Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From what I understand Facebook chat is now part of WebOS 2.0, but I haven't really see anybody with a Pre 2 saying anything about it. So, how is it? Does it work just like Gregg's Facebook patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    From what I understand Facebook chat is now part of WebOS 2.0, but I haven't really see anybody with a Pre 2 saying anything about it. So, how is it? Does it work just like Gregg's Facebook patch?
    Well, I was going to post something when I first reviewed my Pre 2 but hesitated because I figured it would get totally blown out of proportion.

It is not part of WebOS 2.0.x at this time on the unlocked GSM devices that can be purchased from HP.

It may be something they are going to add later, but it was one of the first things I looked for.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Wouldn't it be a 3rd part plugin to the messenger account through the newly open synergy service?
    Yeah,

It will be easy to implement this as well as any other IM service as soon as webOS 2.0 apps are allowed in the catalog.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Wouldn't it be a 3rd part plugin to the messenger account through the newly open synergy service?
    Why wouldn't they just include it as a part of the Facebook account synergy options? It is available for the Google account options.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  6.    #6  
    According to Gregg, the developer of the facebook and MSN chat patch for the original Pre, porting his patches to 2.0 is not that straight forward. He pretty much has to rewrite his patches and I was thinking that he would probably didn't need to work on the facebook patch since Palm already had it in WebOS 2.0 I guess we are going to have to ask him to make one
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Why wouldn't they just include it as a part of the Facebook account synergy options? It is available for the Google account options.
    I guess they could.

So is the new fb messaging all rolled out yet? I heard it was a thread of your fb messages, im's, txts, etc. I was going to ask if they would offer messaging also (in email), but if it's all tied together, IM would include messaging in the IM app for fb synergy as well right?
    has Palm indicated any idea when the webOS 2.0 catalog is coming out? Its been a while, they better get their act together soon...or will they only release it once the Pre 2 hits Verizon?
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hmm... App Catalog should be there, just bought angry birds on my palm pre 2...
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hmm... App Catalog should be there, just bought angry birds on my palm pre 2...
    no man, I'm talking about the "webos 2.0 catalog" - catalog for webos 2.0 extensions etc. such as the facebook chat addon and just type additions...
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    the "new messaging" rolled onto my facebook page this morning... so not gonna allow that to happen...

blech...
    Palm IV > Palm Treo 600 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre Plus > Nokia Lumia 920
    I was going nuts looking for this, now I know that it's just not there.
    its coming in the FB app.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    its coming in the FB app.
    Hope it does soon, I'm carrying around my iPod just for that feature.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    Hope it does soon, I'm carrying around my iPod just for that feature.

You could use an IM app like Agile Messenger meanwhile.

- AR
    @AR_ on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDizzAR View Post
    You could use an IM app like Agile Messenger meanwhile.

meh skip agile, while the service is solid, it is a horrible app, that has not been designed with webos in mind, and is very very buggy and over priced
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    no man, I'm talking about the "webos 2.0 catalog" - catalog for webos 2.0 extensions etc. such as the facebook chat addon and just type additions...
    Just type additions will come as apps since you need an app to run justtype, it isn't standalone.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    It kinda sucks not having this since it was one of the major factors enticing me to buy this phone. Every reviewer who used the device had it and it is plastered all over the Palm website. I would even use a facebook 2.0 beta with this feature. Upside is it was only $250 who can complain about that.

x.0 releases often don't have the full version X feature set, especially if these x.0 releases aren't meant for wide-spread consumer use (i.e. only available on developer devices).

I'm betting it's gonna be in the 2.x version that'll be announced on February 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    x.0 releases often don't have the full version X feature set, especially if these x.0 releases aren't meant for wide-spread consumer use (i.e. only available on developer devices).

I'm betting it's gonna be in the 2.x version that'll be announced on February 9.
    Yea we will see what happens and its only a couple of weeks until the announcenent. I'm hoping for good things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast