Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Try using DummyMaker with com.palm.app.spotify.beta.

Also, is the beta working for you guys? Every single song tells me that it is not available for streaming from Spotify. I can only play local songs, and I'm not gonna use Spotify for that when I can use Music Player Remix. Could it be that they're blocking streams for the US?
    Last edited by rsanchez1; 06/02/2011 at 02:40 PM.
    They shouldn't if you have a valid premium subscription. If you don't, they'll be blocking streams from everywhere.
    I feel like it should be telling me that then. Instead it is telling me those songs are not available to stream from Spotify.

Also, the dashboard doesn't work for me at all.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    the Spotify Beta works fine for me on the HP Veer in the UK.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Try using DummyMaker with com.palm.app.spotify.beta.

Also, is the beta working for you guys? Every single song tells me that it is not available for streaming from Spotify. I can only play local songs, and I'm not gonna use Spotify for that when I can use Music Player Remix. Could it be that they're blocking streams for the US?
    Using DummyMaker worked for me on a Pre 2 2.1.0 in the Netherlands... Thank you sir!
    I used the beta Spotify, works great

I think you need to enable developer mode to use it though as the link didn't work to before i had developer mode on or preware installed.
    Does anyone have the spotify and the spotify.beta ipk's I cannot seem to download them
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_a_griffiths View Post
    Does anyone have the spotify and the spotify.beta ipk's I cannot seem to download them
    Have you tried pointing the Impostah app or the Dummymaker app to com.palm.app.spotify.beta?
    I've just received an update to Spotify. It unsynced all my music, so I'm having to download it all again. I still need to test if some of the bugs have been worked out with this new one. I will report back soon.
    Here is a quote from the Get Satisfaction forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogan (Spotify Employee) 1 day ago

The latest version of Spotify for WebOS has been updated with WebOS 2.0 compatibility!

The highlights:
    - 2.0 compatibility
    - Wireless sync
    - Speed improvements

Please update and enjoy!
    So this is the existing Spotify app that was updated to what the Spotify beta app had?

The spotify beta didn't really have any new features I could notice beyond 2.0 compatibility. What is new?

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I just got my pre2 on Monday. I had the beta version of spotify installed and working. When I heard the new released version was available, I uninstalled the beta and installed the new release and got it working ok.

However, I had to reset my pre2 yesterday (for an unrelated reason). Since then, I cannot get spotify to run - it's freezing at the login screen, before I've had the chance to enter any text for login. The cursor on the username field is not flashing. It takes a few seconds before i can return to card view and close the app. Even then, the spotify drop down at the top left persists for few seconds.

I've tried everything I can think of to reset my pre2, but I still get the same fault.

- restart
    - remove spotify and reinstall
    - all the levels of reset from the device info menu, including secure
    - creating new palm profile so it doesn't restore spotify
    - reset using the doctor
    - deleting my backup and full reset

All to no avail, when I reinstall either the beta or new release - same fault.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can try? This is driving me crackers!
    Last edited by bigiain; 06/24/2011 at 01:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Problem Sorted!!!! - seems i had too many devices registered agaisnt my Spotify account. Once they deleted some entries in my account for my old android phone the problem was cleared. It looks like Spotify are being quite sneaky - they are tracking your phone ID before you even log onto the system - presumably blocking your phone ID if it's been used on an account with too many devices registered against it.
    I'm having the same problem RSanchez mentions above on my Veer. Every time I click a song in Spotify it tells me it's not available for streaming. Is it not compatible with 2.1.2?

Never mind. This

http://www.spotify.com/us/mobile/overview/

tells me that the Veer ain't supported.
    Last edited by grappler; 07/22/2011 at 10:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    I'm having the same problem RSanchez mentions above on my Veer. Every time I click a song in Spotify it tells me it's not available for streaming. Is it not compatible with 2.1.2?

Never mind. This

Spotify Mobile - Mobile Music - Iphone, Android, Symbian, Nokia Music - Spotify

tells me that the Veer ain't supported.
    That's odd, it works fine on my Veer (running Spotify 0.5.1 in the US) with a Premium account.
    Anybody else unable to get files to download to offline mode? It's one of the best reasons to have Spotify Premium.
    I still can't get it to show me any available songs. If it's not a local file, it always tells me the track is not available for streaming on spotify.

Quote Originally Posted by bigiain View Post
    Problem Sorted!!!! - seems i had too many devices registered agaisnt my Spotify account. Once they deleted some entries in my account for my old android phone the problem was cleared. It looks like Spotify are being quite sneaky - they are tracking your phone ID before you even log onto the system - presumably blocking your phone ID if it's been used on an account with too many devices registered against it.
    Never mind, I got it working after a ridiculous amount of installing and deleting and moving and pasting and so on..
    Last edited by patgrohn; 09/23/2011 at 04:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigiain View Post
    Hi bigiain,
    How exactly did you persuade whoever "they" are to delete some entries in your account? I have exactly the same problem and my forum post has so far had no response from Spotify.
    Ungruntled Premium-Subscriber
    Anyone tried to install spotify recently? I have my Pre 2 here, and first tried impostah, but it tells me the App com.palm.app.spotify is unknown. Same for the .beta. Now I tried DummyMaker (should do the same, right?), and it did install something. But it just gives me a dummy app which will never get past the warping app loading screen (the dummy maker one).

/edit: just to get it right: I DO hit the launch update button in DummyMaker. But the update screen just tells me there are no updates, so I am left with the dummy icon again. This somehow matches with the "app not found" in impostah, that'S why I am asking if the app is still at the above location available.

/edit 2: Oooooook! Went with the ipk install, cp'ed some files as described - works! Thx!
    Last edited by hux; 04/06/2012 at 01:58 AM.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast