Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    So I decided that I really miss having landscape email on my Pre2, and decided I would get the landscape email patch updated for webOS 2.0.1. Poking around inside the email app, I saw a strange picture in the images folder.

I have been teaching myself how to write apps for webOS, so I was familiar with the app structure. I dug around the controllers folder, and found out how to trigger this image to appear.

Send yourself an email with the subject "supercowpowers" without quotes. When you open this email on your device, you will see three cows cascade down your screen over and over.

I got a good laugh out of this. Sorry all you 1.4.5 guys, this easter egg is only in 2.0. If the carriers ever release it to yall then you can see it. The thing I really feel good about is I found this easter egg before the webos-internals guys did. Just joking around, I am thankful for everything I have learned from those guys.
    Last edited by cwgtex; 12/08/2010 at 01:41 AM.
    lol it works on the emulator just sent it to mahootzki and he likes

precentral tweet
    Last edited by abegee; 12/08/2010 at 12:13 AM.
    The cow was discovered back when the doctor was first released (about a month ago I think). I don't think anybody ever actually published the trigger code, but someone did say they found an easter egg relating to the cow and the email app.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    We found the cow pic the day the webOS 2.0 Doctor went public. But I didn't know this easter egg. Thanks!
    Ohh wow, it is true!
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Nice find cwgtex.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Also, in the app views, the message-scene.html has this comment:

Code:
    <!-- Grazing area
    \____(__)			\____(__)
     | _ |00			 | _ |66	
     || ||--   \|/		 || ||--  		
    -->
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    You do realize you're not allowed to say that or the dozens of other things you've said, right?!?
    oh

dozens, that's stretching it.
    Last edited by abegee; 12/08/2010 at 12:59 AM.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    so that's what you look like rod! I always imagined you with a mustache (i knew a Rod with a mustache so that'd be why)
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    so that's what you look like rod! I always imagined you with a mustache (i knew a Rod with a mustache so that'd be why)
    If you want to see Rod watch the Dev Day video with his presentation on homebrew. Its really interesting presentation, plus you get to hear his cool accent.

Ikr, he looks like a dentist to me, not a hardk0re hacker.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Oh, but he does!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    can someone post a video of this? I think it would be fun to watch.
    neathings - neat·things and apps for webOS
    lol thanks for sharing, I must check that out as soon as I get my Pre 2
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    Neat and btw, I too look forward to getting landscape email back.
    Great find, verified on my Palm Pre webOS 2.0.1
    He has such a babyface in that pic.... LOL
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Do posts in this thread violate our nondislosures?
    That's awesome! I'm going to go down to Verizon and get my Palm Pre 2 today....

oh ... right ... nevermind

That's okay, I'll set my VZW Palm Pre Plus up to download the new webOS 2.0 update .... right ... now.......

oh ... yeah ... that's right

Could we PLEASE get things moving? I'm patient, but this is getting ridiculous!
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Do posts in this thread violate our nondislosures?
    Nope, the phone is released and the Dr. with it. Anyone in the public can buy it and doesn't have to sign an NDA.

So, my guess is we can discuss what we find in the Dr. and on the phone but not anything from the SDK.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast