1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,

I just got my palm pre 2 a few days ago and have really liked it. This is also my first webos device. I live with 6 other people and they all think that the palm pre 2 is a pretty nice phone.

3 of them use blackberrys( 1 has a blackberry torch+ 2 bolds)
    1 uses a nokia E72
    1 uses a sony ericson xperia x10 mini pro
    and 1 uses an iphone 3g

All of them apart from obviously the iphone user have qwerty physical keyboards. They absolutely like webos but have said they probably wouldn't buy one because its a bit too expensive and the keyboard is a bit cramped. Hardware wise they like the compact feel of the pre 2 especially the soft touch bezel and back. They like the gesture intuitive webos and funnily enough the most asked question was how do i go 'back' from one screen to another. Though the nokia user did say that he trusts the blackberry brand more than palm.

Please note that most of them have not heard or knew about palm before i bought my pre 2. So they've all have had a go and they like it. They didn't ask about the processor speed or the fact that screen is a bit small. What they did say was that it was a very good looking phone, pocketable and that the OS was smooth and fresh.
    6 people?!? Jeebus!
    Let them use the keyboard a bit, might change their minds about it being too cramped. I remember when the pre first came out there was alot of concern about it's size. Yet, once people started using them the size issue went away (for the most part, some complain about anything).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Last edited by etphoto; 12/11/2010 at 05:37 PM.
    I had a million complaints about the Pre, but one of the few things I miss is how quickly I was able to type on it.

You just have to let your thumbnails grow a little bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by muizz View Post
    . They didn't ask about the processor speed or the fact that screen is a bit small. What they did say was that it was a very good looking phone, pocketable and that the OS was smooth and fresh.
    that's because the average user doesn't care about processor speed. People just want a device that works well, and works for them
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Well, my dad just got a Blackberry Torch. I find it WAY more complicated to use than My Palm Pre plus. I really hope he figures out how to use it. Sure, it's faster and everything but I'd still go for the Pre plus if given a choice. The Torch's multitasking is still bleh compared to WebOS. There's a back button but no forward, the tabbed browsing (internet browser) is similar to the cards system but it's only for the browser and not everything else.

If they'd changed all the programs to the method used in their browser, that'd be the bomb though.
    Repeat 3 times, The masses nor my friends will influence my phone preference. I will go with what is best for my needs!
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 08:15 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers