webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Contacts added to Pre 2 won't sync to google contacts
Contacts added to Pre 2 won't sync to google contacts

Old 02/03/2011, 12:12 AM   #21 (permalink)

I was afraid of this...looks like mine has started exhibiting the same behavior. Contacts added on the Pre never make it to Google but the opposite way is no problem.

I've added/readded this account several times to try and resolve issues with contact pictures...it always works as expected for a while but eventually things like this start happening. Frustrating and unacceptable! What can we do? Just wait for 2.1 for a hopeful fix?
nkedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2011, 12:18 AM   #22 (permalink)

well. you can't do much! try to forget about it. makes life easier.

i am using my palm pixi and old pre for now and let my mum use the pre 2.
chrislo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/08/2011, 09:11 AM   #23 (permalink)

I've had the same problem. However, I have a situation where a contact in my GMail messaging list doesn't get "synergized" with their contact info on the phone. It doesn't recognize that contact as existing on the phone. I realized I have the same problem that turning off contacts etc. doesn't remove all contacts from the phone. I turned off contacts in every single one of my accounts, but I still have a good 400 or so contacts on the phone.

*sigh*

Trying out a few things to fix this, let's see what happens. Anyone know where the contacts database is stored? Maybe manually deleting it and then readding the contacts accounts will fix it?
Old 12/07/2012, 12:11 PM   #24 (permalink)

Anyone ever found a fix for this? I added some info and waited a few weeks, forced a "sync now" several times, rebooted several times, never got it to propagate the info back to my google contacts. What is the workaround?

Thanks
MemphiDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/08/2012, 11:52 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphiDoug View Post
Anyone ever found a fix for this? I added some info and waited a few weeks, forced a "sync now" several times, rebooted several times, never got it to propagate the info back to my google contacts. What is the workaround?

Thanks

I'm having the same problem with my contacts, and my calendar. Stuff i enter in Google sync's fine. But nothing I enter into the phone goes to google (contacts or Calendar)

Does anyone know a fix for this? If i remove the account and add it again, it adds everything, but just that one time.
crazybirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 03:27 PM   #26 (permalink)

I spent ages finding a solution to this issue and have found something that works - for me at least.
Create an Exchange account primarily for the syncronisation of, say, calendar. This can be done even without paying for exchange:
Improve Google Calendar sync by setting it up as a Microsoft Exchange account | webOS Nation

Create a separate Google account and syncronise just contacts.

Hope it works for you too?
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 03:42 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
I spent ages finding a solution to this issue and have found something that works - for me at least.
Create an Exchange account primarily for the syncronisation of, say, calendar. This can be done even without paying for exchange:
Improve Google Calendar sync by setting it up as a Microsoft Exchange account | webOS Nation

Create a separate Google account and syncronise just contacts.

Hope it works for you too?
Come end of January that won't work anymore, since Google is discontinuing Google Sync, which is the Exchange side of their services.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2012, 05:38 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Come end of January that won't work anymore, since Google is discontinuing Google Sync, which is the Exchange side of their services.
Doah!

I have created a gmail account instead (seems Google want to control everything!) and this seems to syncronise well enough. I do notice the contact details building up with each sync though i.e. there are now about 8 duplicate phone numbers for some contacts!

On a different note but still relevant to this thread:
On my Touchpad I notice small icons on the left of the contact details that indicate whether the contact details are from Google (G), WebOS (arrows), or one device (index card).

I am wondering how to control these and hope that once done any syncing will be consistent as I suspect having several accounts (Skype for instance) may muck up any syncing that is being processed!

What do others think?
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/08/2013, 05:00 PM   #29 (permalink)

Having all the same issues except for some reason some contacts will have 106 or so contacts inside each one... I wonder if maybe some of our phonrs have a memory leak in them? My old verizon pre 2 never ever did this... But my ATT Pre 2 with sim card is a drag!! and it seems slower than hell compared to the Verizon Pre 2 any thoughts anyone??? Oh and I cant download doctor it says it cant find my serial number then when it does it cant find the download? What The??
gcroz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contacts, google, synchronizing

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0