1.    #1  
    Trying to see if the new Palm Pre 2 (with WebOS 2.0) has built-in notifications much like the BlackBerry and the unmistakable red blinking light. Does the thin white light on the bottom "blink" when an email comes in or you miss a call/text?

Reason I ask is I recently got tired of my BlackBerry 9000 and iPhone 4. Used to be a RIMM and AAPL "fan boi", but got fed up with everyone having the same phone I had. They both had their Pros/Cons, but I think WebOS is for me now. I always wanted to jump on the Pre Plus from AT&T, but when it came out it seemed underpowered. With the new Pre 2, I think it's time for me to make the jump.

Thanks in advanced for reading and trying to answer my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by virionbased View Post
    Trying to see if the new Palm Pre 2 (with WebOS 2.0) has built-in notifications much like the BlackBerry and the unmistakable red blinking light. Does the thin white light on the bottom "blink" when an email comes in or you miss a call/text?

Reason I ask is I recently got tired of my BlackBerry 9000 and iPhone 4. Used to be a RIMM and AAPL "fan boi", but got fed up with everyone having the same phone I had. They both had their Pros/Cons, but I think WebOS is for me now. I always wanted to jump on the Pre Plus from AT&T, but when it came out it seemed underpowered. With the new Pre 2, I think it's time for me to make the jump.

Thanks in advanced for reading and trying to answer my question.
    Same as with the Pre and Pre Plus, yes, the Pre 2 will blink. You must enable it in the "Screen & Lock" app and then it will blink to notify you.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  3.    #3  
    Wow! Thanks for the prompt reply, Arthurthornton. I'm going to finally pull the trigger on the Pre 2 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by virionbased View Post
    Wow! Thanks for the prompt reply, Arthurthornton.
    Welcome virionbased,
    this is how this forum works. You wont find such brilliant forum for any other device/OS ;-)
    EDIT: BTW: you should also use the thanks Button.