Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Stateside now (for some time); but maybe you were looking for it for FREE? (but then I like my phones free from carrier bloat-ware)

Palm Pre 2 unlocked | HP® Official Store
    <This Page is Blank>
    Actual figures: Google?

As for ebay presence: abundance = good. scarcity = "Pre what?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Or, it means they needed a new base in France, and went with their latest device that was already in the wings.
    LOL I don't think anyone NEEDS a new base in France. I like to think of it as France being the guinea pig for experiments Palm couldn't get away with doing in the US...

Note to any PC members from France... I'm kidding. No flames, please!
    I think Pre 2 will release right along with palms(or hp) other entries.

save this post when I'm right.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilduckster View Post
    Stateside now (for some time); but maybe you were looking for it for FREE? (but then I like my phones free from carrier bloat-ware)

Palm Pre 2 unlocked | HP® Official Store
    This. Pre 2 is here now on vzw if you can foot the 449$ sticker price.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    .,;-#$^***^$#-;,.

OK, so what VZN store in what US state has the Pre2?
    Callin bluff if you don't reveal....
    Quote Originally Posted by evilduckster View Post

[url= Pre 2 unlocked | HP® Official Store[/url]
    I believe that is GSM and wouldn't run on vzw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I believe that is GSM and wouldn't run on vzw.
    Your belief is right. The GSM model that can be ordered from the HP website will only work on AT&T for 3G and voice or T-Mobile for EDGE and voice.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Actual figures: Google?

As for ebay presence: abundance = good. scarcity = "Pre what?"
    i'm not interested in whether it's "good" or "pre what?" whatever that means, i guess bad. Regardless, I'm interested in finding out if how many actual phones have been sold to customers by either the carrier or directly from palm. ebay doesn't show that. Ebay show's what's for sale not what has sold. So I'm not that concerned about if something is on ebay.

I already tried google. It didn't result in much good information. nobody is talking about pre 2 European sales or french sales. And most searches bring up a lot of original pre stories or merely statements that the pre is going on sale in france. Not to mention Palm has been reluctant to release raw numbers of any phones sales. So i doubt they would now unless they are great. for the original pre we got sales figures from analysts much more then from palm. So i figured i'd pose the question to people that follow palm. Regardless the lack of positive sales figures seems quite telling.
    I think that might partly be because France doesnt have legions of analysts trying desperately to keep their jobs and feed the monstrous US media tidbits of information.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    Quote Originally Posted by mickykitsune View Post
    I think that might partly be because France doesnt have legions of analysts trying desperately to keep their jobs and feed the monstrous US media tidbits of information.
    one, yes they do. It's not like there are no financial markets in france let alone in Europe. Two they don't need to be in based in france. European mobile device sales are of interest to anyone investing in the mobile tech sector. My guess is there's no sales figures cause it's not selling well. I mean you'd think they'd have 1st week sales figures, monthly sales figures etc somewhere.
    .... and the topic here is whether the Pre2 will ever be available in the US, despite Palm and VZW saying that it will be, and Palm selling an unlocked GSM version on hp.com

So, back to the topic?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    No one knows that they haven't penetrated American carrier agreements. It's very possible that they have reached agreements with all of the American carriers. One thread on here purports (by the person posting) that he's already seen the flyers for the Pre 2 on Sprint.

Of course, that pooh-poohed by many, though I've yet to see any justification for calling that particular user a liar.

I'll also point out, when they did utilize the Sprint network, that was pointed out as "bad" too.
    Gotta start somewhere, and I have a ton of posts here to reply to, so this is as good as any point to begin.

I know that they haven't penetrated American carrier agreements with the Pre 2 because....no American carrier sells it. You know it too. Everyone knows it. Their agreement with Verizon exists enough so that they can use Verizon's logo and say it's "coming soon" but is so tentative, no one can say when it will begin. Which produces the exact same end result of them having no agreement at all. Rubinstein says "devices" are "coming soon" too.

I don't really have any response for your references to other threads and other posters. Has nothing to do with what I am talking about.
    Unless you work as a contract manager for a carrier or Palm, you can't state this as a fact that we all "know".
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    o

the speculative part is saying they "are unable" rather than realizing that there is probably quite a bit happening and that all parties are being very deliberate in what they are doing. No carrier launches a phone because a vendor begs or cajoles them into it. There is a lot of joint planning and strategy between them...
    But of course. As there is with any manufacturer of smartphones. But I am pretty sure that whatever HP's plans with whatever carrier were, they weren't:

1) Entreating users to beg Sprint to carry the device when they were the apple of Sprint's eye 12 months ago.
    2) Being unable to get a solid date out of Verizon.
    3) Having their American product from this American company unavailable for ANY American to see or touch in a retail store in America, much less from any American carrier for 60 days and counting after launching the device - thereby completely missing the holiday retail season when people are most likely to buy it.

If you want to argue that these were deliberate aspects of their plan, then I fear HP is far more incompetent then Palm ever was when it comes to launching and promoting devices.
    This almost feels like arguing that the earth isn't really flat at this point.

We know the Pre 2 currently exists. We know the Pre 2 isn't currently available on AT&T. We know the Pre 2 isn't currently available on Verizon. We know the Pre 2 isn't currently available on Sprint.
    OK, we are going in circles. Mikah, those are great examples of things that will make HP's job harder. However, the conclusions you are drawing from them are pure speculation. We need new and factual information to support the thread title. This thread may have run it's course already.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    This almost feels like arguing that the earth isn't really flat at this point.

We know the Pre 2 currently exists. We know the Pre 2 isn't currently available on AT&T. We know the Pre 2 isn't currently available on Verizon. We know the Pre 2 isn't currently available on Sprint.
    I guess I'm amazed the people want to argue that these are deliberate parts of HP Palm's strategy as a counterpoint to what I am saying. I would think if anything is negative regarding HP Palm, that would be it. It sounds as believable as Pee-Wee Herman exclaiming "I meant to do that!"

I guess this - along with the protracted silence - is all part of some grand razzle dazzle strategy that HP Palm has concocted to throw the rest of the market of the trail of their amazing new products on the way. They're a big company, and thus, they know what they're doing in all things. They meant for the Slate to turn how it did. Same for the Android printer. Same for the iPaq drifting into oblivion. Big corporations only get to be big because they never make mistakes and always have a long-term strategy that never changes.

That seems to characterize a lot of the responses I got.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    it will. along with some other phones hopefully not too far after. i just wish that the developers could do with the microphone and camera's what the iphone offers. quite incredible... but i guess it's the same way with computers too--for some reason others just can't compete with them in those areas. i think the pre more than defeats it in terms of a multitasking, phone/email/text/calendar work based phone. (i'm a physical keyboard guy what can i say). other than a video camera the EVO was like useless to me when i got to play with it for a week. i'm definitely looking forward to some new WebOS devices (not to beat a dead horse around here or anything)
    Agree that this thread has run its course. Time to close it.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234