pick up the pre 2, instead I believe any interest in palm devices has been shifted to something that will be shown at ces next month. The only way to get a pre 2 is unlocked gsm.
    I have a feeling your post will be modded to a general thread with people who share your feelings.
    Well, Palm.com says coming soon to Verizon Wireless. Do you have evidence that it won't be coming to a carrier stateside, or is this just speculation?
    I think Verizon wants to launch it so they can get all the Pre+ users to upgrade. They would save a ton of money by not having to support/replace so many phones due to hardware problems.
    I thought Palm was responsible for the 1 year warranty.
    ultimately, but primary support, replacement devices etc comes from the carrier. That's part of the deal, and why it takes a carrier so long to launch something simple like an update.

And that's why I almost always cal the carrier support number first.
    But the money comes out of Palm's pocket, they receive the defective phones and repair them and send them out as refurbs.
    that's all outsourced, and they probably get a certain % of the order provided as spares/replacements. I believe that's all charged back to Palm for future devices. Probably why VZW is going to sell the Pre2... probably have accumulated enough credits to have enough for a year of sales at no cost...

One way or another, we pay the cost, it gets passed on to the carrier from Palm, and from the carrier to us.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I just remember seeing training for it a few MONTHS ago and nothing ever materialized. Now, the Pre 2 isn't even in Verizon's POS system. I think that was just put on palm's website people who need to know something is on the way.
    It's been there for quite awhile. I think they are waiting for 2.0 to be ready for distribution to the Pre+ and Pixi+ customers, and for whatever launch strategy they are working on for CES in early January.

It will come. Verizon already sells HP netbooks, and as the largest computer maker, they have lots of clout in the retail market.

IMHO
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    It's been there for quite awhile. I think they are waiting for 2.0 to be ready for distribution to the Pre+ and Pixi+ customers, and for whatever launch strategy they are working on for CES in early January.

It will come. Verizon already sells HP netbooks, and as the largest computer maker, they have lots of clout in the retail market.

IMHO
    HP definitely opens doors, plus the Pre 2 is a pretty sweet device.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    I think it could still come to Verizon even if in January.

Even if another batch of phones are coming out for CES, it doesnt mean that the Palm Pre 2 still cant be sold as well. Not everyone needs a superphone.
    I had been using Pre+ from Verizon since March 28th, 2010 and touch-wood I didn't have any single issue with anything yet, be hardware, or software, with 104 down-loaded apps. (although I hardly ever used any other than 7 or 8 of them, including Govnah), so I wonder why people always complain about issues with Palm's hardware/software ? For crying out loud, it seems Pre 2 is going to be the ultimate hardware for my liking about any smartphone, with it's 1 Gh processing speed and 5 Mp camera, and the current compact design, it will be just the ultimate compact-designed smartphone ever invented. I hate those 1/2-foot long brick sized cloned-looking slabs, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by iMando View Post
    I have a feeling that no carrier is going to pick up the pre 2, instead I believe any interest in palm devices has been shifted to something that will be shown at ces next month. The only way to get a pre 2 is unlocked gsm.
    You realize it's coming on Verizon right?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    One possibility is that if Palm does have something cool coming after CES, it will arrive at Verizon and perhaps Sprint with the Pre2 and Pixi2 in tow(or following soon afterwards) in order to round out the HPalm "family" of phones in much the way that Verizon's Droids are usually accompanied by on or more low end Android phones.
    Last edited by DarthRepublican; 12/13/2010 at 12:59 AM. Reason: cleaned up grammar
    I think we are all very well aware that the HP/Palm website says the Pre 2 is coming to VZW "soon". I love way some people condescendingly remind us that the HP/Palm website says that, as if it really means anything at all. "Ahem...You do realize, don't you, that the HP/Palm website clearly points out that the Pre 2 is coming soon to Verizon?" However, it's pretty normal for the release of a phone to be preceded by rumors of some kind. There is absolutely ZERO chatter about the Pre 2. Initially there were lots of dates being rumored on the web...11/11 being the most prominent. But since that time, the rumors have slowly but surely fizzled out. Fizzled to the point that when I Googled "verizon palm" last week, all I got were articles on Verizon's 4G network in Palm Beach. You can only put so much stock in rumors, but these days when there is NOTHING floating around on the web, it's usually not a good sign. I can't say I think it's never coming, but I can say it's not coming soon enough to be relevant.
    Something will come to Verizon at some point. But I would hope they don't "launch" the Palm Pre 2 on Verizon anytime soon. Save it until they're ready to do a full scale relaunch of WebOS with newer hardware in tow. Price it no higher than $50, and it could be the LG Optimus One killer. That the Optimus sold two million in just a few months shows you that there is a viable "value" market for HP Palm to exploit, given the right conditions. They just can't exploit it with underpowered junk like the Palm Pixi Plus.
    I can't wait for the pixi 2....

insert sarcasm here
    Quote Originally Posted by iMando View Post
    The only way to get a pre 2 is unlocked gsm.
    This means the Pre2 is in stateside Palm did what they could to get the Pre2 into our hands by bypassing the red tape BS the North American carriers make them go through and making it unbranded. Sux they cannot do an unbranded CDMA but thats do to Verizon and Sprint refusing to activate them.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    This means the Pre2 is in stateside Palm did what they could to get the Pre2 into our hands by bypassing the red tape BS the North American carriers make them go through and making it unbranded. Sux they cannot do an unbranded CDMA but thats do to Verizon and Sprint refusing to activate them.
    If this is what HP Palm could do when other manufacturers get Sanyo Zios, LG Optimus Ones, and other low-end handsets to carriers with prominent shelf space to boot, things aint looking good.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast