Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    That is standard procedure. Warranties don't typically transfer when the device is resold.
    They do with the iPhone. Applecare, whether the original, or the extra year purchased, go with the phone.

That's a huge re-selling feature. I doubt I'd buy a used phone that didn't come with its manufacturer warranty.
    I should calculate better?

I wasn't the person who originally said that, so my calculations do not matter. In fact, I am excellent in math.

But perhaps you should read the whole thread and then respond to the ORIGINAL poster of the "3 should be fine" part. I was simply saying that you were incorrect in what you said. Zen00 said a TV can have up to 50, but a phone can have up to 3 and be fine. You said nothing about cell phones (you only said stuff about TVs), and I told you that Zen00 said 3 for phones.
    Sorry, now I can see who сannot read carefully.
    Display != TV. All I've said that, unlike TV, you watch display (any: phone, smartphone, notebook, pc) from much shorter distance and same standarts, even in comparison with screen size, could not apply, due to more harmfull effect on distracting and anoying the eyes. As an example I brought known numbers for LG computer display, which should be closer to phone standarts. And left extropolation for the reader. I haven't objected Zen00's post but brought more info.

P.S. Morden people thinks that Display is the same as TV... O tempora! O mores!
    That is standard procedure. Warranties don't typically transfer when the device is resold.
    I disagree. The warranty stays with the phone.
  4.    #24  
    I agreed with Cantaffordit. That what I was thinking.... I bought an Iphone4 in Hong Kong, there is a dead pixel and I send the phone back to HK and told friend to bring it to the apple repair center. They still gives him a replacement. Well I mean as long as the phone is under warranty, it doesn't matter who has the phone right?
    The man who had dead pixels on his Pre 2 complained, until he met the man who had no Pre 2.
    Sheesh, no need to argue over my simple extrapolation, that's all it was!
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
  7.    #27  
    Haha calm down guys, no need to argue over some little things.
    Ok all this talk but has any tried the Dead Pixel Fixer app yet? Not certain if its 2.0 compatible,,,, yet.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Ok all this talk but has any tried the Dead Pixel Fixer app yet? Not certain if its 2.0 compatible,,,, yet.
    WOW I didn't know there is such thing? I'm going to look it up in app store.
    Thanks buddy.
    I still have the beta version of the app called Dead Pixel Finder but in the Palm app catalog is called Stuck Pixel Fixer. Same app but re-branded and is a paid app.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    On an LCD screen TV, up to 50 dead pixels is considered acceptable. As far as a smartphone screen, while smaller, I'm sure that 3 pixels is considered within acceptable limits by the manufacturers, and you won't receive much sympathy.
    Thats kinda bad business if you ask me. Dead pixels are very distracting, atleast to me. I wouldn't want a product that was not 100% if I paid 100% for it!
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/conta...anty_1year.pdf

HARDWARE: Palm, Inc. (“Palm”) warrants to the original purchaser
    (“Customer”) that new Palm branded hardware products...
    <This Page is Blank>
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    On an LCD screen TV, up to 50 dead pixels is considered acceptable.
    Um...no.

ISO 13406-2 standard for LCD screen pixel faults
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Thats kinda bad business if you ask me. Dead pixels are very distracting, atleast to me. I wouldn't want a product that was not 100% if I paid 100% for it!
    Actually the reality is you probably pay about 400% of how much it costs them to contract the making of the phone out to a Chinese supplier.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    I still have the beta version of the app called Dead Pixel Finder but in the Palm app catalog is called Stuck Pixel Fixer. Same app but re-branded and is a paid app.
    Thanks man, It fixes it. No more stuck pixel, I realize instead of dead pixels I have the stuck pixels LOL But I ran the program for 20 mins and I don't see them anymore!!!!!

Thank you very much buddy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chau1988 View Post
    Thanks man, It fixes it. No more stuck pixel, I realize instead of dead pixels I have the stuck pixels LOL But I ran the program for 20 mins and I don't see them anymore!!!!!

Thank you very much buddy!
    Glad it worked out for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Thanks for the information, in your own awkward way.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelcu View Post
    he, he... Similar customer service experience I had with Palm Support. I tried to set up my "Voicemail number" in Phone preferences. I don't know why but I can't save the number I put there: I type it and it's never saved and never can be dialed with "1" or "Voicemail" button.
    I go in chat with support (cause I'm from Poland) and nice girl (probably) advice me to make system restart. Lol. Than when it was not solving the issue she asked me to do "Erase Apps & Data". I did. It also did not solve the issue. Than she asked me to wait a min to let her check in her own Palm what is going on (you really believe thay use Palms for their own?). After that check (in her own Palm) she told me that this issue depends on my Carrier provider/SIM card and that she can't help. Nice support
    Of course when I put my SIM card to any other phone or smartphone there is no problem to set up "Voicemail number" in the system. So definitely it's WebOS issue I think.
    If you didn't resolve this? If not, follow the instructions here http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2002079

You will find a database entry for the "Voicemail number", just change it to the number you need, re upload the file :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by evilduckster View Post
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/conta...anty_1year.pdf

HARDWARE: Palm, Inc. (“Palm”) warrants to the original purchaser
    (“Customer”) that new Palm branded hardware products...
    I was wondering where to find that.
    I wanted to read through it after i noticed

"1-year limited warranty. See Palm.com for warranty terms and conditions"
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Contact the seller and see if he'll talk to palm or if he will give you his name and ask as if you were him.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast