1.    #1  
    After several tries and 2 nights of digging the forum I finally succeed to install Preware on my Palm Pre 2 with WebOS 2.0.
    I did it with Windows XP, so I'm not sure this procedure will work for Vista or 7 but you can try.

1. what you will need:
    - WebOS Quick Install - newest version - download it from WebOS Quick Install v2.96 - PreCentral Forums. You do not need to download WebOS Doctor with it - it will be downloaded separately.
    - Newest Java version installed on your PC (check version and download here: Verify Java Version
    - Newest WebOS Doctor (which includes Novacom drivers) - to be downlaoded from: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals - choose version Unlocked/Pre 2 and than your region (ex. P102UEU & P102UNA)

2. Install procedure:
    - Install newest Java on your PC
    - Uninstall any existing Novacom drivers from your PC system (Control Panel)
    - Run WebOS Doctor .jar file downloaded recenty. Let the application do "Checking System". At this point do not connect Palm device to your PC by USB. Wait till WebOS Doctor install Novacom Drivers to your system. Button 'Next' should not be active. Do not close this app, step to next point.
    - Switch your Palm to Developer Mode (you know how to do that...
    - connect Palm to PC by USB - choose "jast charge" when asked
    - Wait till Windows finish "installing new device Novacom Palm" and show popup "Your device is installed and ready to use". At this point WebOS Doctor's button "Next" should become active. Do not push that button! This only informes you that Novacom drivers are properly installed. Close WebOS Doctor window (with "x")
    - Run WebOS Quick Install .jar file downloaded recently.
    - Now you should be able to download and install Preware on your Palm WebOs 2.0 device

Hope you'll find this short tutorial usefull. And please let know if it works for other systems as Vista or Win 7.
    Hmmm, that was all at the link below already...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-pre-2-a.html

and yes, it works on Vista and Windows 7. 64 Bit OS users may have to manually install the Novacom drivers though.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for confirming it works for Win Vista and 7

I think this post is easier to understand cause it's simply and step by step procedure without relations to other threads. That's why I created it.
    But for sure you can find very important informations (on how to install Preware with Linux or how to extract novacom drivers manually) in post you mention:

Quote Originally Posted by Pelcu View Post
    I think this post is easier to understand cause it's simply and step by step procedure without relations to other threads. That's why I created it.
    But for sure you can find very important informations (on how to install Preware with Linux or how to extract novacom drivers manually) in post you mention:

The reason I link to the external sites is because they, WebOS Internals and Canuck Coding are responsible for the creation and implementation of Preware and WebOS Quick Install respectively, and as the requirements for the proper install, use and compatibility may change as the OS changes, they will update their instructions appropriately.

So, if things change, people will still be able to find the accurate information without me having to edit my post. This helps keep people from trying to implement old solutions and versions that no longer work or are no longer necessary.

The instructions at both of the install links in my post are very detailed and are step by step as well (and I didn't have to write or re-write them ).
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I have not the Novacom drives my palm pre tel lower the UniversalNovacomInstaller-1.3 but I get the installer to apply medeja windwos and need help please ..