I have done everything suggested in this thread and more. Contacts entered on my Pre 2, webOS 2.0.1 still don't sync.
- After removing the accounts, both in contacts and from accounts, all contacts remained in my Pre
- After switching off backup and switching it on again, all contacts were still there on my Pre
- Removing my other Google accounts did not help
- Booting in between and syncing manually did not help
- The contacts clearly were not on other accounts since Palm and Sim reported about 10 contacts out of >2000
I decided to wait half a day, and after that wait all contacts were indeed gone.
- I reentered account info, for contacts, email and Calender (all Google), and they started to fill up again
- Tried just one contact phone number change, waited 2 days and it still has not changed on Google
Any other suggestions or experience to share?