Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Our Exchange is hosted by Microsoft (MSO server). Email works great but I have no way to accept or refuse read requests. Can't even see when they are required. Other big complaint of mine is that I cannot send emails to distribution lists that are in my contacts. Third would have to be lack of integration with calendar support.

I will give Palm kudos though, they did a much better job than Microsoft did in WinMo 6 and 6.1.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Remember, SherWeb is a Microsoft partner with a twist. Most MS partners support you while you are using products directly from Microsoft. SherWeb runs the product from their servers. Good or bad? I don't know.

I am moving completely away from Google and moving everything to Microsoft.

They have some great looking products, including Business Productivity Online Standard Suite, which includes something called Microsoft Exchange Online. I read that this acts just like Exchange I have heard about for years, interfacing with your desktop Outlook and Pre, or any mobile which works with Exchange.

Anyone know any different?

I obtained a trial over the weekend, will start trying it out Monday.

They also have a new series of products coming out bundled in Office 365, looks very nice.

And you can get the Exchange Online for $5 a month from Microsoft:

Exchange Online - Hosted Email, Calendars & Contacts | Microsoft BPOS

I have also started with Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

If you want to know my Microsoft Partner that has helped my with CRM, PM me.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Our Exchange is hosted by Microsoft (MSO server). Email works great but I have no way to accept or refuse read requests. Can't even see when they are required.
    I believe that's a limitation of EAS. As far as I know Windows Mobile doesn't let you refuse read requests either.
    I have a Pre2 which syncs with Outlook 2007. I get emails & calendar updates ok, but tasks will only sync if they are not categorized. Notes currently don't sync at all - you can do a one-off data transfer but after that, nada.

I am tring to implement my GTD approach on my new setup but the Pre2 tasks application is, quite frankly, appalling. There is no apparent way to sort by anything other than priority (H/M/L) or by Due Date - so sorting by alphbetical can't be used to overcome the categorization problem.

Furthermore, if you move tasks to a separate list ('category') on the Pre2, the tasks on Outlook get deleted.

I thought I mighht have to use something like PocketMirror from Chapura but I see that they currently don't support WebOS 2.x so, for now, I'm stuffed!

Hopefully, Chapura and other 3rd party suppliers will soon provide a solution but I would advise potential buyers to think twice before going for a Pre2 and to check out whether it fits their needs first. Mine was provided by my employer so I am stuck with it.
    If you are looking for task driven software for a GTD system, look at the Outline Tracker app. The basic version is free, and it might suit your needs.
    @Pre2sdrb,
    if you are HP employee you have to ask for MMS service to let Pre 2 synchronize with Outlook (Exchange servers). Hp is blocking data transfer via "clouds" without special permission services (called Mobile Managed Services or something like that).
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
  7.    #27  

An update on my situation... I have signed up for Sherweb but am still in process of transferring files. I am not up and going yet. Until the Pre 2 is available I will be using my Samsung i760.

I have one VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION... When using Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2010 on my two laptops... will ALL Outlook 2010 email folders and subfolders sync correctly? Will I have basically a mirror on both computers?

Also, will ALL Outlook 2010 email folders and subfolders show on my i760? How about when I get a Pre 2?

folders???
    I just got my Pre2 up and running. I'm using Sherweb2010 and everything is working fine. All of my email folders are there, synching nicely. Still no synching of notes between Outlook2010 and Exchange2010.

Somebody had asked earlier if Sherweb supported distribution lists... I still don't know if they synch between computers, but as I was getting stuff set up I ran across this...

How to create a distribution list (Exchange 2010) : Microsoft Exchange 2010 :: Support

It might get you some answers..?
    Last edited by JimmyK; 12/17/2010 at 02:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelPastor View Post

Also, will ALL Outlook 2010 email folders and subfolders show on my i760? How about when I get a Pre 2?
    The i760 is running WM6-Pro, it will sync all of your email folders easily.

I threw about 6 sub-folders onto my Outlook, they all immediately showed up on the Pre2- So I would imagine the Pre2 will handle all of your folders and sub-folders nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelPastor View Post

I have one VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION... When using Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2010 on my two laptops... will ALL Outlook 2010 email folders and subfolders sync correctly? Will I have basically a mirror on both computers?
    ...and yes, between your PC's, Outlook will be identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelcu View Post
    @Pre2sdrb,
    if you are HP employee you have to ask for MMS service to let Pre 2 synchronize with Outlook (Exchange servers). Hp is blocking data transfer via "clouds" without special permission services (called Mobile Managed Services or something like that).
    Yup, doing it via MMS. But, as I said, this only syncs emails & uncategorized tasks.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    SherWeb users: Please check my facts, but being that the Dynamics CRM version you are using does not reside on Microsoft servers, you might be limited in the add ons you can use. Microsoft does support single user licenses if that was the reason you went with SherWeb, just FYI.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I've had a few issues with using Exchange servers and OTHER handsets. But the Pre 2 mail application has no trouble sync'ing with multiple MS Exchange accounts. This includes Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007 servers. So I can see my Exchange 2003 e-mail (and calendar events), plus my Exchange 2007 e-mail (and calendar events), as well as my Google accounts (yes, plural) with their contacts and calendar events.

All on one Palm Pre 2. Sweet! Love this handset.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12