Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all I just replaced my unlocked Centro with a Pre 2 a week ago today and love my new phone BUT I have some issues:

1) I have 3 email accounts (yahoo, gmail, exchange) and at any given time ONE of them will just stop syncing. It doesn't appear to ever check mail no matter what I do. I have tried removing and replacing the account that stops syncing (currently yahoo) and it works for awhile but then randomly stops working. I even doctored the phone once to try and fix this. I might try to turn off my mail for the yahoo account and set up a manual imap account to see if that helps.

2) When all 3 email accounts are actually working the device seems to ignore my setting to sync manually for yahoo. I have tried to set it to 24 hours to see if that helps but it will try to sync every hour or two on its own. No clue what I can do here.

3) After doctoring my phone and setting it up again with my Palm account SOME of my contacts are duplicated. It is very cumbersome removing duplicates.

4) I *LOVE* the idea of the IM integrated with the phone but it's been real wonky for me. I have gmail chat, yahoo chat, and AIM accounts and I have the following issues:

a) My online buddies list in the messaging app doesn't seem to show all the people online even if I have the full green circle.

b) Buddies that I see online in the messaging app don't appear online when I go and look them up in my contacts. I would expect the green circle to show up in the contact view.

c) One time a contact didn't appear online in the messaging app OR in my contacts but DID show up online in the email app!

I sure hope some of my experiences are unique to WebOS 2.0 (I have the 2.0.1 update) or unique to me but I definitely see some people with e-mail sync issue with previous versions.

Last weekend I installed some patches (mostly advanced menu and mode switcher) via PreWare and I noticed these issues so I doctored the phone and haven't installed PreWare or any patches since.

I'm assuming these are all software issues and there is no benefit to having my Pre 2 replaced.. Anyone else having these types of issues?
    I've never had any of those problems on 1.4.5, but I've seen reports here of it happening with 2.x.

Looks to be related to the removal of Java services and them being rewritten in C/C++.

I recommend you PM HardBeatz (he works for Palm) on here and point him to this thread and I'm sure he will get these issues logged.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  3.    #3  
    Thanks I sent a PM. I have had a couple of other issues as well that might not be services related:

5) I have the Bluetooth paired with my car and I would turn it on and off easily through the menu on the upper right. This morning it wouldn't pair for some reason so I removed and re-added my car. Now every time I toggle on it actually opens up the Bluetooth card and I have to close it explicitly.

6) Occasionally my web browser will load a full page and then seemingly truncate the page (so I can only see like 1/4 of it) or if I am working with two or three stacks of web pages one that was loaded will go completely white and I'll have to reload the page.

7) I have the brightness level on the lowest setting (which seems a bit too bright to me) but sometimes when I turn the phone on it seems to come on much brighter than usual. If I quickly turn the screen off and on again it appears to correct itself.
    Last edited by CentroGoblin; 12/11/2010 at 03:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CentroGoblin View Post

7) I have the brightness level on the lowest setting (which seems a bit too bright to me) but sometimes when I turn the phone on it seems to come on much brighter than usual. If I quickly turn the screen off and on again it appears to correct itself.
    That happens on the original pre. I was actually wondering if that was corrected in 2.0 or on the pre 2 but I guess not.

It's not a big thing, it only happens the rare time and all you have to do is shut it off and back on right away and it corrects itself. Not sure if this is a hardware related thing or if it's software.
  5.    #5  
    I fixed my issue with yahoo mail temporarily by restarting the phone but now both yahoo and gmail aren't updating. I'm starting to consider returning this while I can
    I doubt this is a hardware issue. Not many are fortunate enough to have webOS 2.x so the pool of experts is a bit low still.

you should definitely PM hardbeatz to he can guide you. Also I know that pastorrich1 has a Pre2 and may be able to duplicate some of your scenarios. It never hurts to ask.

if you post info about your carrier, make sure you have the latest webOS 2.x etc that may also pull in some help from those that have 2.x

cheers.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks I am on T-Mobile USA and have webOS 2.0.1. I have another issue:

8) Received a call from a new number for an existing contact and tried to add to the existing and I just get the giant circle refresh button for minutes. Tried several times and give up each time after a few minutes. I'll just add the number manually to my gmail contact account.

I plan to contact Palm support but despite the big bucks behind HP I feel like the experience will be very similar to when I had issues with my Centro that I ended up just dealing with because I enjoyed the Palm OS so much.

Basically I ended up getting escalated over multiple calls to some sort of engineer at Palm who told me that the issue I was having was not a 'known issue' but they knew about the issue. What that meant was it wasn't considered a known issue that they would mention on support webpages but that they knew it was an issue!!

The issue BTW was when dialing or answering calls the Centro would intermittently not do anything to the point of missing calls or having it dial minutes later after you gave up. This was an issue with T-Mobile and since the phone was never released for T-Mobile I was probably one of the few who actually bought the unlocked phone direct from Palm so it wasn't worth fixing.. (http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...g-problem.html)

I am not sure why I have put so much time and faith in Palm but I'm starting to lose it finally.. after going to the support forums it looks just as it did before HP bought it (ie a ghost town with lots of problems and not many answers from anyone at Palm).
    Last edited by CentroGoblin; 12/11/2010 at 05:30 PM.
    start with hardbeatz so you don't get lost in palm support. Also, there is a forum at palms support site where you can ask about bugs. Some good palm engineers tend to hang out there.

solutions will be easier to find once 2.x is released to the current pre/pixi devices.
    btw, here is another thread about 2.0 issues. You might find someone there with helpful ideas.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2792681

I came from a centro and I really like my pre on 1.4.5, so there is hope that the kinks will be worked out of 2.x quickly.
    Palm has also had a fairly good track record of releasing updates since the Pre (carrier release delays notwithstanding), especially for significant bugs. Hopefully that will continue.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    You're holding it wrong.
    Thanks I am on T-Mobile USA and have webOS 2.0.1. I have another issue:

I am not sure why I have put so much time and faith in Palm but I'm starting to lose it finally.. after going to the support forums it looks just as it did before HP bought it (ie a ghost town with lots of problems and not many answers from anyone at Palm).
    I am sorry I am just now getting to this thread. I read through your issues and some of them I cannot duplicate due to the specific circumstances. But I have been running my unlocked Pre 2 on T-Mobile since 11/19 and have seen none of those issues.

I have Dr'ed multiple times and only had a glitch one time (the first time) and it wiped my USB partition. Everything else has been smooth and trouble free.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  13.    #13  
    It's good to know someone who isn't having an issue on T-Mobile!

I keep thinking there is something wrong with my Palm Profile does anyone know of any way to wipe that of everything except the Apps I've purchased? When I restarted from the Doctor program it asked me to log back into all of the accounts I'm linked to (which is AWESOME btw if only I didn't have any issues).

Also is there a way to view any logs to see what is happening when I click the sync button in the mail app for all accounts (or a specific troubled account) and nothing happens?

I bit the bullet and rebooted again and all is fine but eventually (usually within 12 hours) one or two of my accounts will stop working. Maybe I should try removing my exchange account as that's the only one that hasn't ever stopped working so maybe it's causing a problem??
    It's good to know someone who isn't having an issue on T-Mobile!

I keep thinking there is something wrong with my Palm Profile does anyone know of any way to wipe that of everything except the Apps I've purchased? When I restarted from the Doctor program it asked me to log back into all of the accounts I'm linked to (which is AWESOME btw if only I didn't have any issues).

Also is there a way to view any logs to see what is happening when I click the sync button in the mail app for all accounts (or a specific troubled account) and nothing happens?

I bit the bullet and rebooted again and all is fine but eventually (usually within 12 hours) one or two of my accounts will stop working. Maybe I should try removing my exchange account as that's the only one that hasn't ever stopped working so maybe it's causing a problem??
    You could always perform an apps and data erase from the device info, reset options. That is essentially a profile reload, and instead of trying to reload your current profile, just create a new one and link all of your accounts to the new profile. Your apps will not come with the new profile. But at least you can see if you are having profile issues or if it is related to one of the accounts you are syncing with. Once you have determined the problem, simply repeat the process only load your profile with your apps this time. (as long as it isn't the source of the problem).
  15.    #15  
    Great idea! I erased my data and doctored the phone. I will try creating a new profile account and add accounts one per day as long as nothing goes wrong.
    You're more or less a glorified beta tester. Early adoption is almost never a good idea. If you figure any of it out, let us know; if these are WebOS 2 rather than Pre 2 problems, we'll all need answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezigrene View Post
    You're more or less a glorified beta tester. Early adoption is almost never a good idea. If you figure any of it out, let us know; if these are WebOS 2 rather than Pre 2 problems, we'll all need answers.
    They are all webOS 2.0.x problems (if not third party user account issues). The Pre 2 hardware in an of itself won't cause any of these types of issues and apart from the processor, camera and glass screen, it's all the same hardware as the Pre and Pre Plus.

Besides, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and Palm's own Rubi were all early adopters. Not bad company to be in...
    are you connection through wifi or evdo and do you have a strong signal ? when your resetting the phone and first signing in ... Well you are not required to sign into anythin.. You can skip that step and go back and setp up sync individually. I would reload my account and when asked to sign into accounts , just skip that step . Then after finishing with the reload, open contacts app and load accounts 1 at a time . Then do the same in email app you could have saved 2 diff. Passwords in the different setup pages . Just something to check out .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  19.    #19  
    I'm always making sure I'm connected to wifi whenever I add new accounts...

Last night I added a Yahoo account only turning Mail and Messaging on. All seemed fine (as usual) but I couldn't wait a whole day and right after adding my work Exchange account (Mail only) I noticed my Yahoo broke.

So I did a full erase and started again with just Yahoo to try and see if it was related to my Exchange account and not even a few hours later with ONLY my Yahoo account loaded it has syncing email.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I have a yahoo mail problem too. It stopped syncing and now gives me an error when I try to sign in. Is there a fix yet?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast