1.    #1  
    How is it? I'm on Sprint now, but will go to ATT for the Pre 2. Do I have to pay for using the GPS navigator? How much?
    since at&t isn't selling the pre2, I doubt you can get the at&t navigation software. The phone would be an unlocked pre2 directly from palm.

you would have to call at&t to ask if there is a way to get at&t apps on an unlocked phone they didn't sell.
    You might be able to pull the AT&T nav stuff out of the AT&T Pre+ webOS Doctor and install it on your Pre 2.

And yes, AT&T does charge extra. I think it is $10.

It should be the same thing, pretty much. They both use Telenav for the data, so there shouldn't be a difference.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I think you might be able to get a monthly account with Telenav for $10 per month. You moght have to do a bit of home brew to get Telenav (ATT GPS) on your Pre2.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    You might be able to pull the AT&T nav stuff out of the AT&T Pre+ webOS Doctor and install it on your Pre 2.

And yes, AT&T does charge extra. I think it is $10.

It should be the same thing, pretty much. They both use Telenav for the data, so there shouldn't be a difference.
    Are you paying the $10 for GPS? I guess you would be the best person to ask to get the GPS app? Let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Are you paying the $10 for GPS? I guess you would be the best person to ask to get the GPS app? Let me know.
    The app and service IPK's will be in a 1.4.5 version of the ATT Dr. file avaliable HERE

Change the .jar extension to a .zip extension to browse inside the file. Look in the resources folder and find the ATT tar file. You can open it with WinRar or other archive tools to see the contents of the package and then just copy the IPK's from there to a folder of your choosing. You can then install them from your computer with Palm-install or WoSQI, or copy them to your Pre2 USB partition and install them using Preware.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I pay $10 per months to Telenav for ATT Nav. It is a great app. I like the ability to drop in address from my desk and then get the address sync'd to my phone when in the car.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    No, I'm a Sprint person. (though I do have a GoPhone account for my Pre+, Pixi+, and Pre2 that I use for development)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup